• This topic has 884 replies, 162 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 885 total)
  • The All Night Election Results Thread
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of the actual depressing stats so far is the turnout south of the border,still stuff in the 50-65% band. I guess people really don’t care.

dazh

So WTF is Cameron going to do with Scotland now? It’s going to be a bit of a headache. There’s no way he can carry on as normal. Quite astounding really. I never ever thought I’d see a revolution in this country in my lifetime but this is not far from it.

bencooper
    Free Member

Indeed. I’m very conflicted about this – very pleased the way Scotland is going, but we’re still going to get a Tory government..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Please, is a Blair return a possibility?

Please, please, please god….pretty please….anything….

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11520494/David-Cameron-has-most-to-fear-from-the-return-of-Tony-Blair-the-apex-predator.html

mefty
    Free Member

A gain from Labour in Clwyd for Tories, Labour losing in Wales

unklehomered
    Free Member

Besides, we were cool under Blair.

Is Britain cool under Cameron?

**** no

but… no cos….

hmmm…. 😕

mefty
    Free Member

Tories have won no 1 target labour seat

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Viva la revolution. 😀

Better Together played a dangerous game during the referendum and now it’s starting to come back and bite them. The end of the union is getting closer.

Cheerio Jim Murphy.

bencooper
    Free Member

And Murphy is out 😀

mefty
    Free Member

These Portillo moments are coming along like London buses

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wanmankylung – Member
    Viva la revolution.

Better Together played a dangerous game during the referendum and now it’s starting to come back and bite them. The end of the union is getting closer.
    Or are the SNP getting votes despite their Nationalist policy? Remember Scotland voted not to be independent it was in the news a bit.

mefty
    Free Member

Sporting index 1 short of an effective Tory majority

chewkw
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

Indeed. I’m very conflicted about this – very pleased the way Scotland is going, but we’re still going to get a Tory government..

Patience my love, patience (Sméagol’s talking not me) … soon you will be free.

Freeeeeddddoommm!

😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Or are the SNP getting votes despite their Nationalist policy?

We’ll soon find out.

dazh

Weak Tory govt + 100% SNP Scotland = independent Scotland

I don’t really see how the tories can resist whatever the SNP ask for. The referendum vote is irrelevant given the size of the SNP victory. The numbers will speak for themselves. The question is whether Cameron will now be held accountable for splitting the union as he would have been if they’d lost the referendum.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, that’s it… I’m **** moving to Scotland so I can get a Scott passport.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Margaret Curran = Cheerio. 😀

timidwheeler

New Statesman reporting Miliband to resign in the morning.

chewkw
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

Well, that’s it… I’m **** moving to Scotland so I can get a Scott passport.

You shall not paaaassssss! (said Gandalf the grey) 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t really see how the tories can resist whatever the SNP ask for. The referendum vote is irrelevant given the size of the SNP victory.

Amazingly it doesn’t work like that, predictions say that the SNP will get around 50% of the vote so a little up on the referendum but this was a vote for MP’s not independence and also that about 50% didn’t vote for them. Perhaps it’s just that the Scots don’t want Labour and think that the SNP will deliver better MP’s for them. If the question was do you want independence then maybe you would have a point.

chewkw
    Free Member

timidwheeler – Member

The next Labour leader will be Chuka Umunna (or one of the Balls) with his large increase in majority … ya, go on let him be the next leader … let him agitate the tits out of everyone. 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Good, he’s made me genuinely wish for the return of Blair.

Milliband needs to be metaphorically shot at dawn for this.

The next Labour leader will be Chuka Umunna

Yeah, can’t see that swinging over some conservative voters. UK politics will invariably degrade to “Obama Bin Biden” type comments.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m enjoying a more relaxed Paxman (when not reading a script).

Increasingly possible tories sneak a majority.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i must admit that while im not pro nationalist its good to see the swing to yellow across scotland. – at last count by me 9 out of 12 seats were taken out of labours hands up here – the other 3 were already SNP.

At least they have some bollocks to do something about what they believe in instead of just trying to maintain status quo and votes……

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

http://fivethirtyeight.com/liveblogs/uk-general-election-2015/

Interesting blog run by a yank statistician.

That would give some people confidence that the final polls were right, but I wondered aloud on Twitter today whether the pollsters were herding together, meaning some pollsters were pushing their polls toward the average. The polls seemed to converge rapidly in the final days of the campaign. Take a look at this local regression of the average Conservative lead by day and the standard deviation around those results:

chewkw
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

The next Labour leader will be Chuka Umunna

Yeah, can’t see that swinging over some conservative voters. UK politics will invariably degrade to “Obama Bin Biden” type comments. [/quote]

😆 That’s good! Very good!

mefty
    Free Member

Maybe be difficult to find 10 Lib Dems

binners

They’ve lost all their scottish seats to a more left wing party. They’ve kept their Northern seats because they’d vote a baboons arse with a labour rosette in. Because there isn’t an alternative. Yet! Made no gains against the Tories as they’re perceived as too left wing

The Labour Party really is ****ed!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Vince Cable by no way guaranteed to keep his seat…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oops Galloway reported to the police for tweeting an exit pole. Ready for a return to celebrity big brother?

mefty
    Free Member

These were the guys who predicted over 300 tory seats yesterday

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is this the moment?

MoreCashThanDash

Really didn’t expect the Tories to do so well. Labour could well implode for a few months after this weak showing south of the border.

Feel a bit sorry for the Lib Dems being made the whipping boys for the coalition.

UKIP appear to have not quite made it anywhere. Suspect that is where the missing Labour voters have slipped away to.

chewkw
    Free Member

binners – Member
    They’ve kept their Northern seats because they’d vote a baboons arse with a labour rosette in.

Easy, easy … if you said that in the NE they will hang you like they hung that monkey long time ago … 😆 (I was told that they once hung a monkey from shipwreck thinking that the monkey was a spy coz they never seen a monkey before)

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    UKIP appear to have not quite made it anywhere. Suspect that is where the missing Labour voters have slipped away to.

Yes, a disappointment indeed so perhaps that will change in future …

wanmankylung
    Free Member

That’s the whitewash off the cards. Carmichael won in the Northern Isles.

MoreCashThanDash

tbf, he’s nearer Oslo than westminster

chewkw
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

tbf, he’s nearer Oslo than westminster

They have been governed by proxy … 😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

Shit Sticks. Boris to win…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and Simon Hughes goes, bad night for the Lib Dems, Nick and Ed off to sign on next week?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Salmond is back. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘The All Night Election Results Thread’ is closed to new replies.