Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 496 total)
  • Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

C_G and Rich – that klein was upside down with a flat tyre last time i saw it tonight. 30 out tonight for a dark ride, did 16 odd miles around the forest, golf course area and all the way along the ridge.

Should be able to make this ride, house move depending.

cinnamon_girl

Rich – I rely on my disc brakes to get me out of trouble!

rusty – oh, not good. 30 riders, can't believe the turnout you get there on rides. Fingers crossed with the house move date. You'll have a bit of time to settle in before the nursery needs painting!

cinnamon_girl

Just a wee bump for Friday 8)

jedi

lol 🙂

vinnyeh

I think I'll come along to this, if that's ok.

nicko74

Ah, I can't make this actually, as I shall be in Murcia seeing the father-in-law (and then going biking for a couple of days to cleanse myself). But enjoy, and let us know how it goes.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Sadly I don't think I will be able to make this ride either – but well done for organising another one.

I think I will trundle around there tomorrow as compensation. 🙂 Anyone else planning to be riding in Swinley tomorrow (probably 11 – whenever)?

cinnamon_girl

vinnyeh – of course it's OK 🙂

Bad luck to nicko74 and Bikingcatastrophe cos you will miss a fantastic day!

juiced
    Free Member

I would like to come along too if that's ok.

cinnamon_girl

juiced – of course!

juiced
    Free Member

cool 😛

bionicwoman
    Free Member

CG hopefully as long as I'm not working I will be there…and I can offer to sweep the chilled out group…

jedi

ill be in the chilled out group for sure!

martinh
    Free Member

Count me in this time.

Happy to lead a group if you need.

cinnamon_girl

jedi – Member
    ill be in the chilled out group for sure!

No pressure or anything 😉
    What hip flask for Swinley?

bionic woman – thanks very much for offer of help, that would be great 🙂

martinh – thank you also. Could you e-mail me please, address in profile.

peteimpreza

Will there be a group doing a fast XC style ride like wot forge197 did last time please Auntie CG?

Hip flask filling should either be a good single malt or sloe gin. You decide.

cinnamon_girl

Hi Pete! It just so happens that some lovely STW chaps have volunteered to help out. Remember forge's assistant/sweeper from last time, also called Paul? Paul will be helping out again so make sure you go with his group. That OK for you?

Actually, a pint of London Pride at the end of the ride would go down a treat 😉

slartybartfast
    Free Member

I'd like too come too, if thats ok?

cinnamon_girl

slartybartfast (what sort of name is that!) – of course 🙂

jedi

pressure???

🙂

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Not sure where the name comes from just like the sound of it. I discoverd this forum the day after the last swinley ride.

anjs
    Free Member

Sounds very hitch hikers to me

r6ymy
    Free Member

Yep, Hitch Hikers Guide, Slartibartfast designed the earth, was particularly proud of the fjords
    http://www.class-tv.co.uk/the-hitchikers-guide-to-the-galaxy/episode-4.html

CG, I'd like to come, Paul's group sounds ideal.

TimS
    Free Member

Hello,
    I'd like to come too please. (If work doesn't send me somewhere far away) 🙂

peteimpreza

Nevs alive!

Hoooorah!!

peteimpreza

Yes I remember Paul.

Top bloke.

anjs
    Free Member

Looks like the trail pixes have been out with the bright orange paint. Marks up everywhere on trees and on the ground at a stat of a munber of trails. Wonder if the Potter money is going to be finally spent?

Yeah i think should be there! Sounds like a laugh!

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Yep, Hitch Hikers Guide, Slartibartfast designed the earth, was particularly proud of the fjords

I think he even got an an award for it!

cinnamon_girl

Hmmmmmmmmmm … just wondering about an STW banner. It will be very busy in the car park and don't want STW'ers gatecrashing other group rides 🙄

Polite request: is there anyone here with expertise or contacts in the world of banner making? E-mail in profile 🙂

mudsux
    Free Member

surely swinley singletrack is not much fun ridden in such large numbers?

cinnamon_girl

Pay attention mudsux 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

I think we knocked up a banner with a sheet of cardboard and a marker pen for the first Purbeck ride. Don't think the Blackberry Gin will be ready for this ride, so will go for Aberlour or Balvennie Doublewood 🙂 YHM too.

Amos
    Free Member

No longer off to France that weekend so count me in!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I'll get my wife to make one. She's a painter, you know. Can somebody send me what should be on it? Otherwise you're risking my choice 😉

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh, some more people. This will be such fun 😀

Rich, yes I remember the cardboard! But there are trees in the Swinley car park plus there is an overflow. However I do remember one time riding around asking strangers (men) in the car park if they were there for a forum ride 🙄

Blackberry gin? I'm impressed 8) YGM too.

cinnamon_girl

Hey Kris, that would be brilliant! Just STW in bold letters and if your wife has time to paint some little bikes on it, that would be fab 😀

You know what the car park is like. Er, just a thought, hammer, nails, affix between trees?

Hairychested
    Free Member

She's just said yes. Should it read: "Auntie CG's little darlings"?

cinnamon_girl

That is really kind of her so please say 'thank you' from me.

Nah, those who know me will be mortified and those who haven't met me yet will be speechless! I have a reputation as a batty old bird 🙄

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah that's why you get on with nickc, he's a batty old bird as well

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Forum Ride – Sunday 1st November’ is closed to new replies.