Viewing 5 posts - 361 through 365 (of 365 total)
  • The 2019 XC Racing thread.
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

if the season is over? (i don’t know if yours is?) shouldn’t sort of the next 4-6 weeks be downtime rather than training and sort of having fun and grabbing the last of the good weather out doors before the downward weather shift come the shorter days in October? (again, i don’t know the ins and outs of your life, but its its anything like mine sometimes then the turbo for an hour is the quickest option)

Kryton57

No I’m hammering the Gorrick Cool Marathon on the 13th, my choice.

Then I can relax for a month.

Kryton57

Well, a positive outcome.   In conversation with my coach we both feel its definitely end of season fatigue and maybe a hint of me fighting a virus/stress at work.

So, my plan to the Gorrick has been thinned out and I’m under instruction to not do anything if I feel tired with a view that there’s no point training hard with fatigue, its a road to nowhere.  And, he’s supplied plenty of data to show my improvements

With my other moans in mind, we’ve set an agenda going forward that every 8 weeks will be an focused “recovery” week with a 2min, 5min, 20min, and 1hr test in it to provide measurability for my ego.  Also, apparently in the big scheme of things I’m one of the most diligent applicants of my training plan on the books, a fact that he respects and has said “look, if you need to call me with things like this more that regular stated process just do it”.  Also dropping the sports drinks & carb heavy diet with some nutrition advice to help lose about 2kg before next March, meaning 4w/kg starts to look achievable.

As I’ve been told here before, must talk with my coach!

weeksy

Oh. Sad now.

Rubbish conclusion

Kryton57

Lol, for you maybe 😉  Its good for me to get this level of support, and I did say this was 3 year process for me.

I’ve still got a month off from October 15, so can play at Swinley, and with a total bike maintenance cost of £42 this year I’m doing well on materialist tendancys and don’t need a new bike.

However, as I’m Marathon racing on the Spark I’m still wondering about swapping my race HT to a P7/Vitus Sentier something similar for winter fun.  Maybe, but its cheaper to keep the race HT.  Lets not get into that. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 361 through 365 (of 365 total)

The topic ‘The 2019 XC Racing thread.’ is closed to new replies.