Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,889 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Poo bags hung on trees in a forest…

Who on earth thinks that’s acceptable?

BruceWee

Race walkers.

I don’t know why. I’ve just always detested seeing race walking on telly or, even worse, seeing race walkers in the wild.

Just run, you morons!

nickc

Who on earth thinks that’s acceptable?

By the amount of them I’ve seen, lot’s of people seem to think it’s acceptable.

v7fmp

Littering in general, but what really takes it up a notch is when i see McDonalds or energy drinks on the side of the road.

You have made a terrible terrible life choice to consume this garbage, but you are that much of a moron you think its acceptable to just throw your empty packaging out of the window.

I do hope and pray that all the sugar, fat and chemicals in your chosen food source kills you quickly.

Mister-P
    Free Member

People who park in parent and child spaces when it’s just them in the car. There’s no reason for me to get annoyed by it as I always park well away from the store entrance because I am capable of walking a few extra metres and I don’t have a small child with me. It’s the sheer laziness that irks me I think.

Dog poo bags and litter make me angry, but that’s perfectly reasonable so those don’t belong on this thread.

martinhutch

Old men whistling in supermarkets. Absolutely enrages me, and I can’t explain it!

Mister-P
    Free Member

People video calling in supermarkets. Do your shopping and get out of my way you bumbling idiots.

lamp
    Free Member

Bad driving
    Inconsiderate behaviour
    Selfish behaviour
    Middle class women (specifically) telling stories about things that have happened to them.
    Middle class parents who go in for reflected glory.

….actually my list could be quite extensive thinking about it.

Dickyboy

Single panniers!

In future I’ll pm you when either I or Mrs db pop out to the shops & you can stay safe indoors.

Bunnyhop

Not stuff but people who don’t give a toss about the environment. They don’t make any effort to recycle, change their very short car journeys when the shop is a few minutes walk away. Don’t make any effort to care about the countryside and keep buying plastic tat and never consider where it goes when their children are fed up with it.

BillMC

People who leave the engine running in a stationary vehicle.
    People who try to jump queues (particularly at airports).
    Loud people in public places.

Dickyboy

Stuff that doesn’t actually perform its primary function well because it’s “designer”
    Things that break irreparably for the want of 5% uplift in manufacturing costs.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

McDonalds/Costa/Starbucks packaging strewn all over the countryside, miles from the nearest outlet. In fact any litter but McDonalds in particular.
    Their customers are all tramps!
    Oh, & deflated helium balloons that aren’t in a bin.

Sandwich

People who make judgements on life choices based on the food/drink/bike of other people.

Most attempt to get the best they can with what they have.

thelawman

Being required to have an opiniin about things I’m stone cold indifferent to, with particular regard to…

…the specific shade of several, very similar, light blue paints that you are trying to decide between. Light blue on the kitchen wall is fine, any of them, honestly.

Oh, and putting crockery etc at the FRONT of the upper rack in the dishwasher, in such a way that I have to move them in order to get other things onto the space now left at the back. Grrrr

montgomery
    Free Member

Dog poo bags and litter make me angry, but that’s perfectly reasonable so those don’t belong on this thread.

See also bad driving, parked cars idling, etc. Anger and irritation are a perfectly reasonable response.

But what about incorrect use of apostrophes, or constantly sniffing rather than blowing your nose?

tthew

I hope this is cathartic, there a few things on this thread that people really shouldn’t be getting riled up by! Think of your blood pressure! 😁

Anyway, mine’s a recycling one too. Unflattened boxes in the cardboard recycling. Yes it’s bloody full 2 days after it was last collected because the boxes from all the Amazon and Hut Group shite you buy is stacked up in the bin like the leaning tower of Pisa!

el_boufador

I don’t think it’s disproportionate to get annoyed by persistently inconsiderate behaviour.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My OHs Project Management skills.

This qualifies as they are so small relative to the ammount of anger they induce in me.

Last year she decided she didn’t like the understairs cupboard (to be fair it was quite nasty with T&G cladding).

