Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 309 total)
  • THE Queue.
  • crazy-legs

is there a queue to see THE queue?

The whole country will end up as one massive piece of performance art as queues form to see the queues that are there to see THE Queue which is there to see the coffin.

Very meta.

IdleJon

The whole country will end up as one massive piece of performance art as queues form to see the queues that are there to see THE Queue which is there to see the coffin.

Very meta.

All keeping an eye on the webcams showing the queues viewing queues viewing queues?

ernielynch

Here’s some breaking news from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-62905699

Middlesbrough mum texted daughter ‘we must go to London tonight’

The wonders of rolling news and the latest up-to-date developments eh?

I’m looking forward to hearing of any further possible exchanges of text messages between Joyce and Shelby Dawson.

slowoldman

Is it acceptable to travel to London to look at the historic queue? Maybe that might generate a queue to view the queue.

Yes, but not by bike.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

And is it disrespectful to not do anyhting other than honour the queen on the BH? That would mean that only Christians can take Christmas or Easter off.

I’m planning on launching a ten corgi salute using trebuchets.

It’s what she would have wanted.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Queuing is big business

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134231027602

“How much to post to Nigeria?”

dissonance

some twitter wag suggested that take the coffin out and drive it slowly along the length of the queue.

I think they should have displayed it at Waterloo underground station. Put it in the middle of that travelator between the different lines and that way wouldn’t have been any problems with people hanging around looking at it for too long.

igm

When you get to the front there’ll be someone to explain that really you need form RD-22 and you need to join that other queue to get it.

Cougar

igm

Pretty sure that’s an R2-D2 not a RD-22. Back of the queue sir.

Cougar

Damned Bureaucracy.

johnx2
    Free Member

some twitter wag suggested that take the coffin out and drive it slowly along the length of the queue.

Crowd surfing ftw

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Queue’ll surprise…

democratic rights

binners

Apparently, if you’re not presently in ’The Queue’ then you won’t be allowed to vote at the next general election

thepurist

I noticed that the official queue tracking site is using W3W to give the location of the end. Hope someone’s checking each update to make sure there aren’t any inappropriate 3 word combinations being used.

binners

Nation of serfs?

somafunk

I noticed that the official queue tracking site is using W3W to give the location of the end

I believe What.The.**** is appropriate

convert

Queue’ll surprise…

🙂

The idea of a sainted few being considered too important to have to queue to see the lying in state of a lady too important to have to drawer the curtains in her own bedroom in the morning being astonishing is, well, astonishing!

The Uk are world leaders in two things – queuing (the plebs) and queue jumping (the others). The fact we are rocking it in both categories this week is truly befitting of the moment.

theotherjonv

Possibly 5% are actually going to be watching the funeral.

I’d take a spread bet with you on that. 5% is 3.3 million, 13 million watched the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral. William and Kate’s wedding, 24M.

MoreCashThanDash

I’d take a spread bet with you on that. 5% is 3.3 million, 13 million watched the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral. William and Kate’s wedding, 24M.

Get out of here with your facts!

theotherjonv

I heard a heart warming tale on the radio on the way home. A lady had got lost, and was given wrong directions to the end of the queue. She retraced steps and was given directions over a bridge but came on the queue part way through and was then given directions to the back. At this point she was feeling like she should just go home again, but another group of ladies said she could join them in the disabled / accessibility queue. They ‘literally’ saved her life, and they were now having a cup of tea together and swapping stories and phone numbers.

Can we have a royal funeral more often, this is bringing the country together in a way that no politician ever could.

In other news – queue jumpers, WTF!

scotroutes

funkmasterp

A lady had got lost, and was given wrong directions to the end of the queue. She retraced steps and was given directions over a bridge but came on the queue part way through and was then given directions to the back. At this point she was feeling like she should just go home again, but another group of ladies said she could join them in the disabled / accessibility queue. They ‘literally’ saved her life,

How can you not find the end of a queue? Look at the direction people are facing and walk the opposite way until there are no more people. She’ll be lucky if she makes it back home!

ernielynch

Why did she join the “disabled / accessibility queue”?

Did she actually have a disability before she started to look for the end of the queue? Did she have a blue badge to prove it? I need more facts before I decide that she wasn’t a chancer.

funkmasterp

I’m thinking she was blind if she got lost in a massive queue.

theotherjonv

absolute chancer was the way I heard it. And then took her sob story to the radio and told the nation about it.

Twodogs

I noticed that the official queue tracking site is using W3W to give the location of the end. Hope someone’s checking each update to make sure there aren’t any inappropriate 3 word combinations being used.

People directed to N Carolina

Bazz

My work colleagues inform me that London Fire Brigade are being mobilised to provide “Crown welfare” to the queued. Unfortunately being sat at home with a busted ankle I won’t be able to join them 🤣. They weren’t it’s fair to say thrilled.

Caher

C’mon, how many of you on here are actually in the queue at the moment?

dissonance

My work colleagues inform me that London Fire Brigade are being mobilised to provide “Crown welfare” to the queued

I assume that doesnt mean using high pressure hoses on them?

Bazz

I’m assuming not, though I have no idea what they are going to do, it’s not like we carry portaloos or kettles for hot drinks, we rely on the Salvation army to provide us with that.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@cougar I’m going to assume you know better and should have prefixed that with the customary “regret to inform poetry has broken out” 🤨

https://media.tenor.com/s1lH51kPuyYAAAAM/kim-jong-un.gifdisappoint

thecaptain
    Free Member

Do people realise that “the queue” is only about half a million people in total? Over the whole 5 days?

It’s a fringe group of nutters (literally the 1%), it’s a nothingburger. Move on.

funkmasterp

But the media says we have to care so YOU WILL CARE! Now get in the queue

Kryton57

You can save a lot of time by watching the live feed on Sky news. 🤷🏻

matt_outandabout

It’s a fringe group of nutters (literally the 1%), it’s a nothingburger. Move on.

I hadn’t realised the Cabinet were queueing.

kayak23

I always seem to get the people in queues who have absolutely no concept of personal space amongst strangers.

They stand right up close behind you, close enough to feel their wretched breath, and you are forced to develop elaborate strategies in an attempt to increase the distance.

An elaborate yawn that includes a little foot slide and shuffle for instance or the pretense of having to access your bag that involves moving away slightly to a comfortable distance to remove it from your shoulder and perform a fake rummage before putting it back at your new found safe distance.
    Hoping that they don’t notice.

But they notice. They DO notice and what do the bastards do, but close the gap again?! 😡

Imagine 30 hours of that 😳

weeksy

Wear a hula-hoop…. if they come inside the ring of power, you can stab them in the eyes.

kayak23

🤣

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 309 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.