Home Forums News The Bossnut is back! Calibre’s bargain bouncer goes 29

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The Bossnut is back! Calibre’s bargain bouncer goes 29
  • Ben_Haworth

After a total of five incarnations as a 27.5in bike, the new Calibre Bossnut rolls out on 29in wheels front and rear. And a bit more travel to boot. 2 …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

The Bossnut is back! Calibre’s bargain bouncer goes 29

chakaping

That looks really impressive, great all-round trail bike geometry and very upgradeable.

Is the front (where the top tube/downtube are joined) just particularly minging on the XL?

a11y

Is the front (where the top tube/downtube are joined) just particularly minging on the XL?

That bit alone spoils the whole aesthetic of the bike for me. Otherwise, quite an appealing package. Possibly the type of thing for mini a11ys in future if I don’t go secondhand.

chakaping

It does look much less offensive in the smaller sizes.

All of this for just £1,500? Calibre’s Bossnut is back, with more travel, bigger wheels and a higher quality frame

Nice video and chat with the designer there too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Presumably a necessity to get the middle of the down tube steep enough to create space to squeeze the bottle in there at the back and allow the fork to compress at the front?

wheelsonfire1

I really like the look of that, I’d heard rumours for months of a new design and I may have been tempted with it for my first full suspension but went for a fatbike. It’s the price that I think we should be expected to pay for a decent bike. Sensible. If anyone wants to lend me one to test around The Peak District, send me a message!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.