• This topic has 884 replies, 162 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 885 total)
  • The All Night Election Results Thread
  • aracer
    Free Member

Labour almost missed the party in Swindon. I wonder how telling that is.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It takes some nerve to go on national television and describe the tory campaign as being “positive”.

mefty
    Free Member

Clegg is safe, Tories voters will have saved him – most Tories think it would be the most important win

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Night all, still can’t help feeling that the actual picture may turn out different in the morning, can’t face any more now though.

camo16
    Free Member

Clegg is safe, Tories voters will have saved him – most Tories think it would be the most important win

Bugger. That was going to be one for the highlight reel.

mefty
    Free Member

Wow Swindon swings away from Labour

mefty
    Free Member

ITV reporting Farage has lost

unklehomered
    Free Member

David Mitchell is doing a phone in… I’m through the looking glass right now…

More Whiskey, and then probably coffee.

seosamh77
    Free Member

rumours that stw’s favourite politician has won! 😆 arise Alex Salmond MP! 😆

camo16
    Free Member

It bothers me that I needed the news to remind me that I don’t know where the hell Swindon is…

* heads off to Google maps and hopes things get a little more interesting soon *

aracer
    Free Member

UKIP last (of proper parties) in Putney, result!

mefty
    Free Member

Salmond has won = lots of sources, LD conceded

welshfarmer
    molgrips
    Free Member

Robinson saying how amazing it would be if Ed has done worse than Gordon.. Not really when you consider UKIP…

bencooper
    Free Member

Rumours from Labour that all of Glasgow has gone to the SNP.

chambord
    Free Member

I don’t really know how this works, so forgive my ignorance, but given what has happened to the lib dems tonight (If exit poll is to be believed), why on earth would any other party go in to coalition with the tories again?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Has Farage lost in Thanet?

binners

Justine greening making a really inspiring speech

*yawns*

Well it looks like Ed has done a great job. Less popular than Gordon Brown? That’s some achievement!

I’m just off for a walk. I may be some time…..

mefty
    Free Member

Yes (farage losing)

bencooper
    Free Member

Also looking like Jim Murphy is out.

bencooper
    Free Member

Terrifying how right-wing England has gone, however.

unklehomered
    Free Member

@binners genuine LOL…

in other news

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29RKnB7l7o[/video]

binners

How the **** is any parliament going to issue dictats from Westminster to a Scotland with blanket SNP. MP’s?

Good luck with that

camo16
    Free Member

😀 @ Binners

Been wondering how you’re coping with that darned exit poll…

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Or the North which will be predominantly labour. Or Wales and NI for that matter….

I think the UK may well be screwed.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Are we seeing Balkanisation/Americanisation of UK politics?

chewkw
    Free Member

I want to see some Labour heavy weights losing their seats … 😆

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Why?

binners

Naaaah … Just north/south divide innit?

Actually … The South east/everywhere else divide.

Everyone’s been talking about scots nationalism. Bollocks. Independence for the South East of Engerland!!!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Milliband Googlebox on Ch 4 now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Throwing in the towel. Night folks.

camo16
    Free Member

Bah, lightweight! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Far closer to Cardiff than London here, and solidly Tory (looking at the results coming in, likely to be a huge Tory majority, though probably Labour in second – the Labour candidate has actually had the best campaign – which is unusual)

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Recount at Bradford West. Gorgeous George could be in trouble.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yes George, they do…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik[/video]

dazh

Well I said I was going to bed when it was clear what was happening. Never imagined I’d be going to bed before 2am!

Seems to me the message is pretty clear. Both labour and the libdems have suffered from their alignment to the tories either directly in the libdems case or indirectly in labour’s case. The libdems have lost votes to the tories, if there’s no diffference people may as well vote for the real thing. Labour have lost votes to the SNP, UKIP and greens, if they’re not different enough people will vote for alternatives. Maybe this election is evidence that parties should stick to their core principles and not try to ape other parties in pursuit of power? Having said that though, the BBC are already trotting out the line that labour aren’t centrist enough. I fail to see how that’s the case seeing as most of the damage has been done in Scotland.

TiRed

How the **** is any parliament going to issue dictats from Westminster to a Scotland with blanket SNP. MP’s?

Should be quite easy for English ConDems or even ConDUPs to issue dictats to the rebels up North. Off to bed…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Marr saying that he thinks Cameron may be the last British Prime Minister, sees the break up of the Union. Commentator saying that the campaign has be run in a negative fashion that looked to blame different demographics (eg scotland) and the unionist parties have failed in Scotland.

Yup, Balkanisation.

grum
    Free Member

Meh.

mefty
    Free Member

PA report Walsall, Labour loss to Tory, Labour Balkan getting smaller.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘The All Night Election Results Thread’ is closed to new replies.