Viewing 16 posts - 481 through 496 (of 496 total)
  • Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November
  • ashleybanks
    Free Member

if anyone is intreseted I have uploaded the ride to the garmin website.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/17797869

this was the slackers 2 group which then joined with the other slackers group later on.

I may try this one again with the wife!

jedi

it was rubbish yesterday 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Thanks c_g for another top job. 🙂
    It was great fun. Took me back to my childhood with memories of me wizzing through puddle after puddle getting drenched with a huge smile on my face. 😆
    Lack of front brake stopped me from joining the afternoon session but hope you all enjoyed it.
    Whens the next forum ride? 😉

slowmatt
    Free Member

Thanks for the guided ride yesterday, I had a great ride dispite the small amount of rain! 😀

BluePalomino
    Free Member

I'm definitely up for more group sunday mornings @ swinley. hint!

Tic
    Free Member

That was still good fun despite the appalling conditions 🙂

Swinley really does have a lot of hidden away trails!

Thanks for the 'Jumpy Group' guiding Solamanda, also thanks to CG for the slightly more health and safety orientated guiding in the afternoon :mrgreen:

Pete (Riding the black Commencal Meta 5.5)

nickc

The first coffee was a bit hot, but the cake and the danish were nice.

jalopy
    Free Member

That was a great day out and well worth dragging out in the rain for. thanks CG and other knowledgable ones for introducing bits of swinley i'd never seen before – just wonder if I can find them again… Great to see some fellow big wheelers (and half-breeds) too.
    Apologies for the brake-bodging hold-up in the afternoon. Looking forward to the next one. j

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is half-breed an acceptable term?

😉

cinnamon_girl

That pic of Solamanda is my favourite of the day. It's just the look on his face and the water streaming off the bottom of the bike that do it for me.

Pete – I agree, it's a great shot so well done 🙂 It really captures the spirit of the STW'ers and shows that a bunch of Southern softies know how to have a good time!

Hope everyone has now cleaned their bike and kit?

nickc and mrmichaelwright – you should have joined us cos we were smelly too 😉

CTML
    Free Member

Twas a brilliant ride, possibly my all time wettest but had plenty of lol moments. Special thanks to Mark? who saved the day with a spare pair of brake pads (would have been a long walk back…)

Big thanks to CG for leading us, also thanks to the On-One singlespeeder that went to get a chain tensioner midday for the delicious cake, as well as the cookie man. apologies for not remebering your names! and to knottie8 for the pan shot of me in the gully! one for facebook i think!

Until next time!

Matt (Yeti 575 '06)

mboy
    Free Member

Special thanks to Mark? who saved the day with a spare pair of brake pads (would have been a long walk back…)

No worries fella, glad to have helped.

You now know for next time though that if it can wear out or break on a ride, take a spare! You wouldn't credit the number of rides I've seen ruined cos someone's brake pads wore out, their chain broke, they ran out of inner tubes and puncture patches etc.

turboferret

Got to say thanks to Cinnamon Girl for organising this ride, was great fun if a little damp.

I can't remember the last time I got to race someone through a foot deep puddle on a ride!

Emptying about a pint of water out of the baggy ankles of my sealskin socks provided amusement to all I'm sure.

I'll be thinking about mud while I ride in the rocky mountains outside Dubai tonight 🙂

Cheers, Rich

dobo
    Free Member

ah so you were the other SS with the sealskin socks..

Hairychested
    Free Member

thanks to the On-One singlespeeder that went to get a chain tensioner midday for the delicious cake

You're welcome!

turboferret

dobo – Member

ah so you were the other SS with the sealskin socks..

Yup, sorry my name badge had obviously fallen off, and the frame stickers with my username weren't obvious enough 😀

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 16 posts - 481 through 496 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November’ is closed to new replies.