Viewing 18 posts - 201 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • That Sick Bicycle Co Pinion gearbox bike
  • dirkpitt74

That looks really good.

Not sure about the double oval though.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Looking forward to some real world feedback.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i will admit – that finished product does look good. Let us know how you get on.

goby

Ah that does look good! Yeah look forward to more feed back!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Looking forward to some real world feedback.

Tempted to enter/take it to the Day and Night.  Wouldn’t be fair to judge the bike on my performance though

Rubber_Buccaneer

This is the completed bike with some of my MEGA SACK goodies tarting it up further

Rubber_Buccaneer

This side shows all the cabling

scottfitz
    Free Member

The Day & Night Enduro is my favourite race I organise, followed closely by the Southern Enduro Champs

teethgrinder

That is lush.  Some of their stuff on FB and Insta looks realy nice as well.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Looks lovely. Not a fan of hard tails, so I personally would not buy one, but it looks spot on.

Not convinced on the oval cogs however

neilforrow

RB – how are you getting on with the pinion box? I take it your adapting to the shifting easy enough.

With the cranks, do you have to use the pinion ones as I’ve read they are fairly chunky… Could you run another or get adapters made up?

Cheers, Neil.

otsdr
    Free Member

There were some recycled carbon cranks (link) in the news a couple of years ago, but the manufacturer seems to have gone out of business in the meantime.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I like the Pinion gearbox and was already familiar with it, the shifting suits me very well and I think being able to shift without having to pedal is brilliant.  To everyone else I say give it a try before dismissing it or spending your own money on one.

Cranks are very much proprietary and are more a thing of function than beauty.  Doesn’t bother me, I’ll have scuffed them up in no time anyway.

neilforrow

Cheers Otsdr.

RB – I’ve got a pinion frame coming and have only had limited time (read few hours) out on it thus far. Just curous to see how your fairing with it.

RE the cranks, it’s not the look (in fact I quite like the look) it’s the weight. If there was an adapter to take a ~600g xtr / middleburn / RF / E13 there is a fair saving there, esp if you already have a set in the garage! It would be the easiest way to shave some of the bulk.

Surprising one of the smaller component firms hasn’t got on it, with more and more people (BETD???)

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve got a pinion frame coming

What is it?  More detail needed please 🙂

neilforrow

one of those Deviate Cycles – Guide frames. Should be here in a couple weeks. Love the high pivot / idler / pinion combo.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Oh nice, I will be really interested to hear how you get on with that.  Cranked had one on their stand at the bike show and I was trying to get a look at how the shock and linkage were all below the swingarm pivot.  A very interesting bike

kayak23

Little chat with Jordan at the Malverns.

Viewing 18 posts - 201 through 218 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘That Sick Bicycle Co Pinion gearbox bike’ is closed to new replies.