But rather than actually have any sort of plan she just half demolished it leaving bits of wood hanging from the staircase/joists that were too securely attached for her, and random nails sticking out the walls.

It then became my fault that I’m neither a carpenter, plasterer or electrician (because the thermostat, HW cylinder and boiler controlls needed moving too as a result), which then meant ripping up the floorboards upstairs. And thus this job has absorbed almost every free weekend I would have had this year in-between working two jobs as I do it, then have to re-do because I haven’t a clue and nothing in the bloody house is square/straight so the stud wall I had to build to hide all the wiring and utilities that were in the cupboard is more shims than studs.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And next doors Dashound.

No it’s not **** cute that it thinks it’s a big dog and barks at everything. It barks at me going out my front door, it barks at me when I’m in the garage, it barks at me in the garden, it barks at me in the conservatory, it barks at me if I’m cooking with the window open.

It’s currently involved in a standoff between me having an aneurysm and it suffering an unfortunate accident.

droplinked

People taking to me from another room.

Being asked to do something that I was just about to do.

Paper straws.

nickc

it thinks it’s a big dog and barks at everything

It’s a dachshund, they do that. It can be trained out of them, but it takes ages, and needs constant repetition training, so folks give up.

johndoh
    Free Member

Not switching the hairdryer off at the socket after use.

Why would that annoy you? There is absolutely no reason to switch them off at the socket after use – they aren’t even a phantom user of electricity.

richmtb

Pavement parking.

There are two ways to do it.

1. Park almost fully on the pavement, almost always blocking the pavement for anyone who might have a pram, wheelchair, mobility issues etc. It’s an utter dick move.

2. Park a bit on the pavement. Well done you are now blocking both the traffic lane and some of the pavement. You’ve helped no one, so just park on the road. Half a car in a traffic lane blocks the lane just as well as a full car in the lane. The utter stupidity of this practice makes my brain hurt thinking about it.

blokeuptheroad

Old men whistling in supermarkets. Absolutely enrages me, and I can’t explain it!

Niche! Very, very niche!

fazzini

Is 48 old?? It may have been me. I apologise. Especially if it was the most common tune to appear in my daily mental playlist – Popcorn…again, i apologise 😉

kayak23

People who ring me. 🖕

nickjb
    Free Member

There is absolutely no reason to switch them off at the socket after use – they aren’t even a phantom user of electricity.

Its a fire risk. Admittedly a small one, but the switch won’t be a well engineered thing so there is a risk of it not being properly switched off or failing. A hairdryer sat on the side running could potentially start a fire. Same goes for hot air guns in workshops. Usually they have a better quality switch but its still a H&S issue

johndoh
    Free Member

Its a fire risk. Admittedly a small one, but the switch won’t be a well engineered thing so there is a risk of it not being properly switched off or failing.

There’s cautious and there’s cautious. In all my like I have never known a hairdrier to spontaneously switch itself on start a fire. I accept they could start a fire *if left on and unattended* but not by switching themselves back on.

Speeder

Pretty much everything I can relate to – especially “hidey tidy” that’s my wife. BMP

but this

jimw
    Not switching the hairdryer off at the socket after use. I have tried all sorts of strategies to encourage this without success.

What?

2tyred

Someone taking a hex key from the hex key set, using it and NOT PUTTING IT BACK.

You could boil cold water with the fury that induces in me.

egb81
    Free Member

People stopping in doorways in busy places. People that can’t walk in a straight line. People who walk slowly. Groups of people having a chat in the middle of the high street pavement so no one can get past. Parking in bus lanes then moaning about traffic and/or that buses are never on time. Double yellow lines apparently meaning park on the pavement. The people who added a load of stuff to my recycling bins last night but put it all in the wrong ones so I had to sort it all again. I could go on and on. So many people failing rule one.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

the regular flashpoints in our house are usually variations on the following

– tidying things away to a different place each time with no consistency or rhyme or reason and then forgetting where they were. if only we just put things in the same place each time!
    – other people watching you tube videos / tik tok / whatever random crap has been whatsapped to them whilst we’re trying to watch a film / TV (see also taking / making phone calls in same situation)
    – inability to sit down an watch a film al the way though without continuous pausing it – fair enough pause it while you nip to the toilet, but do you really need to tidy the kitchen or do a quick hoover of the landing whilst your up or could it wait until after the film?

