Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 496 total)
  • Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November
  • cinnamon_girl

Mark it in your diaries!

Meet at 10.00 am to start riding at 10.30 am. Same format as January's one, will be split into ability groups each with leader and sweeper. Meet up at the Cafe at lunch time with more riding in the afternoon for those who are hard enough 🙂

Niche bikes particularly welcome and Swinley is ideal for single speeding.

Adults only and you must have ridden off-road before. I will lead the Slackers group which will consist of a gentle pace, walking up hills, much chattering and crashing 🙄

Huge thanks to those who have volunteered and if anyone else wants to help, please step forward as you will be needed.

For those who haven't been here before, it's single track heaven and is located near Bracknell, Berkshire. Easy access from both M4 and M3. You will need a day permit to ride at a cost of £2.

More details to be posted nearer the time.

So … who's in?

cinnamon_girl

Could the kind people who volunteered confirm whether they are able to make this date please?

rOcKeTdOg

can't do it, i'm in Wales that weekend, missed it again!

bigsi
    Free Member

I may well pop along for this one as I've been meaning to do the last few STW rides but never got round to it.

I'll confirm nearer the time 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

I should be alright for that day.

beaker

Sounds good to me, I'm looking forward to it.

auricgoldfinger

Should be up for that date – I'll try not to crack another frame this time too!

RichPenny
    Free Member

I can make it 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Looking like a good turnout 8)

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I'd be up for coming along, I dont know Swinley as well as I should do.

cinnamon_girl

auric – that was really unlucky for you 🙁

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

oh yes, me too please.
    C_G YGM.

peteimpreza

Me me me me me me!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I might come along for the social side of it…..
    🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I do want to ride at Swinley with you but I've committed to guiding zokesmonster et al on the Qs that day. Another time.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

B*gger, just thought, Mrs MM might have organised at birthday lunch for me that day. Will have to change it to the Saturday 😉 Lunch that is!

solamanda
    Free Member

I'm free 🙂

Bumhands
    Free Member

Solamanda

You should lead a group for jumps and drops.

Bumhands
    Free Member

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Should be ok for this. Adults only? What you got planned C_G?

xcstu
    Free Member

Ya sounds good for me… leg is getting stronger everyday 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Adults only? What you got planned C_G?

😯

Count me in too, presuming my knee will be fit enough. What kind of distances are we talking?

ddmonkey

Nuts – can't make it – I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next one! How often do these rides happen? I've not noticed them on the forum before…

mtbfix

Baby due a week before so, in the words of them dragons, 'I'm out'

dobo
    Free Member

argh damit! – Bordon Enduro is on 1st Nov, forum rides should be on saturdays, switch it to Saturday for a Halloween evening/night ride

RichPenny
    Free Member

Oops, just remembered that sharki's Quantocks nightride is on the previous evening. I may be late and hungover 🙂

podman
    Free Member

Presuming uni work goes well, I'm very much up for this! I'll be in CG's slackers group, hopefully you'll be able to put up with me!

What's the situation with Parking? I've only been to Swinley once before (although it was a nice warm Day in July), and the parking at the Lookout was packed… Are we meeting up at The Lookout, or is there somewhere better?

JamesP
    Free Member

Why not come down and ride the Borden Enduro as a forum ride. There are categories for all types of rider – fun, beginner, 2hrs, 4hrs pairs, even a frankenbike category 🙂

We're going down this weekend to do a little trail work and video the course but I can guarantee it'll be fast twisty fun singletrack with a few fireroads thrown in to help eating and drinking.

IMO Borden is much more fun that Swinley and only just down the road.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

count me in too!

aleigh
    Free Member

I'll be there…..killers heels n all 😀

petetheplumber
    Free Member

no problem with the date or time.

gusamc
    Free Member

Hi, yep, no probs, I'll be there, are you going for a pre-shufti

cinnamon_girl

OK, shall try and answer the questions.

'Adults only' – this ride isn't suitable for children cos I can't guarantee that everyone will be on their best behaviour. I'm never on mine and when I crash, expletives are guaranteed 🙄

People need to chill out at the weekend and if that involves doing daft things or swearing, so be it. Also Aleigh, bless her, is a screamer and it may unnerve some folk 😯

JamesP – thanks for the invite but I don't race and have no intention of doing so! Many people haven't ridden at Swinley before and this is a good opportunity to be guided by locals.

thisisnotaspoon – the Slackers group will not cover a huge distance. We will ride/chat/faff/session for a couple of hours then head back to the Cafe for lunch. So if you only want to do the morning session, that's fine. Likewise people will have the option of changing groups at lunchtime, ie if they want a faster paced or slower paced group, they will be able to do that.

podman I can put up with anybody! Yes, the car park will be busy but as it's November it won't be as bad as the summer. There is an overflow car park and parking available across the road. More detail to be given nearer the time but obviously the earlier you get there, the better. Parking is free by the way!!

Polite request – does anyone have any traffic cones they could bring along please? Might be a way of securing parking spaces.

Feel free to post up any questions or you can e-mail me if you prefer, address in profile.

cinnamon_girl

solamanda – I've lost your e-mail address, could you e-mail me please? Thanks.

aleigh
    Free Member

Also Aleigh, bless her, is a screamer and it may unnerve some folk

tis true 😆

Conor
    Free Member

Afan would be much better 😉

David… disappointed mate… you know you want to go to Wales!

Gilles

Everybody keep talking about that place, so I will give a go, count me in! My October's week ends are all full, and now my November's are almost getting full as well. No rest.

solamanda
    Free Member

Solamanda

You should lead a group for jumps and drops.

That's the plan, are you coming G?

grantway
    Free Member

Yep ride there regular at Swinley.

Good fun, but you do have to look out for young T-wats
    walking up has your coming down runs such as Baby Maker etc.

Il be up for it !

jedi

i'm going to try to make it.i usually ride herts shore religiously on sundays but hopefully i can make it unless work gets in the way 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November’ is closed to new replies.