• This topic has 884 replies, 162 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 885 total)
  • The All Night Election Results Thread
  • mefty
    Free Member

Hartlepool recount between UKIP and Labour, Labour are dying out there.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Interesting, The people I know in Scotland all vote (or want to) for the SNP despite the independence angle, rather than because of it…

Not very representative, just a handful… As someone you quite fancies moving to Scotland if ever the opportunity arises, it would likely reflect my position – I do think they’re done great things for Scotland.

EDIT Hartlepool? wow…

mefty
    Free Member

Stoner may win his bet, majority a very distinct possibility

unklehomered
    Free Member

Stoner may win his bet, majority a very distinct possibility

Looks like I picked the wrong night to quit sniffing glue…

mefty
    Free Member

Still on the margins

CaptJon
    Free Member

binners – Member
    How the **** is any parliament going to issue dictats from Westminster to a Scotland with blanket SNP. MP’s?

Good luck with that

Happens with Northern Ireland

mikewsmith
    Free Member

unklehomered – Member
    Interesting, The people I know in Scotland all vote (or want to) for the SNP despite the independence angle, rather than because of it…

Think I said this a few days ago, now independence has been put to bed the SnP can be a political party, nationalist may need to be removed from the name.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Looks like I picked the wrong night to quit sniffing glue…

😆

aracer
    Free Member

Labour have a problem. As predicted by some on here – but seemingly ignored by the leadership as well as some Labour fanbois on here – they’re having to fight on multiple fronts. Scotland where they’re seen as too Westminster, traditional swing seats in England where they’d likely lose seats to the Tories if they moved left, some of their traditional strong seats where UKIP is a threat. Difficult for them to position themselves in such a way to head off all those threats when saddled with an unpopular leader.

It will be very different next time though.

chewkw
    Free Member

SprocketJockey – Member
    Why?

More excitement … 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Basic issues for Labour

They have die hards who will not vote for anyone else. These do not cover enough people to get a majority.
    If they can attract more votes from the center the die hards outside of scotland will still vote for them.

So moving to the center is the only way for the Labour party to gain power?

On Sturgeon’s last chat with the press she has ruled out working with anyone other than labour but says any government without them has not legitimacy in Scotland, perhaps if she wants an influence she should work with those that can form a government.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

**** off Scotland phenomenon responsible for the English swing to the right then?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYuCvuQmrw[/video]

😆

mefty
    Free Member

Wales swinging to Tories, Gower may fall

dazh

It will be very different next time though.

Will it? What will change between now and then? Things will be even more polarised, the union may not even exist by then, and labour will still find themselves stuck between different groups of vastly different voters. If something doesn’t radically change then they will become irrelevant and the UK will be fragmented between different political factions. Dangerous times I think.

aracer
    Free Member

Exactly 30,000 votes? Fix!

mefty
    Free Member

Reports of more potential gains in the Midlands for the Tories, the drinks may be on Stoner.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

With the loss of Scotland I don’t think I will see a Labour government in England again during my lifetime or at least until the 2030s. We will become more polarized.

mefty
    Free Member

The SNP position is they have built their position on saying what right what do they have to tell us what to do: the Tories have said you don’t have the right to tell us what to do either. They have reaped what they have sowed but may not be upset by that. Cameron needs to address which he will.

thejesmonddingo

I’m just starting a wake for the sad death of the Liberal-Democratic Party,I hope Nick feels he did a good job,going into the coalition.I’m drinking Metaxa,which feels appropriate somehow.

irc

Cheerio wee Dougie Alexander!!!!

chewkw
    Free Member

irc – Member

Cheerio wee Dougie Alexander!!!!

Losing to a 20 yr old … 😆

Freeddddommmm!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

LOL beaten by a 20 year old student as well!

bencooper
    Free Member

Good grief. They’re going to need a bigger swingometer. Right, I’m going to stay up for Murphy then off to bed.

grum
    Free Member

Fear and greed win the day. Bollocks.

Looking at property in Scotland…

thejesmonddingo

Looks like I’m having one for the Scottish Labour Party too.

aracer
    Free Member

Shouldn’t she be revising?

chewkw
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Tom_W1987 » LOL beaten by a 20 year old student as well!

Shouldn’t she be revising? [/quote]

She has a career now … a career politician … 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Revision?

What the **** is that? She’s an undergrad! 😆

bencooper
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 » LOL beaten by a 20 year old student as well!
    Shouldn’t she be revising?

Beating Labour’s chief election strategist is probably good for a few exam credits 😀

irc

SNP vote up 38% in Glenrothes.

chewkw
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    Beating Labour’s chief election strategist is probably good for a few exam credits

😯 He is/was Labour chief election strategist! 😆 😆 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I never thought I’d say this, but….bring back

please….anything but Gove and Cameron…..a war criminal is better than Cameron.

unklehomered
    Free Member

louise mensch on channel4, spoiling it a bit to be honest…

unklehomered
    Free Member

@Tom

That bad?

mefty
    Free Member

Tory gain colchester from LibDem

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That bad?

**** yes, Blair and Mandleson were evil in an in your face way.

I prefer that.

Besides, I think the Blairites are right. Labour can’t win without moving to the right, at least on the surface.

chewkw
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

@Tom

That bad?

**** yes, Blair and Mandleson were evil in an in your face way.

I prefer that. [/quote]

It must be desperation now … 😯

binners

Whoever ends up nominally ‘in power’, this is going to be chaos! A Tory government can’t possibly have any legitimacy if Dave applies his own rules about democratic accountability, that he’s been spouting for weeks

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Besides, we were cool under Blair.

Is Britain cool under Cameron?

**** no

That’s why come 2020, vote nu-labour. Get Britains mojo back, bring back britpop and invade a few countries. What’s not to like?

mefty
    Free Member

Binners: Burnley is a gain, first one, I will be buying black pudding from dudley

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘The All Night Election Results Thread’ is closed to new replies.