Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 309 total)
  • THE Queue.
  • ernielynch

Thanks for making my point Kayak, that uncle fester lookalike is clearly some sort of psycho – it’s not something that you expect to figure in the minds of many people!

Dickyboy

Lord be praised for I have seen across the mighty Thames and witnessed the queue.

StirlingCrispin

“They should get Daniel Craig to do a shift as a cameo!”

As a yoof I knew Gary Bullock / Gary Connery who parachuted in as the Queen. He got jailed last month for GBH. That’s not been on the news.

franksinatra

That selfie photo of Uncle Fester posing looks like the corpse is lying in a massive satin fanny.

ernielynch

The queue tracker doesn’t seem to be working anymore:

I was thinking of joining the end if it had died down a bit.

dove1

I find the grief some people have for a person they have never met, why a whole nation has to mourn, the constant TV coverage mystifying but can understand it to a degree. However, the desire to stand in a queue for hours and hours and hours to shuffle past a box covered in a flag in a big empty room is just bizarre.
    If people want to do it though, then let them carry on.

dudeofdoom

I genuinely questioned how many of these people are there to pay their respects, rather than to be able to say ‘I was there’ to their mates and family in future. Same goes for all the crowds outside. It’s all a bit ghoulish if you ask me.

TBH if I was in London I’d probably go for the historic ‘I was there’, sometimes it’s nice to experience events in real life rather than through someone else’s lens.

State funerals aren’t really like buses, you could be waiting a while for the next 🙂

Anyway I like a good send off.

phil5556

Queuing is big business

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134231027602

fingerbang
    Free Member

I was watching the shenanigans at 12:30am last night, for chill out purposes and something actually happened! It cut straight to an outside shot as soon as it occurred though:

My mate is on watch today. He’s Yeaoman Warder at the Tower ordinarily.

At least the shifts are short, bloody warm and uncomfortable in that uniform. It’s the Household Div that will be sweating the most, that armour isn’t light.

devash
    Free Member

That photo of Levi Bellfield stood next to the satin fanny corpse (thanks @franksinatra, that made me spit out my tea laughing) is the most random thing I’ve seen online in a while.

kayla1
    Free Member

There is a live stream of a stationary coffin

The whole thing is beyond bizarre

I genuinely questioned how many of these people are there to pay their respects, rather than to be able to say ‘I was there’ to their mates and family in future. Same goes for all the crowds outside. It’s all a bit ghoulish if you ask me.

I’ll chuck mawkish into the mix as well.

ernielynch

Royal guard faints and faceplants in front of Queen’s coffin at Westminster Hall

Press TV is owned by the Islamic Republic of Iran, I can’t help feeling that it’s unpatriotic to share that clip.

kayak23

That photo of Levi Bellfield stood next to the satin fanny corpse

It’s actually the body of Maradona, and the selfieist is a Funeral worker who got sacked and received death threats for the photo

Dickyboy

All the road closures are pretty extreme, causing problems on 2 of the 5 jobs I’m looking at today 😕

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Go on lads, by Sunday I’d like to see as many posts on the Queue as there are people in it.
    You can do it!

IdleJon

Is it acceptable to travel to London to look at the historic queue? Maybe that might generate a queue to view the queue.

All the road closures are pretty extreme, causing problems on 2 of the 5 jobs I’m looking at today 😕

We were just talking about that in work. Does the queue cross roads? Do people have to wait for a green man, or gap in the traffic? Or does it go onto the South Bank?

Of course, there’s no need for a massive queue. People have been issued passes to enter the place (at a particular time apparently), so they could equally have been given a ticket with a time to arrive in batches, like many venues use. But that wouldn’t look as spectacular as this, and wouldn’t properly demonstrate the love that we had for our deceased monarch.

convert

Of course, there’s no need for a massive queue. People have been issued passes to enter the place (at a particular time apparently), so they could equally have been given a ticket with a time to arrive in batches, like many venues use. But that wouldn’t look as spectacular as this, and wouldn’t properly demonstrate the love that we had for our deceased monarch.

Cynical – but it does sound very plausible. A system that basically gave you a 15min window to pitch up with your e ticket. Miss your window and you miss your chance. Over ‘sell’ by 5-10% for no shows to maximise those who get a chance. That would surely be an easy win. And………they kind of knew this was going to be a thing in the next year or 3 so putting in the legwork to get it ready in time would not have been impossible.