due to point one, i leave things on the kitchen side to remind me to take back to the workshop after being used before they disappear in to the random tidying black hole – this apparently annoys the other members of the house

johndoh
    Free Member

People that don’t say thank you or even attempt a token acknowledgement when you hold a door open for them. They usually fall in one of two camps; 1 – younger women with painted faces and artificially inflated lips; 2 – anyone over 60.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s cautious and there’s cautious. In all my like I have never known a hairdrier to spontaneously switch itself on start a fire.

It has happened. Believed to be the cause of a recent fire in a barbers in Southwark. 15,000 fires a year started by domestic appliances. Admittedly mostly ovens, and most hairdryer fires are caused by putting a hot hairdryer away in a drawer. Leaving one plugged in is a small risk but an easy one to avoid.

madhouse

Chinese Lanterns – littering, but with fire.
    Mass balloon releases – it’s just littering, but for some reason it’s acceptable if it’s for a good cause.
    Littering in general really.
    People driving about with their fog lights on in summer – I can see you’ve got your sidelights on too, so I know they’re not running lights you f***wit.
    People who get a dog but can’t be arsed to train it. Flip side being I actually went out of my way on a ride to help a lady with a rescue dog that would always bark at bikes, obviously normally it’s a case of bark and it goes away, dog thinks it’s done good, rinse & repeat. So I stopped, chatted and gave the dog a treat, dog now associates bikes with friendly people and doesn’t bark. She’s happy, dog’s happy, bikers are happy. Yay.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s a dachshund, they do that. It can be trained out of them, but it takes ages, and needs constant repetition training, so folks give up.

This one it particular egregious. I came home from 3 months working in a dog shelter with ~100 dogs and thought “this is annoying”.

Coupled with the stereotypical Mediterranean matriarch of the family living with them apparently only having one volume level, a typical exchange goes something like this:

YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP

Ohh FFS will someone shut that dog up (I, along with every other neighbor have sworn over the fence at them about the little shit)

UNINTELIGABLEPORTUGESE/SPANISH/ITALIANSHOUTINGFROMTHEHOUSE

UNINTELIGABLEPORTUGESE/SPANISH/ITALIANSHOUTINGBACKFROMSOMEOTHERROOM

YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP

I’ve not seen them walk the effing thing in 2 years either.

I cut them some slack to let it settle in over lockdown but I’m not going through another summer of not being able to sit in the garden.

hot_fiat

The lack of latch-on capability on british petrol pumps. Nowhere else in the world forbids this. Backpressure sensors have been on pumps since forever and work really well. I don’t see people in other countries spontaneously combusting at the pump while the tank self-fills or evidence of mass spilling events as the tank overflows continuously over the forecourt. Up there with our stupid fused “safety” plugs <kettle on fire in background while 30A main fuse and 13A plug fuse do sweet FA>.

RustySpanner

Poor QC on anything, but particularly expensive stuff:
    Gibson guitars usually look like they’ve been made by a blind alcoholoic.
    They’ve not, they’ve been made by untrained staff on minimum wage in a poorly lit factory WITH NO QC.

Greggs running out of Steak Bakes within an hour of opening.

Husky/Malmute owners who walk around in packs, wearing Hi-Vis jackets and not making eye contact with anyone.

oldtennisshoes

It has happened. Believed to be the cause of a recent fire in a barbers in Southwark. 15,000 fires a year started by domestic appliances. Admittedly mostly ovens, and most hairdryer fires are caused by putting a hot hairdryer away in a drawer. Leaving one plugged in is a small risk but an easy one to avoid.

I put an alexa smart plug on Mrs OTS’ hair straighteners because she was forever worried that she’d forgotten to switch them off.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,889 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.