Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 496 total)
  • Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November
  • cinnamon_girl

mrmichaelwright – didn't really see nick during the Chilterns ride. Reckon he pedals more like a bat out of hell 😉

petetheplumber
    Free Member

Quite a few people will need to buy a permit for the day, I can ask the sales area if we can stick a sign inside to send people to the correct area. Or a sign on the door. The best bet is to meet up just outside the carpark area. Safer and we can do a quick check of the carpark to check we have everyone. a quick map can be made to help people along.

cinnamon_girl

pete – I will be posting up the link so people can purchase in advance the permit online 🙂

Saves faffing, they can get a coffee instead!

cinnamon_girl

I need a tall man 💡

Or a man with a ladder 💡

Anyone handy with a hammer?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I can bring my step ladder and my 6"4 mate?

jedi

my real ladder left when i was 5

cinnamon_girl

Sounds good curtis 🙂 We have a unique banner that needs to be hung from the trees! But can you both be the first to arrive at Swinley?

You do have strong arms I take it 😉

cinnamon_girl

Hey jedi – you could always build a mini skills area in the car park 😀

curtisthecat
    Free Member

That should be no problem… should I bring something to fasten the banner? Maybe cable ties? Oh and what time should I arrive?

cinnamon_girl

OK, we need Hairychested to arrive early with the banner. I guess some string would work?

I thought about reserving part of the car park for STW'ers and traffic cones would be ideal. There's loads on the M3 at the moment so if I pull up on the hard shoulder, should be able to chuck a few dozen in the boot 8)

Sorted!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I would get some cones from work, but knowing my luck they will have to close a road over the weekend and have no cones resulting in a kicking for me Lol. Will look around though.
    I will have a look in the shed and grab what I can to fasten banner.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks curtis 🙂

jedi

🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

What time do you need me there, CG? How big a banner should I bring?

jedi

im looking forward to this. the best ride i ahve been on was the glentress stw black route ride

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Swinley Forest Ride Jan 2009

Here is the link to Garmin center for the ride done in January this year, you can either load into any compatible GPS unit or print it out via Google earth/ Mapmyride/ Biketoaster ect…

Please note this was the route taken by the 'Lost Tribe' so it does repeat itself 😀

martinh
    Free Member

The Lost Tribe were clearly scared of getting lost and missed much single track

bikey
    Free Member

So then CG. I am back from MTB Guiding abroad next Thursday and am well up for another spin round Swinley. I am riding well and my legs are strong at the moment so put me down for the fast group. Is Ian (Fumanchu) gonna be there? I need someone to make me work through the woods! I will dig out the old Single geared bike for this one! One more thing though: WHAT TYRES FOR SWINLEY FOREST?

Matt

martinh
    Free Member

WTFSF?

Until this week I'd have said the same ones you've been using in Greece. It's now going to depend on how much rain we get before Nov 1st.

cinnamon_girl

bikey – can I blame you for the change in weather then 😉

I didn't think it was fair to e-mail January's leaders and sweepers (they all did a fantastic job) so just put a general plea on this thread for help. Fu_manchu managed to wreck a few riders last time – some were reduced to a state of near collapse but I won't mention any names 😉 Ian – if you read this and fancy helping out again, you have my e-mail!

Would mention however that we have a pretty swift rider who has volunteered again 🙂

Hairychested – one that's big enough to hang between two trees 🙂 Not sure about time, the place will be heaving on a Sunday morning so everyone needs to allow extra time to park.

jedi – OK, we'll aim for the best English ride you have been to 🙂 Reckon I'll have 30 seconds before the Northern contingent start heckling 😉

bikey
    Free Member

OK CG, I am so looking forward to it. The January STW Big Swinley Meet-up was great and it was good to put names to faces (or should that faces to names.

The comment about the tyres was abit of a piss take by the way. Saying that I havn't riden on mud or tree roots since April so my technique will be a bit rusty. Believe it or not loose, dry, dusty and rocky trails can get a bit boring after a while. So can clear blue skies and 35+ degree heat.

I have Ian's (fu_manchu's) email address so will check to see if he is coming out to play.

Matt

jedi

im looking forward to this 🙂

Hey Elaine,

Sorry looks like I wont be able to make it sorry! Just got a place on an uplift at taff buggy so cant be in two places at the same time!!!

Let me know if your doing any others!

Nick

mk1fan
    Free Member

I'm up for this. If the other half comes too we'll be in the Slackers group.

turboferret

Just spotted this ride, I'm around that weekend, hopefully persuade the wife to come out too 🙂

Cheers, Rich

jedi

how many groups will there be?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Mandog is up for this too.

cinnamon_girl

bikey – please stop causing trouble! Some of us are having to put up with lots of rain, leaves on the ground and the threat of frost 😯

NickyB – shame you can't make it but keep checking on here cos sometimes last-minute rides are organised.

jedi – I am confident that we will have sufficient groups, each with leader and sweeper, to cater for what ever number of riders turn up. People have been very good in volunteering to help and I obviously don't want the groups to be too large. As an idea, at the January ride we had 4 groups going out but I ended up with 15 other slackers 🙂 Were able to have had 5 groups if needed on the day.

cinnamon_girl

It would be nice if folk wrote their forum name/real name on a sticky label and stuck it on their jacket 🙂

My memory is not what it was …

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

'on their jacket'? What jacket, it's gonna be 30 degrees. Vests and speedos only!

Gephaudio
    Free Member

It would be nice if folk wrote their forum name/real name on a sticky label and stuck it on their jacket

… err you are expecting STW forummers to WRITE! Good God what ever next.. 😀

cinnamon_girl

rusty – I could have sworn that you said you would wear your mankini at the recent Purbecks ride 😯

But you didn't 🙁

So I have come to the conclusion you have bought one especially for the Swinley Forest ride 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Rusty? Google search produces this piccy*:

* well, almost true 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Who said i didn't! What goes under the baggies, stays under the baggies.

Neon lycra this weekend for the Purbecks retro ride.

cinnamon_girl

chicken 😀

cinnamon_girl

Hairychested – love that pic, reckon it should go in A & A 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Well it looks like me Hairy!

cinnamon_girl

Neon lycra this weekend for the Purbecks retro ride

Local plod will have an ASBO field day 😯

Dare you to post pics on here 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

Sure, why not.
    Put me down for the fast group.
    I'll bring the 29er if anyone fancies a ride on her.
    Size 18 On-One, which is a L.
    Since I'm a photographer, I'll bring the camera too if you wish.

soobalias
    Free Member

keeping an eye on this thread

not been over to swinley this year at all for one reason or another

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November’ is closed to new replies.