Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 1,994 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • MoreCashThanDash

The clarity of thinking behind parking your car in a location like this. Surely the difficulty in opening your door might have given you a sodding clue!

There’s a FB page called Shite Parking Watch UK and I reckon you’d love it!

bearGrease

Nationalism.

mattyfez

‘you can’t park there, mate!’

mattyfez

BBC sounds, and podcasts in general..

I want to listen to something soothing and hopefully learn something at the same time.

So why do they all talk at a million miles an hour? .. A bit like a record on the wrong speed setting.

onehundredthidiot

On that the new(ish) bbc news app. It’s rubbish the old one was better.

nickc

A bit like a record on the wrong speed setting.

You can, you know, alter the speed of the playback…You’ve not accidentally set at 2X speed have you?

blokeuptheroad

You can, you know, alter the speed of the playback…You’ve not accidentally set at 2X speed have you?

I did this. Accidentally set to 1.5X on spotify. I spent the whole of a 2 hour car journey listening to podcasts but thinking ‘I seriously need to cut my caffeine intake, feels like my brain is on fast forward’!

ElShalimo

@mattyfez – he should have gone to Specsavers

ElShalimo

OS Maps app – I’m using the free version but have about 30 paper maps that I can use offline.

However the app seems to prioritise functionality to those who pay to subscribe. My wife has the full version and rarely has issues. I have lots of problems when in areas where I have paid for the paper map. It’s so ****ing annoying. It was the same on my old phone and they’ve just updated the app for improved user experience. Bollocks, the same old issue persists.

Fix your app you muppets

Cougar

@mattyfez – he should have gone to Specsavers

TL;DR – it was intentional, it was staged by Specsavers.

fasgadh
    Free Member

On parking – twospacers, those delightful ‘kendians who carefully leave half a car length in front of them,

kennyp
    Free Member

Bike race route profiles. They are always printed showing the distance gone (for hills, sprints etc), whereas when watching on TV they show the race with the distance still to go.

Okay so all it involves is some simple subtraction, but it still bugs me.

kennyp
    Free Member

However the app seems to prioritise functionality to those who pay to subscribe.

Can you think of maybe one teensy-weensy reason why that might be???  (-:

ElShalimo

I know but my paper maps cost a hell of lot more than the annual subscription

fazzini

Car drivers who set off across zebra crossings the millisecond a pedestrian has taken one step across the halfway mark.

Sainsburys self-checkouts… The most unresponsive touchscreen device in the known and unknown universe.

kennyp
    Free Member

I know but my paper maps cost a hell of lot more than the annual subscription

A very fair point. You could also argue that as a national service (like the Met Office, NHS etc) it should be free, especially as it could be a life saver.

Flaperon

The humanitarian aid posters above the urinals in motorway services. Not because of the cause (which is important and valid and just) but because they use a first name as an example in “thousands of girls like Shahida”, but then tack a note on the bottom to say “Name has been changed to protect privacy”.

It’s a first name. If anything you’ve made it worse by making everyone who has the new first name the focus.

I appreciate this is an irrational and petty dislike, but that’s what this forum- uh, thread is for.

nickewen
    Free Member

Those plastic bait boxes on the side of the new defender. Don’t know why but every time I drive past one with them I end up spitting at the inside of my windscreen swearing!

ElShalimo

I thought they were first aid kits

kayak23

I thought they were first aid kits

Nah, they drive Chevys.

Cougar

The humanitarian aid posters above the urinals in motorway services.

We must be going to different services, the last time I was in one they were advertising treatment for erectile disfunction.  Which, really, is the last thing most people want in the gents.

onehundredthidiot

The utter cockwombles having lunch near us at the Clachan inn. I don’t care that you’re absolutely minted, or that Barnaby is just coming to terms with how privileged he is but you did when you were 14. Or that Farquhar is sooo lovely but obviously gay. Or indeed you are planning to run across the US west to east in 6months. But how can we do long haul holidays and care for the planet? Oh you’re so right, we’re only here for 80 years so deserve to see as much as we can.
    I do hope that the great waitress spat in your oysters and rubbed the pork rib eye on the floor as there is no need to be so dismissive of another human being. “Another one of those” is not an answer to “are you enjoying your meal, can I get you anything else”.

