Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,943 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • Murray

Order status update emails that contain your order number and a link to get the status, but make you re-enter the order number rather than encoding it in the URL

Mister-P
    Free Member

The misuse of it’s to denote possession, especially by people paid to write for a living –

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hutchinson-claims-its-new-blackbird-tyres/

onewheelgood

There used to be a corner of Usenet devoted entirely to people who share your concern – alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe
    It was a fun place to hang out. Come to think of it, this place is similar in many ways.

Cougar

Order status update emails that contain your order number and a link to get the status, but make you re-enter the order number rather than encoding it in the URL

Similarly, automated phone systems which ask you to enter an account number or some such, then when you eventually get through to someone the first thing they do is ask for the same information.

Kramer
    Free Member

Pumps without hoses.

desperatebicycle

automated phone systems which ask you to enter an account number or some such, then when you eventually get through to someone the first thing they do is ask for the same information

Had to phone O2 yesterday about a pay-go SIM. Dial the Pay-go line (cos the online help said they were only for monthly contract SIMS).. automated question “If you’re calling about pay-go press 1, if you’re calling about..etc” I press 1. The rep finally answers, I tell him the issue… “Is this about a monthly contract?” ARRGHGHRGH!
    Also – automated “If you’re calling about the number you are calling on, press 78” .. rep: “what is the number you are calling about?” FFUUUCAAAARGARGHARGHHHH!!!

Cougar

The one I had to make yesterday was to verify an appointment time today. What should have been “hi, my name is [name], I have an appointment tomorrow, can you confirm its time please?” – “Certainly sir, it’s [time]” – “thanks, bye” took four minutes and 35 seconds of navigating the IVR system, giving the same information again to the agent and answering a bunch of security questions.

automated question “If you’re calling about pay-go press 1, if you’re calling about..etc” I press 1.

I’ve often wondered whether you end up on the same support desk regardless of which option you choose.

Flaperon

Vodafone when you call for a billing query: “Please enter the 17 digit account number we gave you once, by email, three years ago into your telephone keypad.”

*jabs number into phone, pausing to memorise the next grouping about half way through*

“Sorry, that number is not recognised. We will now end the call”.

*many hours later when you finally get through*

“Hi. Can I start by taking your account number?”

Also WH Smith, because they’re backwards exploitative predatory price-fixing bastards.

flicker
    Free Member

XXXXtrackworld thread titles.

Makes my teeth itch for some reason. Never open them. Sometimes I see the title and think – yep, I suspect I might have something useful to contribute to that…but see that title – they can get to **** and sort it out by themselves.

#irrationaltrackworld.

Add ‘amusing’ copycat thread titles to that list too.

Any of you with teenage daughters who’ve had that withering look of disdain/contempt from them? Well that’s how the rest of us feel when we spot your comedy thread title.

Just stop it.

fasthaggis

The buckles on my ‘trying too hard to be a hipster’ Millican Satchel.
    Almost every time I use it,there is a silent curse sent out to the muppet that had this design approved. 😒

squirrelking
    Free Member

XXXXtrackworld thread titles.

Makes my teeth itch for some reason. Never open them. Sometimes I see the title and think – yep, I suspect I might have something useful to contribute to that…but see that title – they can get to **** and sort it out by themselves.

#irrationaltrackworld.

Any of you with teenage daughters who’ve had that withering look of disdain/contempt from them? Well that’s how the rest of us feel when we spot your comedy thread title.

Just stop it.

Careful, last time I raised that complaint I earned a rebuke from several members. But seeing as we’re here, add ‘xxxx-ists’ ‘this xxxx’ and ‘what xxxx for xxxx’.

There are memes, then there are tropes and then there is tedious unoriginal nonsense.

Oh and just obscure topic titles in general.

Cougar

I think it’s acceptable, once. When there’s fifteen “hilarious” skits of the same thread it’s about as amusing as a root canal and it becomes a pain in the arse from a Moderation point of view.

IMHO, etc.

ElShalimo

Anyone who uses “sorry, not sorry”

kayak23

People that fail to salute those who are about to rock.

ElShalimo

, paper, scissors?

Cougar

You ever wonder what happened to Roll music?

fasgadh
    Free Member

Ugly cartoons.  Sick of them.

reeksy

Just the sheer thought of someone smoking close enough to my house to be able to smell it.

johnx2
    Free Member

Arm swingers, especially on a station concourse. Please just walk normally.

