Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Grinder: Aeroe rack, Repente saddle, Madison glasses, Shimano shoes, Sinter pads, Muc-Off tool, Hyperlocal
  • singletrackmag
    Free Member

Tools and tech for your convenience and comfort. Because suffering is overrated.

By singletrackmag

Get the full story here:

The Grinder: Aeroe rack, Repente saddle, Madison glasses, Shimano shoes, Sinter pads, Muc-Off tool, Hyperlocal

gazzab1955

@stwbenji – What is that weather app actually called? Cannot find anything called Hyperlocal Weather on the app store.

lewisdeacon

@gazzab1955 Dark Sky Tech Weather App – you can follow the Apple / Google link

gazzab1955

Thanks @lewisdeacon – Confusing having two names! 🙂 I was viewing the post on my PC, but obviously want the app on my phone, should have used the link from there instead. Cheers

Kramer
    Free Member

Just about to use my Aeroe for my first proper bike packing trip. I guess I fit the use case, in that I want to use it to carry luggage on my mountain bikes rather than having a specific bikepacking rig.

MadBillMcMad

@kramer, me too. We set off this (rather wet) Thursday doing the Calder divide plus minor extension.

What are you doing?

scotroutes

I bought the Aeroe rack for my Fatbike because I’ve a couple of specific tours in mind where I’ll want a bit more capacity than my normal seatpack.permits. I’ve only ridden with it locally and can’t really fault it. Certainly better than my original idea of buying an OMM rack and RAP axle.

Speeder

You do know that the chain moves if you simply rotate the wheel backwards, right? AND you can rotate the transmission with your left and drop the lube into the inside of the chain with the right when on the stand so it’s ergonomic (for righties at least).

Saves £20.

OR does that mot happen on an eBike? Hadn’t thought of that detail.  If so, now I don’t want one. Unless it’s a Nicolai Saturn. . . .

Kramer
    Free Member

@MadBillMcMad I’m getting the train to Aberdeen, then we’re riding up to Ballater for three days mountain biking with my buddies, then riding back down again on the fifth day. It’ll give me an idea of how feasible the Traws Eryri and Great North Trail are going to be?

tall_martin

I subscribe to the magazine and through that grinder is possibly my favourite bit.

I does make me question my print subscription if my favourite bit it’s on here before the magazine has got to me

Mark

All magazine content is locked off and only visible to full members, but if downgrading to digital only works for you then that’s cool. We have priced our subs so that we net the same from each type so the right package for us is the right one for you.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dark Sky Tech Weather App – you can follow the Apple / Google link

Thank mate, probably worth adding to the article if any STW are reading this.

mandog

Does that weather app tell you how much rain an area has had in the preceding 2:weeks?

That would be useful to know if you are traveling to an area and want to know what the likely ground conditions are going to be even if the day you ride is not raining.

MadBillMcMad

First real test of the aeroe rack. A slightly reduced Calder divide over two nights. I had two side pods keeping them as light as possible, putting heavy stuff in a role under the bars.

Very pleased. Everything rock solid. I did double bag one of the bags as it had my sleeping gear in that I really didn’t want getting wet.

I used the basic alpkit 13litre airlok bags that only have one entry point.

scotroutes

Yeah – those are a good fit and the strapping loops are in the right place.
    PXL_20240219_100355531

Northwind

First impressions of the app not great, every prediction it’s made so far has been confidently wrong but I’ll give it a chance.

el_boufador

Yeah the aeroe racks are great if you want something with more space than a seat pack but still want to retain off road capability. Spendy though (I bought one off the CRC fire sale for about £20!)

You can also use one of the feet and a cradle to turn it into a very stable front roll mount, attached to your bars.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.