Home Forums Chat Forum The best sound in the world ever….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • The best sound in the world ever….
  • samuri
    Free Member

Nothing at all apart from the agonised screaming from my own tortured psyche.

hugor
    Free Member

a football stadium in full voice

i like the deep guttural gollllllllllllllllllllllllll that you get at spanish grounds when they score, that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I am always so impressed with the Welsh national anthem at the Millenium stadium. Its such a powerful, passsionate anthem and when the roof is closed the sound is amplified. Truely breathtaking for me and I’m not Welsh.

spandex_bob

Thunder. From the sky-ripping bit at the start to the last rumbles bouncing off the mountains. Epic.

A grid of 917’s belting up the pit straight between the grandstands at Le Mans, and a handfull of GT40’s, Lola T70’s and daytona coupes at full chat through the forest a couple of yards from the catch fence just after the end of mulsanne.

Whistle of a camping kettle on a big old camping gaz stove. And the hiss of a tilley lamp.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Paul Kossoff, Randy Rhoads, Gary Moore, Alex Lifeson, Angus Young, Peter Green, Tommi Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Doug Aldrich, My daughter’s laughter and the words ‘day off’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The singing at the Millennium, I agree. Breathtaking.

Merlin, Vulcan and Lightning? Oh yes….! (Always remember that they had to stop the Vulcan party trick at Finningley of a full throttle climb from low level, standing on the tail and roaring up…. It was ripping the runway apart!)

And, the simple sounds of nature. A trickling stream in the woods, birdsong in the trees, etc. Love it.

khani
    Free Member

The wails of despair from my crushed enemies women, and the sound of rain when I’m in bed…

emsz
    Free Member

Rain on a caravan roof. Went on holiday to Norfolk when I was about 10, snuggled into my sleeping bag, only sound was this gentle drumming, dad made me toast and tea, I was just so content…

Opening bars of a song (any song) that you so want a band to play when your at a gig..

+1 princejohn though :oops:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rain on a caravan roof. Went on holiday to Norfolk when I was about 10, snuggled into my sleeping bag, only sound was this gentle drumming, dad made me toast and tea, I was just so content…

Ooooh, can I add another then? The sound of a storm lashing at a tent in the mountains. I remember camping out in the wilds somewhere North West of BYC some years back as a storm hit. Battened down the hatches (Terra Nova Quasar) and just listened. That smug feeling of being safe, warm and dry with the ever so slight sense of “what if….” that comes from knowing how little is between you and the elements.

zippykona

Waves on the beach is probably best but honourable mentions for kettle going on and Triumph Trident.

slimjim78
    Free Member

are you guys for real? so much testosterone in the room..

Gorehound
    Free Member

Rockabilly radio. Nuff said.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And my tuppence worth:

The pop of a mushroom stalk being snapped off.

:-)

Edric64
    Free Member

Honda 6 cylinder 250 sounds awesome

cheekyboy
    Free Member

A Gardner 6LW on tick over

Cougar

The B&M howl.

grievoustim
    Free Member

A telecaster played through a deluxe reverb

philconsequence
    Free Member

nature… waves, thunder, rain, silence, babies laughing, trees falling, leaves rustling, puppies playing, waterfalls, whales singing in the ocean, birdsong….

then the sound of my tyres crashing though it all :twisted:

grum
    Free Member

The wails of despair from my crushed enemies women

“Conan! What is best in life?” “To crush your enemies — See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!”

Zulu 11 has to win the prize for apparently being the most ridiculously cliched macho man in the world. He loves guns, chainsaws and fighter planes, but hey he has a sensitive side too. :lol:

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

:lol:

cynic-al
    Free Member

A road or touring bike on tarmac.

The silence you get when bunnyhopping with a tail wind.

DezB
    Free Member

Andy Gill making his guitar scream in pain.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

My family laughing :)

My Triumph Daytona at 9000 via a Scorpion can :) Sadly I sold her yesterday :( I WILL get another one day……..

_tom_
    Free Member

An open A chord on a Les Paul through a loud British-voiced amp.

Squidlord
    Free Member

This – at about 5-6pm on a Friday

stevewhyte
    Free Member

The sound of the school bell at the end of the day!!

montylikesbeer

Standing on Pennines moors with the wind rattling around you, its what brought me to Rossendale

maccruiskeen

Oyster Catchers at night

_tom_
    Free Member

Loud freehubs.

headfirst
    Free Member

The sound of waves on the beach

yes,but more so the muffled boom of big waves breaking which you can hear before you get to the beach/ over the dunes for a surf- the anticipation mixed with trepidation (how big are they??!)is ace…

Loud freehubs.

I just don’t get this…I love to ‘run silent’ on a bike.

donsimon
    Free Member

My own heartbeat. It’s just kind of reassuring to hear it…

fasthaggis

Oyster Catchers at night

good call

The sound of the garden gate closing,home.

My son playing guitar .

The music that stops me in my tracks ,and time travels me back.

At night,camping near signpost corner ( IOM ),and hearing all the wannabees giving it a go .

Klunk
    Free Member

open e on my sg2000, marshall jmp 100 watt preamp to 11

CountZero

Ahh, the Vulcan standing on its tail party piece; wonderful to behold.
    Curlew’s, definitely, rain on the roof on a stormy night, and ear splitting thunder a fraction of a second after the lightning.
    Had that happen so close one night as I was watching out of my bedroom window that the air crackled around me like touching an old CRT tv tube, and my hair stood on end! Actually struck a house around 100 yds away 8O Scary close.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Randy Crawford singing “A Rainy Night in Georgia”

Cicadas on a warm night somewhere sunny

The whooshing/whirring noise a really good set of road bike wheels make when at speed

A V8 engine

The sound of complete silence- its so rare

donsimon
    Free Member

Crickets.

zokes
    Free Member

No way. not motherfrigging sodding noisy bastard crickets. Especially not right outside your window at 3am.

However, the sound of a sweetly-struck cricket ball, especially when you’re the one holding the bat – that’s a nice noise…

donsimon
    Free Member

Not many crickets in the UK because it’s too bloody cold!!!

chipsngravy
    Free Member

500cc 2 stroke mx race

highclimber
    Free Member

0:39 secs in:

cheburashka
    Free Member

“…Aguerroooooooah!!!!!”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘The best sound in the world ever….’ is closed to new replies.