Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 365 total)
  • The 2019 XC Racing thread.
  • bettyswollocks
    Free Member

Anyone racing in the North East? Been converted to Road/TT and CX for the last few years but fancy getting back to mountain biking. Seen a good number of events at Kielder but no a lot else?

Jonba – Check out the NEXCMTB series. It kicks off in April through to July with various venues in the North East. There’s usually a good turn out and quite competitive. Have a look on Facebook or they’ve got a website for info, just don’t expect it to be kept up to date!

2tyred

Anyone racing in the North East? Been converted to Road/TT and CX for the last few years but fancy getting back to mountain biking. Seen a good number of events at Kielder but no a lot else?

If you drive a little further north there’ll be Scottish national XC rounds not that far away – Dalbeattie forest on March 31 and Glentress forest on September 1.

In between those, there’s another four rounds, all of which are GUARANTEED AMAZING.

Guaranteed.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hi.
    Every now and again I get an urge to enter a xc race, but never find anything in t’ north west of England or north Wales.
    Everything seems to be Scotland or dahn sarf.

Having just blown 2250 On a lovely shiny semi carbon giant anthem I really really need to put it to good use.

Where can I find some races near Manc ( Have entered HTN)

PS I’m a complete punter, so something with other punters preferred.

Super

mick_r

Midweek Madness and Crank-it in NW England. Provisional dates and venues are floating about so should be public soon.

Plus some good local challenge events like Sam Houghton and Dean Barwick in South Lakes.

twowheels
    Free Member

Beastway series entry just went live. I took the plunge despite being rather inexperienced. It feels a big chunk of cash for riding round a field in Redbridge but hopefully it will motivate me to get fitter!

Kryton57

Beastways a good event,totally voluntary and there’s a great buzz about racing on a Wednesday evening and sitting in the sun with a cold coke and nettle rash after. But wow, 10 races with first and last being Regional B on Saturdays.

Better get Jnr entered and ask my Coach if I’m allowed to have a bash.

twowheels
    Free Member

Not sure I’ll make it every week! If I race hard, even for an hour I’ll have to take it easy the rest of the week 🙂

I also entered the Cannock national series race (only fun).

twowheels
    Free Member

[deleted, meant to post on weeksy’s XC race bike thread]

Kryton57

Permission to partake in Beastway granted – as long as I treat them as training races, not competitive, not driven to results, pulling out if any issues occur.

I won’t be able to do all of them but those that remain will be race intervals / sharpeners in my plan. Whoop…

twowheels
    Free Member

Man sounds as though having a coach is like a second wife 🙂 [/ partner to avoid being discriminatory]. Any way good to have some other STWers there

I ordered Racing Ralph instead of Barzo (was pleased with Nobby Nic on Mount Vision before so thought I’d stick with the family)

weeksy

You guys all ready for gorrick at the weekend?

Sad to not be riding.

ayjaydoubleyou

Are there any summer evening races in the home counties? Those beastway races (edit – and the summer cross) look awesome but getting into London for a 7pm race is not possible for me.

windyg
    Free Member

My racing season starts this w/end, 6 man team off to Lanzarote for the Club La Santa 4stage Marathon

bigdaddy

I’ll be back for more brass monkeys on Sunday, assuming my back has settled – really annoyingly pulled muscles playing football in the park 🙄. Looking forward to more Gorrick course loveliness

twowheels
    Free Member

I can’t make this Gorrick 🙁 I’m currently free for Crowthorne but trains are cancelled. Tempted by Hell of the Ashdown (road) anyway, as I’ve heard it’s a good event.

@ayjaydoubleyou
    – whereabouts are you? Friday Night Summer Series http://fnssmtb.com/ isn’t exactly home counties but some are doable from north London if you have a car. I might do some of the Midlands-ish train-accessible ones.

Kryton57

I’ll be at the Gorrick again having just completed another Vo2max block.

Now I have a cold.

Guess that means I’ll be tired and ill on Sunday. See you at the back…

weeksy

Lol your version of back and your version of sick would still beat my best day.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’m oot. Squiffy knee…

mccraque

I’ll be there, trundling along midpack.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Bloody love Minley, but I’ve got to work

Gooooood luck everyone!

mccraque

does anyone know how it is holding up at the moment? Still nice and dry or did the deluge of the weekend make it heavier?

iain65
    Free Member

I’ll be at the Gorrick this weekend, missed the last one due to a throat infection. Hoping the weather will be okay, had enough cold and wet marathon’s last year to last me a lifetime.

Marathon champs are back in IoM next year, same course, same high costs to get there, hopefully not the same weather or disaster travelling over there when all the ferries were canceled. Not very happy about this decision but pretty hard to find an organiser or course for that type of event. On a positive side, the organisers for the event are great, incredibly helpful during all the trouble last year.

Anyone else heading over this year? Padkinson?

