Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 2,760 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
    Houns

Picture the scene… You’re on a campsite in one of the most beautiful and remote places in the uk, you’ve arrived just as the sun is setting, you’ve pitched your tent, you unfold your chair and open a beer. It’s getting darker, stars are starting to twinkle…Your phone beeps, ooh it’s an Aurora amber alert, amazing! You think about staying up to see if there’s a show, then…

The campervanerists on the next pitch come back to their van, unlock and go inside, doing so apparently brings on an outdoors strip light on their van THAT CAN BE SEEN FROM SPACE!! WTF IS THE POINT OF THIS KIN LIGHT WHEN YOU’RE ALL TUCKED UP IN YOUR VAN?!

Stars gone, I’m in my tent typing this and it’s almost daylight in here.

UTTER THUNDERC***S (not thundercats)

proof

View post on imgur.com

ElShalimo

You’re on a campsite in one of the most beautiful and remote places in the uk

Wigan?

onehundredthidiot

Rolled oats on top of apple crumble “for texture”. The texture I want is crumble, just put it in the oven as God (I) intended don’t add flipping texture.

Honestly I was pricing slabs.

sirromj

^^^^ mmmmmmm love the tasty rolled oats on top of a good apple/plum/blackberry crumble. The OH puts almond flakes on too, which I feel my position is leaning more toward tolerance than an experience of deliciousness.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Arseholes that piss all over a toilet seat rather than getting their dainty little paws dirty lifting it up. Would happily piss all over every soft furnishing and piece of clothing they own, see how they enjoy wallowing in someone else’s piss.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Arseholes that piss all over a toilet seat

It’s a Beta passive aggressive thing. Living in a household ruled by women, it’s their little act of rebellion, pissing on the seat where there’s no danger of the wife’s wrath ;)

tjagain

Dogs and their owners again.

I was sitting watching an otter hunting this morning.   Dog owner brought two big dogs to the beach and scared the otter away

Usual oblivious behaviour.  Many times i have had wildlife watching spoilt like this

Mister-P
    Free Member

We have 4 car parking spaces at work reserved for visitors.  Each space has a sign that says “visitor” on it.  Every day all 4 spaces are filled with cars belonging to people who work here.  No idea why it winds me up so much but it really irks me.

kimbers

needing a £ coin to use a shopping trolley

I dont use cash

nickjb
    Free Member

needing a £ coin to use a shopping trolley

I dont use cash

If it is a slot type then a Yale type door key works. Just don’t forget to take it out! If it is the draw type then you need a coin or token. Just leave one in the car glove box

redmex
    Free Member

Council close roads for tarmac repairs but you’re within 2 miles of your destination before the first sign causing 10 mile sometimes more diversion

If the councils own workforce is doing the contract it takes 3x longer than contractors

Cougar

If it is the draw type then you need a coin or token.

If it is the draw type then you need a pencil.  Coins and tokens are for the drawer type.

#DisproportionatelyCross

pisco

I work with furniture, and it’s amazing how many people spell it draw instead of drawer.

There are two factors as far as I can make out:

– Many carpenters are strong on maths/spacial concepts, but weak on literacy

– English people don’t pronounce ‘r’ so it does sound like ‘draw’.

redmex
    Free Member

Carpenters or joiners strong with maths aye right the only reason most can square is due to their OSB sheet keeping them right or their metal 9″ square

A2+B2=C2 goes right over their head, maybe not maths but arithmetic

Can’t imagine many able to understand geometry

Cougar

– English people don’t pronounce ‘r’ so it does sound like ‘draw’.

Wait, shut the front door.  You’re telling me people pronounce it “draw” too?

I’m in the North West of England, we only have one vowel and most consonants are optional, but even I’d pronounce the R.  (OK, I grant you there are other casualties, it’s closer to “drore” but hey.)

kayak23

People who call a bottle a Bidon.

reeksy

People who call a shovel a spade

sirromj

People who call xyz dudududuh.

mjsmke

Trying to buy shoes on the Internet and the vast majority of sites don’t have a photo of the top of the shoe, making it impossible to see the actual shape of the shoe. Then the very few places that do have a top view, have it the wrong way round; my feet face away from my body so why show me a photo of the shoes facing towards me?

kayak23

When Pringles have become un-nested in the pack.