Robz
    Free Member

It’s a constant stream of people filtering through, the ticket issuing system is to limit congestion at the door, how would a batch system work any more efficiently? There would need to be batches (of huge numbers) arriving pretty much constantly and then there would be late and early people. It would be chaos.

I am pretty sure they thought this through/modelled it during the planning process and that the spectacle wasn’t their number 1 priority.

Local authorities etc have been planning this for years. The infrastructure and logistical arrangements that were seemingly spun up overnight in Aberdeenshire were really quite impressive.

shermer75
    Free Member

scuttler

I suppose you could always go round again.

Some nutjob will

convert

It’s a constant stream of people filtering through, the ticket issuing system is to limit congestion at the door, how would a batch system work any more efficiently? There would need to be batches (of huge numbers) arriving pretty much constantly and then there would be late and early people. It would be chaos.

It really wouldn’t. You work out how many people can go through in 15 mins. Say 500. 500 people are then given a ticket for say 0415, 500 for 0430 etc etc. 2 ‘kettling’ zones with those zig zag barriers – one live and one being stacked. Once the stacked one is full and security checked it then becomes the live one and starts the process of walking through and the other zone becomes the stacking zone. Obvious benefit being you know when you’ll be needed and are not expected to stand around for hours and hours. Down side is the booking system would have to be oldie friendly and you’d have to ensure your people per hour estimate was bob on or you could end up with delays or an empty webcam.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Is it cynical of me to think that they will deliberately slow the process down, to ensure maximum queue length?

Yesterday R4 were advising it would require up to 30 hours in the queue but it’s nowhere near that.

Will numbers drop off by Monday?

Just imagine if everyone who wants to go, has been by Saturday and they have no queue, what will “they” do?

molgrips
    Free Member

There is a live stream of a stationary coffin

The whole thing is beyond bizarre

It’s not an exclusively British thing though. You can still queue to see Lenin in a coffin and he died nearly 100 years ago.

scotroutes

I suppose you could always go round again.

Some nutjob will

One woman managed 9 visits to the coffin when it was in Edinburgh.

kelvin

Thanks crazy-legs. While that story is mildly amusing, it led me to some absolutely splutteringly funny stuff they’ve done during this period of moaning. Very, very funny… and lots of it. More Mash please!

gray

As a yoof I knew Gary Bullock / Gary Connery who parachuted in as the Queen. He got jailed last month for GBH. That’s not been on the news.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-62557277

imnotverygood

Just imagine if everyone who wants to go, has been by Saturday and they have no queue, what will “they” do

& if it happens it gets to Saturday and there’s still a queue, what are all the republicans going to do?

chrismac

Will numbers drop off by Monday?

Im going for yes on the grounds she wont be there much past the early hours so they can get her ready for the main event later in the morning

gobuchul
    Free Member

& if it happens it gets to Saturday and there’s stilla cue, what are all the republicans going to do?

Dismiss as a load of nut jobs going around for the 4th time.

nickc

I bet there’s no foreign visitors in the queue either.

I spoke with a couple from Canada on my flight on Tuesday, who come over just to do this.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Queuing is big business

Aye, got an email from Tesco yesterday saying that all their stores will be shut as a mark of respect.

Except the ones along the funeral procession 🤣

Pieface

‘We’re closed as a mark of respect’ – more like parents can’t find childcare at such short notice, and everyone else wants to get leathered on their bonus BH. Possibly 5% are actually going to be watching the funeral.

And is it disrespectful to not do anyhting other than honour the queen on the BH? That would mean that only Christians can take Christmas or Easter off.

Northwind

If I was nearby, I’d go to see the queue. Still can’t be as slow as the one for buses at the mega though

jam-bo

If I was nearby, I’d go to see the queue.

is there a queue to see THE queue?

IdleJon

If I was nearby, I’d go to see the queue.

is there a queue to see THE queue?

I’ve already done this – I’m first in line. It’s the queue to view the queue!

phil5556

Why do the BBC switch the news between channels? Why don’t they just keep BBC1 as Queenie cam and put everything else on BBC2?

They do during other sporting events etc too.

fingerbang
    Free Member

some twitter wag suggested that take the coffin out and drive it slowly along the length of the queue. Everyone can go home. job’s a good ‘un

funkmasterp

I’ve already done this – I’m first in line. It’s the queue to view the queue!

I’m coming down at the weekend to start a queue to view the queue that’s viewing the queue

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 309 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.