Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

You have to feel for London Welsh, they were just not expecting promotion and Bristol had already bought up all the players! Current coach is shite too which doesnt help.

anagallis_arvensis

London Welsh v Treviso would be worse!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Current coach is shite too which doesnt help.

He’s not only shite; he’s a dick too, which is whay I don’t feel for them at all.

anagallis_arvensis

Why dont you like him?
    As I said before a certain orange ex dancer hates him too!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Why dont you like him?

He’s a gobshite. A legend in his own mind.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Embra v Scablets has just finished 20 apiece. It was a decent enough game. a_a not sure if you’ve a gif of a drive that Embra got going 3 minutes from the end? Looked certain to be a try, ref penalised them, I think for crossing. For the life of me I couldn’t see anything wrong at all! Ross Ford had a cracking game I thought, Embra scrum was pretty dominant.

wrecker
    Free Member

LW thrashed again. Oh dear what a shame never mind. Shite game though, poor quality from both teams and that ref had no idea about scrums.

anagallis_arvensis

My gif source has dried up sorry. The maul formed then detached at the front and they marched off down the pitch without a scarlet attached at the front thats obstruction or a flying wedge or both.

Ross Ford couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.
    Liam Williams played well shame he’s a brain dead nutter.
    God knows how Scarlets didnt win.

Pigface
    Free Member

Great win for Ospreys

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zebre…..!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Saints v Bath was a tidy game today….very close towards the end. A certain orange dancer came on at 15 for Bath and looked reasonably good.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys are doing really well having added very little to their squad and lost a lot. Is it Gibbes the forwards coach making an impact?

anagallis_arvensis

Good old Gav, he still is a joy to watch even if nowhere near what he once was.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Was at the Edinburgh v Scarlets game on Friday. Did not feel like a good match, felt like both teams were playing with zero cofidence.

With the exception of Visser Edinburgh have no pace in the backs until we get some players back from injury, combine that with folk getting played out of position and we are really going to struggle. No idea how we beat Munster away.

Ford has been pretty good in the loose most matches but he is there as a hooker and his throwing or the lineout coordination was a total shambles.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it just me or do Wasps look pretty handy this season? They’ve had an incredibly tough start fixture wise and have done really well. For me Saints Saffas Baarth Exeter and Wasps have looked like the best teams so far, it’s looking like it’ll be a cracking season!

jambalaya
    Free Member

PSA. If anyone is interested in International tickets for England’s pre-Christmas internationals (inc NZ) drop me an email, it seems the games are not yet sold out.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Just emailed you jambalaya.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tom I replied.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cheers! NZ is now sold out. Tickets are still available for the other games…..it’s not a cheap day out is it!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ah OK. Tom, no it’s not. In some regards it looks OK value compared to say a Premier League football game but you can see decent club rugby for £15-£25. I think also the tickets on sale where in the top 2 price categories.

If you want to plan ahead the Australian fixture doesn’t normally sell out each year nor does the “extra game” against someone outside of the big 3 tri-nations sides.

Freester

Sheridan retired today due to injury. Shame. Colossus of a man but one of the gentlest / quietest guys you could meet off the pitch.

Who remembers him smashing the Aussie scrum in the Autumn internationals 2005 ish?

anagallis_arvensis

I thought he had gone a while ago. Shame, he always seemed like a decent blo?e and despite the rampant England hype machine he kept his feet on the ground.

baronsamedi
    Free Member

Sheridan no technique massively strong though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I saw that. He can be proud. I remember the Aussies just couldn’t deal with him. He had a very decent game in Marseilles in the RWC 2007 QF, a match I recall with great fondness ! I saw him play down in Toulon too. A colossus of a man.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought he had gone a while ago. Shame, he always seemed like a decent blo?e and despite the rampant England hype machine he kept his feet on the ground.

Back to back World Cup finals will do that for ya ! 8)

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tvsYSdEHQc[/video]

tinybits
    Free Member

yep, a strong, strong man and a good player. Believe he was taken to the cleaners by a few a of the more technical props, but the Aussies (and possibly Ireland one year?) just couldn’t cope with the power.

jambalaya
    Free Member

RWC

So I’ve applied for 9 matches (Eng v Wales and Aus in group, France v Italy and Ireland in group, QF * 2, SF * 2, Final). Hoping it’s not an Olympic experience with zero tickets in the ballot. If I don’t get a QF at Twickenham I’ll try for Cardiff.

And you .. ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

RWC 2007 QF

In fairness the daily mail has a decent piece on his career

Freester

I got a look in on the RFU RWC club ballot before it was opened to the public.

I’ve got 2 for Eng vs Wal at Twickenham (N O T C H E A P). I got a few yank mates threatening to cross the pond so got 4 for SA vs USA at the Olympic stadium which should be good for them watching their team get stuffed at a great location.

My uncle has 3 tix for the final and verbally has promised one to me but I’m not holding my breath until I’m there.

anagallis_arvensis

Corbisero out until new year, shoulder injury at least its not his knee again

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Freester I think the ticket prices are bonkers, top price to see England v Wales in the RBS 6N is £100 versus £350 for a RWC group match. I went to the 2007 QF and top price seats on the 22 5 rows from pitch where £100. I too could have had access via club (was excluded from Debenture holders ballot) but decided to wait for the public ballot as lower price tickets are available. If I get none, I get none.

Scamper
    Free Member

How much are tickets at the grounds with a bit of atmosphere, like Kingsholm? 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Christ Corbisero is just so fragile! How many games has he managed in a season and a bit at Saints?!

anagallis_arvensis

😆

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNdDHy40ws8[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Henson to start at full back. Not ideal he really lacks the pace for it when exposed defending one on one.

anagallis_arvensis

No Mr Clark its because you are an utter **** who should have been banned for life. http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/29475526

tinybits
    Free Member

An utter, utter scummer of the highest order.

I’d be pleased to see him retired today.

surfer
    Free Member

Sheridan retired today due to injury. Shame. Colossus of a man but one of the gentlest / quietest guys you could meet off the pitch.

Shame his career was blighted by injury. As a Sale fan never got to see him play as much as I would have liked but he deserved the honours he got with Toulon. Shame he retired a year early.

Scamper
    Free Member

Cheatin Tigers thumped today by a far from perfect Glaws. 30-9 at half time. Only reason it wasn’t 40-9 at FT, was due to Glaws literally dropping the ball over the goal line under the posts with a minute left for the bonus point. Good crowd in too.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.