Also, the apparently able bodied wheelers of small cases, ala the recently fired on the Apprentice. Can’t you just carry it by the handle? Why take up three times the space just for added benefit of an ominous rumble?

There.

Houns

Two of my latest gripes, the first I think everyone should be angry about.

Had 250m^2 of turf delivered yesterday, managed to get pretty much all of it down, however I noticed the rolls had green plastic netting within them. I guessed correctly what it was for, however it’s not biodegradable! Utterly ridiculous and further filling our land with plastics, I hate Astro turf/plastic carpet, yet proper turf still isn’t plastic free!

Plastic netting in turf – A nightmare for wildlife and gardeners

Secondly, when ordering a vegan/veggie sausage sandwich for breakfast in and they serve up a vegetable goujon, instead of a Quorn-alike, and you don’t notice it contains peppers until it’s too late triggering your food intolerance 💩

mattyfez

I hate Astro turf/plastic carpet, yet proper turf still isn’t plastic free!

I uses some when overseeding my lawn, then folded/rolled it up and put it away – it thought it was just to discorage birds from eating all the seeds before they get chance to establish, thenit sould be pulled up?

kayak23

Non-arm swingers.

I’m looking at you Michael Flatley!

Houns

People* reading out the items and descriptions of a food menu to the rest of the party around the table, WHO ALL HAVE A MENU IN FRONT OF THEM.

(*My mum and also the grandma of a family who I’m currently sat by in a pub)

blokeuptheroad

Water. The kind that falls out of the sky. The kind that hasn’t had a day off for what seems like about 7 years, give or take and no sign that it’s going to any time soon.

funkmasterp

Can’t quote but somebody up there mentioned the apprentice. Never really watched it because Alan Sugar but, when he shouts “You’re fired” at someone he doesn’t actually employ. I’d tell him to **** off. It’s a TV show/ridiculously convoluted interview process. How can you run a business Alan when you don’t even understand the fundamentals of employment. Also, either grow a beard or shave that ridiculous shit off your face.

In short, Alan Sugar makes me mad for no reason.

Cougar

People* reading out the items and descriptions of a food menu to the rest of the party around the table, WHO ALL HAVE A MENU IN FRONT OF THEM.

Sitting in a restaurant, faced with a menu full of things I can’t eat.  A cold sweat prickling across my face as I’m feeling deeply self-conscious and uncomfortable.

People then helpfully pointing out things on the menu, “do you eat tuna?  How about mac & cheese?”  I appreciate it’s well-intentioned, I do, but I’m vegetarian not ****ing illiterate.  I want the ground to open up and swallow me, the last thing I want is to be made the centre of attention.

zomg

Michael Flatley

Any crossness even tangentially relating to that **** is not disproportionate. He’s a ******* **** ******* waste of space ****.

sirromj

reeksy

The fact that after a good solid session of exercise I really like to drink beer… And then it makes me feel crap the next day.

Cougar

The words “after a good solid session of exercise” is redundant in that sentence.

reeksy

Yeah but I enjoy it so much more after exercise so it is needed.

ElShalimo

Daytime TV – WTAF??

It’s the same hackneyed format as 30 years ago. What’s the point? Burn them all!!

sirromj

I bet you all love ‘movement snacks’ don’t you?

greyspoke
    Free Member

I bet you all love ‘movement snacks’ don’t you?

Best not to think about movement snacks too hard

fasthaggis

The price of replacement chain rings versus just buying another chainset.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Those who, when using a PowerPoint, or similar,  presentation, insist on reading the bloody slides to you.

And the use of capital letters mid word as above. And the failure to use capitals where needed. Even my local library, which has a stupid name, fails to do so.

Cougar

And the use of capital letters mid word as above.

Amen brother.

Powerpoint, yes.

Power Point, yes.

PowerPoint, get in the ****ing sea.

Cougar

Actually, Powerpoint can **** off generally.  99% of the time it serves no useful purpose.

sirromj

PowerPoint, get in the ****ing sea.

It is (or used to be) a common convention in programming for readability of variable names instead of using underscores (which potentiality increase line length).

CountZero

The clarity of thinking behind parking your car in a location like this. Surely the difficulty in opening your door might have given you a sodding clue! 🤔😖

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,943 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.