Viewing 39 posts - 3,841 through 3,879 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Good girl!!!

What about Prince Tindall? He carried on. Should Cips be sacked by Sale too?

wrecker
    Free Member

What about Prince Tindall?

I’d be very concerned if jambalayas daughter had pics of him on her PC.

anagallis_arvensis

His nose is straighter these days isnt it?

Pigface
    Free Member

Scott Gibbs robbed a taxi didn’t do his career any harm 😆

If he was over the limit he would of been in magistrates court next day and banned, could of found something else like Coke but I doubt it as that would be all over the news.

Bit weird.

anagallis_arvensis

Gibbs got done for drink driving as well as nicking the taxi. Powell got done for drink driving a golf buggy too.
    Gav took a train!!

anagallis_arvensis

Oops

muddydwarf
    Free Member

According to Brian Moore (who should know) if you fail at the station its a charge there and then.
    If its borderline – in the area of % error – then its either a blood or urine sample sent off for testing. So from information available it appears he was borderline on the station testing kit.

wrecker
    Free Member

His nose is straighter these days isnt it?

I think he’s refused to have it done again.

Pigface
    Free Member

I just heard Jerry Collins has been killed in a car crash 😥 awful news, great player.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah, just seen that on the BBC, very sad

anagallis_arvensis

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11460544
    Wife killed too and daughter in hospital…**** awful. Great player and true hardman without the panto villan stuff.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pretty crap story all round. Bloody 3 month old baby left behind and in hospital too. Crikey.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tough times. Seems they where stopped for a breakdown (?) at 4:30am and the bus ran into them. More detail in that NZ piece than the BBC had this morning.

wrecker
    Free Member

RIP Jerry. 🙁 he was one of the good guys. I hope the baby pulls through.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The best Ospreylian ever to play for Barnstaple 2nd XV.

🙁

wanmankylung
    Free Member
    duckman
    Free Member

Rip Jerry Collins,by all accounts a fantastic guy off the pitch who loved the game,the link with Barnstaple Flashy mentions would seem to bear that out.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3w4h8c8e5Y[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

TThe daughter of former All Black Jerry Collins who was seriously injured in a car crash in France which killed Collins and his partner, remains in a serious condition but is showing signs of improvement.

Collins’ manager Tim Castle said Ayla remains in a critical condition but has “improved a little” overnight.

“Ayla’s care and recovery is central to all of our endeavours at this time, as the record shows, little Ayla is three months old, and she was taken to hospital in a critical condition.

“The news today is that her condition has improved a little, which is wonderful for the family. She remains nevertheless in a very serious condition and the circumstances are being monitored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, by the rugby club and the others we have on the ground down there, hour by hour and our hopes are of course that she will recover.”

Castle would not say the extent of Ayla’s injuries.

“The medical information is being kept confidential at this time, she is under very strict and very close care. I’m aware of some details but they are confidential at this time.”

Castle said the details about who would raise Ayla were “a long way away from being worked through”.

“There are two things which are dominant at the moment: one is to make sure that we are providing continuing support for the care that Ayla needs, that’s the first thing, and the second thing is really, as soon as possible, when time permits, we would want Jerry coming home.”

However, Castle did say that fellow rugby players Neemia Tialata and Chris Masoe were on the way to be with Collins “and to be with little Ayla”.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/inte … ench-crash

The daughter of former All Black Jerry Collins who was seriously injured in a car crash in France which killed Collins and his partner, remains in a serious condition but is showing signs of improvement.

Collins’ manager Tim Castle said Ayla remains in a critical condition but has “improved a little” overnight.

“Ayla’s care and recovery is central to all of our endeavours at this time, as the record shows, little Ayla is three months old, and she was taken to hospital in a critical condition.

“The news today is that her condition has improved a little, which is wonderful for the family. She remains nevertheless in a very serious condition and the circumstances are being monitored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, by the rugby club and the others we have on the ground down there, hour by hour and our hopes are of course that she will recover.”

