• This topic has 884 replies, 162 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 885 total)
  • The All Night Election Results Thread
  • igm

Calder Valley predicted as Tory at the moment.

Is that not STW heartland?

[shakes head]

outofbreath
    Free Member

Farage/UKIP was the reason the Blue party offered a referendum.

If Cameron had won a proper majority that referendum might have happened.

It’s just possible that referendum would have gone Farage’s way.

Farage could have bowed out at that point with his entire political ambition realized. How many politicians in history have achieved *everything* they wanted?

He got very, very close and deserves credit for that.

chewkw
    Free Member

johnnystorm – Member

No, no, not PM but rather to win the seat he is standing for. A step at a time.

You have to bear in mind the country/people is still not ready for massive change for generations to come …

No, I still stand by my original comment. I wouldn’t want him having the slightest bit of say in how the country was run. If nothing else he exists to remind how many idiots I share this island with and that an influx of immigrants who are different to them would be no bad thing. [/quote]

Well, no harm to me as I am an alien but I just feel sorry for the locals …

mefty
    Free Member

Sorry got Farron’s seat wrong he should be safe

kimbers

Impressive results for ukip, 2nd ahead of the Tories in 2 northern counts so far, not good for labour there

Though if farige looses in s Thanet they may be in trouble

scotroutes

The colour of the country so far

zigzag69
    Free Member

😀 Brilliant

lemonysam
    Free Member

Andrew Neil saying there’s been no “green surge” – the polling seems to suggest a several hundred percent increase in their vote share so that seems pretty harsh.

dazh

Calder Valley predicted as Tory at the moment.

Is that not STW heartland?

Have you ever been to Calderdale? Apart from the BBC-bohemian-hippy cabal in Hebden it’s all farmers and white working class racists 🙂

igm

Lemonysam – be fair I said 5-10 and I don’t think he’s being an idiot with a pistol invalidates my point.

mefty
    Free Member

Reckless won’t win, Clacton and Thurrock are the favourites for UKIP.

rone

I hate Andrew Neil, he’s a Paxman parody. He interviews like a negative robot with a clown face.

Dimblers is a class act though.

wiggles
    Free Member

Can you explain to me what Scotland would achieve by having Labour MPs?

Having a government not run by the conservatives.

camo16
    Free Member

3 ports down. 😳 Am I officially a gout risk?

EDIT: they were quite large ports.

igm

Dazh – I was through Hebden Bridge on Sunday. Seemed full of folks in tight lycra. 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Please may Galloway lose.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Only three bottles????

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

…..well I doubt the margin of error is so great that we will see a Labour coalition being formed.

Bargh.

Good for me in a way though as the cons are going to fund post grad study properly from 2016.

rone

3 ports down. Am I officially a gout risk?

EDIT: they were quite large ports.

I’m on four man!

camo16
    Free Member

felt like more 😳

@ rone, cool, number 4 it is then!

Northwind

wiggles – Member

Can someone explain to me what Scotland are going to achieve by only having SNP MP’s?

They have made it so the cons will have control of the next parliament

If the exit polls are right, then you are not.

Hoping to **** they are not, obviously.

scotroutes

[/quote]Still not getting it are you? Based on those exit polls, Labour still wouldn’t have a majority even if everyone in Scotland voted for them.

bencooper
    Free Member

Can you explain to me what Scotland would achieve by having Labour MPs?

Assuming we’re looking at the exit polls, then it’s not our fault. Even if every seat in Scotland was Labour, the Tories would still win.

dazh

Seemed full of folks in tight lycra.

And just how do you think middle aged men on 7000 quid bikes vote? 😀

igm

And just how do you think middle aged men on 7000 quid bikes vote?

Judging by myself…

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ll wait and see but I think the real result will be a lot closer.

I’m not blaming Scotland for labour not winning. I don’t especially support labour just hoped there would be a change in pm.

chewkw
    Free Member

I want to see landslide for SNP in Scotland … Freeeedoommmm! 😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Lol at Calder Valley comments. The pub I was in the other day was a bit like that…. UKIP voters, at a guess.

I thought the conservative candidate has a passed conviction for violence? Anyway he’s got too many posters up. In Hebden the boat-dwellers seemed to be planning on voting Green, but they are the minority.

Right, that’s it, im going to bed.

I hope I don’t wake up to….. Well, you know!

dazh

it’s not our fault

Even if labour’s collapse in Scotland is decisive, which I think it will be, the only fault is their own for abandoning their principles and turning themselves into the tory party. I’m arguing with someone on facebook ATM who thinks the labour party should go more to the right! Where Scotland leads, the north of England won’t be far behind. Labour will be irrelevant within 10 years if it doesn’t get a grip.

igm

SNP take Sunderland Central?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Assuming we’re looking at the exit polls, then it’s not our fault. Even if every seat in Scotland was Labour, the Tories would still win.

Except the threat of the SNP forcing Labour to pile on more debt was probably a big motivation to vote Tory.

I suspect if the polls had shown Labour with 50 Scottish seats in the bag far less people would have voted Tory and far more would have voted Labour.

It seems clear to me that the rise of the SNP has saved the Tories, who were nearly killed off by UKIP.

slowoldman

Andrew Neil saying there’s been no “green surge” – the polling seems to suggest a several hundred percent increase in their vote share so that seems pretty harsh.

Well you have to bear in mind Andrew Neil is an arse.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Peston, nooooo….where is Flanders when you need her.

lemonysam
    Free Member

As soon as it cuts to NBH my mind switches to W1A.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well Nats was much more sensible talking about the tremendous success in doubling votes!!!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Well you have to bear in mind Andrew Neil is an arse.

A good point.

bencooper
    Free Member

Except the threat of the SNP forcing Labour to pile on more debt was probably a big motivation to vote Tory.

So it’s Scotland’s fault for scaring the English into voting Tory?

Rubbish. This election, like most of them, is won or lost in England.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

As an aside, just how much is it acceptable to drink on an election night…which is also a school night? I’m on my 3rd large glass of red already and eyeing up the whisky bottle.

dazh

just how much is it acceptable to drink on an election night,

Bottle of wine and two bottles of real ale so far. Got another ale left, then it’s the gin. Not looking good for work tomorrow.

camo16
    Free Member

As an aside, just how much is it acceptable to drink on an election night…which is also a school night? I’m on my 3rd large glass of red already and eyeing up the whisky bottle.

Election nights don’t have an ‘acceptable’ limit. As long as you can hear the alarm clock tomorrow morning you’re good to go.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘The All Night Election Results Thread’ is closed to new replies.