Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)
  • That Sick Bicycle Co Pinion gearbox bike
  • flange
    Free Member

Cheers Jordan, appreciated.

Will drop you an email about my idea. All the best.

tpbiker
    Free Member

This Jordan lad seems much more pleasant that I was lead to believe..

Damn it.. Stw needs a new hate figure! Back to ling?

jordanchaos
    Free Member

People on STW are reasonable?

I’ve also been lied to! hehehe.

Think about it though, I love bikes so much I put my life on hold to make them.

I prefer to have a 1:1 relationship with the customer for better or worse. Its a personal relationship.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Question – if I bought one of your bikes and 6 months later it failed (cracked or whatever) through no fault of my own what would response be?

cokie

See their warranty info HERE

Rorschach
    Free Member

Lifetime warranty I believe.

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’s taken a while but I just picked the frame up at the London Bike Show. It’s a beauty, pics will follow

russyh
    Free Member

Hurry up with the pics RB please…I am more than mildly interested.

nickc

Same one one the Insta feed? Looks really nice, more piccies please!!

thepodge
    Free Member

Their new single pivot full suspension frame is very keenly priced. The more I see of these guys the more I think my next bike could be one of theirs.

Wookster

I really like their stuff, and their profile , interaction with people via podcasts FB Instagram etc. Cool little company that’s going places!

Poopscoop

I wish then them the best,I mean, why wouldn’t you? Got to give it a go in life.

The only thing is they seem much better as a marketing company than a bike manufacturer?

It’s a really odd paradox as they embrace many of the concepts they seem to hate?

Anyway,I really do wish them good luck but can’t help but think they have missed their true calling.

goby

Oh yeah hurry up and get built we need pics and a report!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Well, just as soon as I work out how to share pictures I will stick some up. Instagram a non starter?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Ooooo! Shiny!! 🤗🤗

tomhoward

Living room looks a bit cramped…

Wookster

goby

Oh that does look really nice! Lovely and shining! 😁

what the build spec you going for??

pictonroad

That looks great. 😍

hold on, you’ve got a concrete mixer… can I borrow your concrete mixer??

martymac

Im interested to see full build pics. And a ride report. And id like to see what it looks like muddy please😀😀

Rubber_Buccaneer

Oh FFS how did you do that wookster?

pictonroad you can have a borrow of my mixer any time so long as you don’t leave it encrusted in cement.  It’s the electric 240v version if that matters and you are serious

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Very nice. I so want a gearbox bike at some point.

dirkpitt74

That looks pretty good.

Be interested to see the final build and hear how it rides.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Looks like I have the hang of pictures. This was last weekend. More pics once I put the final touches to  it and get out for a ride this weekend

tomhoward

I assume those chainrings were on offer or something?

Stevet1
    Free Member

That actually looks really nice and not too bonkers. Looks like my old setavento frame  but stretched out. keep an eye on where the seatstays meet the seattube.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yes, they were on offer and since oval was the same price as round…..

Rubber_Buccaneer

View this post on Instagram

Here you go @jimbosussexmtb just don't tell @jordan.chaos about my frivolous use of a pair of oval chainrings

A post shared by Adrian Clarke (@adrian_no68) on

tomhoward

Ha! I was talking about the colour, but yeah, that too…

julians
    Free Member

Cant quite tell from the pictures, but are you using oval chainrings on the gearbox bike?

If so, wont the position of the ‘ovality’ in the ring get out of sync with the position of the crank arms,hence leading to wierd pedalling effects?

Rubber_Buccaneer

wont the position of the ‘ovality’ in the ring get out of sync with the position of the crank arms,hence leading to wierd pedalling effects?

Two ovals of the same size synchronised

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Won’t that totally negate the effect of the ovality?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ha! I was talking about the colour, but yeah, that too…

I wouldn’t usually go with green but got some hope brakes for a good price that happened to have team green bits so went with it.  Sick green on a Sick bike

Rubber_Buccaneer

Won’t that totally negate the effect of the ovality?

Yes and that is the intention.  Only reason I have fitted them is to give a mind buggering optical effect whilst riding

cokie

I really like that!
    What’s your thoughts on the frame? Looks great quality.
    How does it ride? Much noticeable drag in the pinion?

julians
    Free Member

Two ovals of the same size synchronised

I guess you’re going to have to be pretty careful when you change the chain to ensure the rings stay in the exact same position relative to each other. or even if the chain comes off just riding along.  I guess even one tooth out of sync could cause problems? A bit like the cambelt on a car…

Not sure I could be bothered with the faff, prob would have just gone for round rings, given the same price as ovals.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You are right, it is just me being silly and it will be extra hassle every time I take the wheel out but one tooth out I probably won’t notice. But 90 degrees out could be like riding square wheels😀

Rubber_Buccaneer

Cokie, give me a chance I’ve only done two laps of the garden with no grips😀 The frame looks great, some of the dimensions may be unusual but nothing to concern me. I know from previous experience that any drag in the gearbox is not discernible to me and I love the pinion. They ain’t cheap though so I’d always recommend trying a gearbox before buying.  More info will follow once I have the bike finished

superstu
    Free Member

Looking sweet!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘That Sick Bicycle Co Pinion gearbox bike’ is closed to new replies.