Castle would not say the extent of Ayla’s injuries.

“The medical information is being kept confidential at this time, she is under very strict and very close care. I’m aware of some details but they are confidential at this time.”

Castle said the details about who would raise Ayla were “a long way away from being worked through”.

“There are two things which are dominant at the moment: one is to make sure that we are providing continuing support for the care that Ayla needs, that’s the first thing, and the second thing is really, as soon as possible, when time permits, we would want Jerry coming home.”

However, Castle did say that fellow rugby players Neemia Tialata and Chris Masoe were on the way to be with Collins “and to be with little Ayla”.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/inte … ench-crash

BlindMelon
    Free Member
    anagallis_arvensis

POOL ONE: Saracens, Ulster, Toulouse, Oyonnax

POOL TWO: Clermont Auvergne, Ospreys, Exeter, Bordeaux

POOL THREE: Glasgow, Northampton, Racing 92, Scarlets

POOL FOUR: Stade Francais, Munster, Leicester, Treviso

POOL FIVE: Bath, Toulon, Leinster, Wasps

Gives Ospreys a glimmer of hope. Pool 5 looks a tad tricky.

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone else see this?

Mr North has impeccable taste……

duckman
    Free Member

Not removing fender on bone dry day=rookie mistake.

wrecker
    Free Member

Those shoes don’t look too clever either.

jambalaya
    Free Member

No pleasing some people 😉

Pool 5 is a pool of death for sure.

Congrats to Stade Francais shaking up the Top 14. Poor old Clermont. So little reward for a few very good seasons.

duckman
    Free Member

France should just field this lot in 2019.

anagallis_arvensis

He should wear that hat in games too!!

Pigface
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Pigface I saw that, indeed not.

“Stormin” Norman Berryman (NZ club player with one AB cap) has died at the age of 42 from a heart attack link

I thought it showed the changing times as Strettle has withdrawn from the RWC squad to focus on his move to Clermont – he can rest up this summer and spend the duration of the tournament working with them, I can understand this decision as he’s been outside the England setup for so long. At least it means a spot for Rokodunugi link

Pigface
    Free Member

Strettle who I have always rated has thrown the towel in, is he a man of principle or is there some thing rotten in the england camp 😉 😆

ekul
    Free Member

Probs just wasn’t that bothered about pulling a bollock out in the pre-world cup camp when realistically he was only ever going to be a squad player (rightly or wrongly). So decided to take a few weeks extra holidays and get stuck into his new life in France with his family. Seems fair enough in my opinion.

bombjack
    Free Member

Mr North has impeccable taste……

Yup, he’s been on the uplift at Cwmcarn a few times also.
    Isn’t his GF the roadie Becky James?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

Strettle who I have always rated has thrown the towel in, is he a man of principle or is there some thing rotten in the england camp

Good question. Whilst you can see the logic of getting settled in France it seems odd that he’d pass up even an outside chance of playing in a home RWC.

With the proliferation of injuries these days it doesn’t take much for a fringe player, or even someone not in the squad, to suddenly find themselves parachuted into the starting line-up.

Stephen Donald springs to mind.

anagallis_arvensis

10 years ago today

wrecker
    Free Member

Check your phrases Gordo!!!

I am absolutely busting a nut to get into the squad, and not just into the squad but into the starting line-up,

http://www.the42.ie/gordon-darcy-retire-world-cup-preparation-2177815-Jun2015/
    😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa 10 years ago wow. My boss was in the first few rows right by the incident, he to this day cannot believe the touch judge didn’t flag. He says the incident ruined the whole tour for him which was for his 50th

Pigface
    Free Member

All Blacks looking good, come from behind win on J’berg.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ABs and SA playing a different game – awesome rugby. Pace, physicality, and loved the McCaw line out move. Brilliant!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If you’ve got five minutes to spare – this is a great story:

The Last Amateur

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks

Viewing 39 posts - 3,841 through 3,879 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.