Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 309 total)
  • THE Queue.
  • jam-bo

The epitome of Britishness. A queue to end all queues. A spectacle that deserves its own thread.

Will you be in THE queue?

ton

would love to be. but no.

fatoldgit

Still trying to figure out the logistics of getting to London village

There is a train (s) that can get me there around 01.30 am Saturday so quite tempted

jam-bo

ernielynch

I queued up for an hour last month just to see a Hari Krishna shrine, so who knows where my curiosity of people’s strange and mysterious beliefs will take me next.

funkmasterp

It needs wasps and an inability to escape them to be a proper epic queue for the ages. Like at Alton Towers!

binners

Will there be tutting? And eye-rolling? As well as the shuffling?

If so, I’m in!

edd
    jimw
    Free Member

No, I won’t be there.

stwhannah

Endurance queuing. Probably quite good training for the Strathpuffer.

winston
    Free Member

I was once forced to queue for several hours to get into Kings carol service because my cousin was reading some nonsense about three kings…I was only about 8 and got bribed with a bag of chips and a beano. Still remember the sheer tedium now and that was after we got in…

matt_outandabout

Just no.

ernielynch

Will there be tutting? And eye-rolling? As well as the shuffling?

If so, I’m in!

I have never queued up to look at a coffin but I doubt that tutting and eye-rolling is the expected protocol.

Have you ever been to a funeral binners?

devash
    Free Member

Guinness Book of Records should be there. Surely a contender for the longest queue in history? What a post-Brexit boost that would be for the country that invented queueing!

blokeuptheroad

No, but I hope this thread doesn’t become yet another opportunity for the usual suspects to tell us all how deluded, subservient etc. those that do are.

Joe

It’s all getting quite sinister isn’t it?

I quite like the royal family, but the north korean behaviour of the British public is really beginning to trouble me.

tthew

I’ll probably go and push in at the front yeah?

devash
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSpYI9bfPs

Livestream of people walking past the coffin for the voyeurs / insomniacs.

funkmasterp

I wonder if we’ll get tourists coming to see the queue. Perhaps they will come to view it and then be overtaken by a need to join it.

jimdubleyou

I shall be cycling past the queue tomorrow morning with a cheery hello to anybody who is awake. It’s not for me but good luck to them.
    Probably perfect queuing weather, not too hot, not raining 🙂

thepurist

No I won’t be going – but I respect that those joining the queue knowing how long they’ll be waiting must have very strong motives.

Apparently two and a half miles at the moment – can you sleep or will those who are awake sneak past if the queue moves? What about loos, food and all that.

MoreCashThanDash

I was once forced to queue for several hours to get into Kings carol service

Saved yourself some time and gone to see a better choir at Pembroke just down the road.

mrdobermann
    Free Member

I wish people would remember how to queue at fkn bus stops in London these days…

BoardinBob

Guinness Book of Records should be there. Surely a contender for the longest queue in history

I would imagine Mecca attracts bigger queues during Hajj. In fact there could be queues of refugees either crossing borders or at refugee camps that exceed this

jimdubleyou

I wish people would remember how to queue at fkn bus stops in London these days…

In my experience it’s normally ok if the bus stop only has 1 or 2 destinations. If there are 3 or more routes it’s a bunfight.

funkmasterp

Are they queuing properly in Mecca though? In an orderly fashion and tutting or mumbling under their breath when somebody has saved a spot for a friend? If not then I don’t think it counts as a proper queue

binners

I have never queued up to look at a coffin but I doubt that tutting and eye-rolling is the expected protocol

You’ve a squillion of the English, Daily Mail reading middle class in a ten mile long queue. If you could somehow harness the energy from the sheer volume of tutting and eye-rolling going on you could solve the cost of living crisis in a second

funkmasterp

You’ve a squillion of the English, Daily Mail reading middle class in a ten mile long queue.

I bet they’re blaming Meghan, the EU or just foreigners for the length of the queue

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I bet there’s no foreign visitors in the queue either.

ernielynch

bet they’re blaming Meghan, the EU or just foreigners for the length of the queue

Blaming??

I’m sure many would be mortified if the queue wasn’t several miles long.

joat

Yeah it’s long, but it’s nothing compared to the queue for the gondola at Fort Bill WC. That’s the World Cup, not the bogs (though that was long too).

frankconway

bloke – it’s going exactly the same way as the ‘Thoughts with the Queen’ thread.
    It’s clear that many of the posters making critical and vituperative comments on the other thread should stop watching coverage of the event they’re criticising, go off to do something constructive and stop being keyboard warriors.
    They could go to London, join the queue and articulate their opinions to get some personal and immediate response to their views.

funkmasterp

Bloody hell Frank! This was a bit of harmless fun and now you’ve tried to make it serious. I hope you feel ashamed of yourself. No queue for you!

Robz
    Free Member

People keep moaning about the amount of coverage this is getting in traditional media and how tiresome it all is, yet people keep creating new and commenting on Royal themed threads here.

Lol.

tpbiker
    Free Member

There is a live stream of a stationary coffin

The whole thing is beyond bizarre

I genuinely questioned how many of these people are there to pay their respects, rather than to be able to say ‘I was there’ to their mates and family in future. Same goes for all the crowds outside. It’s all a bit ghoulish if you ask me.

kayak23

I would imagine Mecca attracts bigger queues

Doubtful. I mean bingo is pretty popular for sure but that queue is massive.

ElShalimo

Why isn’t it an open casket?

If it’s good enough for my Granny, it’s good enough for Liz

Pieface

I bet it’s an empty coffin.

alpin
    Free Member

No bloody way!

Who wants to queue for anything?

No. Nope. Nein!

Dickyboy

Off to that there London tomorrow, looks like I’ll be missing the queue though, seems a shame really that you don’t have to queue to marvel at the queue.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 309 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.