Flaperon

And hills “bergs”.

blokeuptheroad

F*****ts on facebook who are constantly posting memes about how they are “surrounded by idiots”, and similar trite bollox.  Whilst consistently overlooking the fact, that they are shining beacons of idiocy themselves.  All the self awareness of a Greggs sausage roll.

sargey

The bell end who parked his VW id5 on pump no 5 at the garage this morning then went inside and did some shopping.

Loads of parking spaces adjacent to the forecourt about 40 yards from the shop.

blokeuptheroad

A what? Who? Why? Thankfully not something I’ve experienced but thanks for the warning!

fazzini

Car drivers who pull over the pedestrian crossing. Then when the green man comes on, and you’re crossing, attempt to run you over. Thunderc****

See also, stoopid idiotic utterly selfish drivers, with small children in child seats, driving at speed looking at their laps and texting.

kayak23

People saying it’s ‘miserable’ when it’s just raining a bit.

nickingsley

In the self service restaurant on the Brittany Ferries from Caen. Just seen grandma and grandpa change the nappy of their grandson (confirmed)  on one of the tables with people alll around eating their breakfast.

We already had all the brown sauce we needed with our breakfast, thank you. We moved well away.

noltae
    Free Member

People  who slob about in scruffy sportswear when they are out and about in public.  Sadly the phenomenon has reached epidemic proportions.  .

mattyfez

Game updates..

I’ve been online all night, steam open in the background, fancied playiing a bit of forza horizon 5… 7gb update…

I just want to get a few online races in before trumpageadon hits the news.

halifaxpete

Memorial balloon releases. I’m sure the sentiments there and they mean well, but all that shit has got to land somewhere eventually!

@mattyfez
    Agreed, I had a 20 minute wait for Wreckfest last week, only play it once in a blue moon though so should have expected it.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s disproportionately cross at all @halifaxpete You wouldn’t have a memorial dropping of litter but that’s what balloon releases are.  Helium filled foil balloons are the worst, gggrrrrr!!!!

desperatebicycle

Push your **** chair back under the desk when you leave the office you lazy shitehawk! I mean is it really that hard? It’s got sodding WHEELS on it! Oh no, much better to leave it randomly in the middle of a place where people have to walk through and push it out of the way for you!

MoreCashThanDash

Weather forecast for today: Heavy showers, some sunny intervals

Weather this morning: heavy showers,  some sunny intervals

I put the washing on the airers inside rather than outside.

MrsMC insists it might brighten up, the forecast might be wrong – I show her the rain radar showing heavy showers coming our way  for the next couple of hours.

I go downstairs to get a drink in between meetings – the washing is on the line, pissing wet through in the heavy rain.

Every **** time.

jamesoz

Height restrictions in Imperial units.

Cougar

Helium filled foil balloons are the worst, gggrrrrr!!!!

On a scale of 1 to Disproportionate, Chinese Lanterns have to be the worst.  All the fun of helium balloons, only on fire.

Cougar

much better to leave it randomly in the middle of a place where people have to walk through and push it out of the way for you!

I’d be pushing it well out of the way.  Like, down the stairs.

nickc

Height restrictions in Imperial units.

A garage I saw in St Ives last week had the height in both metres and feet and inches, but the height was marked as 1.9m and the imperial written alongside it said 6’3″…D’you feel lucky?

There’s someone at the practice who keeps leaving their dirty teacup on top of the lockers by the back door, when I catch whoever it is, I will sack them.

ossify

the height was marked as 1.9m and the imperial written alongside it said 6’3″

Is that wrong? The difference is 5mm (0.2 of an inch). You’d have to be feeling pretty lucky to cut it that fine anyway!

onehundredthidiot

leaving their dirty teacup on top of the lockers by the back door

Launch the teacup out the door. No more issue.

jamesoz

Is that wrong? The difference is 5mm (0.2 of an inch). You’d have to be feeling pretty lucky to cut it that fine anyway

Myself and a colleague removed the factory fitted roof rails on a Transit Custom, to get in the height restricted part of a hospital carpark.
    After we had done this, it just fitted.

Of course, by then a space was available in the area with no height restriction.

Had we just waited, no space would have become available, as is the parking in London rule.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 2,760 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.