ElShalimo

People who drive huge American pick-up trucks in the UK. There’s a couple around here. Noisy massive stupid look at me pieces of crap that take up the entire road.

Ditto any Harley Davidson. Pathetic noisy, fat, slow, lazy bikes for …well you can finish that sentence

billabong987

People who are constantly negative and moan about things. I get the need to vent but it gets rather annoying after a while. If it’s something you can can personally affect then go do something, if not shut up.

Yes I get the irony of me having a moan online about it.

MoreCashThanDash

We must be going to different services, the last time I was in one they were advertising treatment for erectile disfunction.  Which, really, is the last thing most people want in the gents.

I mean, to be fair, if the alternative were to happen in the gents…….

mattyfez

Yes I get the irony of me having a moan online about it.

In a thread titled Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross, no less! 🙂

dafoj
    Free Member

That 3 in 1 oil no longer comes in those metal cans, which make that satisfying bacco bacco sound as you squeeze to get the couple of drips that you need.

mashr

**** IT systems, 2 so far this week

1. Esure. Login page > we’ve sent you a link > click link > Login page > we’ve sent you a link > click link > Login page
    we’ve sent you…
    2. Barclays. “Need you to go onto the app and setup an account using this method” > App doesn’t allow that > “Can you try another way?” > No as they all need specific details > confusion and silence

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve probably said this before but the use of hey (or even worse hey!) as the opening to a work email.  Well any communication at all really.  Pretend you are a grown up talking to another grown up please.

reeksy

… I mean why bother posting that you’re leaving the forum? Just go.

pisco

reeksyFull Member
    … I mean why bother posting that you’re leaving the forum? Just go.

Normally I’d agree, but in this case, it highlighted an issue which was subsequently addressed, so it was worthwhile.

Kramer
    Free Member

Non-prescribing professions allied to medicine sending patients to me with ridiculous requests for prescriptions, therefore proving why they haven’t got prescribing rights in the first place.

See also complimentary therapists suggesting “a scan”.

blokeuptheroad

Courier companies who make you waste a whole day, when you’ve got much better things to do.  Waiting in to sign for a parcel which they can’t be arsed to deliver.  Fedex  w⚓️rs! 😡

fazzini

Dentist’s receptionists who, in a room fill of people, ‘announce’ your full name, DOB, home address and phone number at decibels equivalent to a jumbo jet taking off. Tbf, I’m not sure the window cleaner up a ladder 3 streets away quite caught that…could you just say it again…oh you could. Thanks.

zomg

Tissues, generally.
    Tissues in the washing machine, specifically.

mattyfez

Tissues, generally.
    Tissues in the washing machine, specifically.

Non-absorbant tissues… like the kind you get in dispensers in cafes/food outlets…its like waxed paper, why even bother?

Cougar

See also complimentary therapists

You could’ve stopped there.

There’s no such thing as “alternative medicine” and it’s high time we stopped legitimising quackery as such.  Either you’re selling medicine, or you’re selling thoughts and prayers and a nice air freshener.

didnthurt

Trying to setup, play and police the kid’s accounts on the Nintendo Switch and Xbox.

I’ve spent hours trying to transfer Fortnite and Minecraft accounts between the two 😢

johncoventry

Cars parked partially on the pavement.
    Cars on the road can’t get past when another car is coming the other way and the pavement is blocked.

So just park fully on the road and leave the pavement clear.

theotherjonv

People that think that science or medicine is ‘done’ – the day you think that is the day something comes along to make you rethink.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 1,994 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.