Kryton57

What date is the Marathon Champs on Iain65?

iain65
    Free Member

Last weekend in July, 28th I think. It’s the weekend after the National XC Champs as per the last few years.

gigawhat
    Free Member

Course for brass monkeys looks good from the FB photos:
    Brass Monkeys

I’ll be making up the numbers in the 2h 40+ category….

padkinson
    Free Member

Yep I’ll be heading out to the rock, for better or worse. Kind of hoping it’ll be even more grim than last year and I’ll pick up a medal, but on the other hand it’d be great to tempt some more of the big guns than the 4 or so quick lads that actually show up. Unfortunately (and no fault of Nigel and his team, they’re bloody great) that probably won’t happen while it’s on the IOM.

Yak

No Brass Monkey for me. Still got a cold since the last Brass Monkey that I bailed out of after 2 laps. Barely touched the bike in the meantime. Every year I say I’m going to do the lot and make it a good winter focus. Every year it disappears into snot. Rubbish.

iain65
    Free Member

Hopefully less throwing up on the boat over this year Padkinson! I Have the same view, the worse it is then the more likely hood of a good result, would prefer a bit of sunshine though this time!

ayjaydoubleyou

@ayjaydoubleyou – whereabouts are you? Friday Night Summer Series http://fnssmtb.com/ isn’t exactly home counties but some are doable from north London if you have a car. I might do some of the Midlands-ish train-accessible ones.

I work near Reading (with car, but miles from train stations). I was hoping with 3 different XC series, 2 (3 this year) different Enduro series and some ‘cross around here on weekends that there might be some evening racing too. I’m hardly in a position to complain though.

Kryton57

For the first time ever, I find myself considering wearing Longs for a race… brrr

windyg
    Free Member

Just got back from Lanzarote, what a great experience that was, real hard climbs, mixed terrain, high winds, had just about everything thrown in it. Real seat of the pants moments heading downhill over rocks with a side wind trying to push you of the side of the hill. All 6 of the team safely back with only a few cuts and bruises from the odd small off, tough on the bikes but they all held up really well with only one puncture between us all. Can’t wait until next year now.

Shame for you Paddy, wasn’t nice to see you head back so early on stage 4

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Anyone hear done the Cyprus Sunshine Cup? I can’t do it this year as I’ve tendonopathy, but I’d love to do it one year. Course looks excellent fun!

Stage 1 XC TT:

richardk
    Free Member

First round of Southern XC series entered. Trying the open category this time round, will see if i can step it up to Vets next time, or more likely head to the fun/beginner category 🙂

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

“Member
    First round of Southern XC series entered. Trying the open category this time round, will see if i can step it up to Vets next time, or more likely head to the fun/beginner category 🙂”

Welcome aboard Buddy, I’m one of the organisers so if you have any questions just shout.

The same goes to all of you joining/thinking of join us. I’m the tall gangly bald one who is usually between the registration tent and the timing trailer (and the ice cream van on warm days) so come and say Hi as it’s good to put faces to all the names on here.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Has anyone got any inside info on the Nutcracker series? Are dates likely to be forthcoming or is it likely to be off for the same reason as BMBS Dalby (felling??)

Now that BMBS Dalby is moved, apart from the SXC series, my nearest XC race (Cannock) is a 600mi round trip away!

mick_r

Yes the “National” series is rather southern. Two trips to the same venue, and two others clustered Essex / Norfolk is a bit pants.

Kuco

Is the FNSS still going? A fair few of them are pretty local (Northamptonshire) and fancy trying a couple.

twowheels
    Free Member

@kuco

Provisional dates & venues
    May:
    Fri 3rd Northants Outcasts @ Delapry Abbey
    Fri 10th CATS MBC @ Harrington Aerodrome Nr Draughton TBC
    Fri 17th Rockingham Forest Wheelers @ East Carlton Country Park
    Fri 24 Velo Wheels @ Stibbington Quarry
    Fri 31st Welland Valley CC @ Kilworth Springs Golf Club TBC
    June:
    Fri 7th Numplumz @ Wadenhoe Church
    Fri 14th Lloyds Cycles @ Venue TBC near Ashby De La Zouch
    Fri 21st (Mountain Mayhem Weekend)
    Fri 28th TREADS @ Delapry Abbey
    July:
    Fri 5th Team MK @ National Bowl
    Fri 12th CATS MBC @ (Spanhoe) TBC
    Fri 19th
    Fri 26th Rugby Velo @ CATESBY TBC
    August:
    Fri 2nd Dean Barnett & Muddy Marvels @ Marston Lodge
    Fri 9th Team Jewson @ Warwick Adventure
    Fri 16th BBQ & Handicap @ Kilworth Springs TBC
    Fri 23rd (Bank holiday weekend)

Kuco

Thanks, twowheels.

Guess I ought to sort out a bike for it. Don’t fancy doing it on a 170mm Enduro even for fun.

richardk
    Free Member

In the absence of Tide 2 Tide this year, this looks pretty good. 6hr race that can be entered as solo, pairs, or teams

TCC 360

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 365 total)

The topic ‘The 2019 XC Racing thread.’ is closed to new replies.