Home Forums Bike Forum Sram Code R Hose Replacement

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sram Code R Hose Replacement
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

I need to get a longer hose on a recently bought code r rear brake.
    What do i need as the sram kits seem expensive (£40) for some cable and a couple of olives and barbs or am i just being a cheapskate?!

shanner
    Free Member

The code r and code rsc calipers are the same and use a specific banjo bolt that you won’t find anywhere else I’m afraid.

I run code rsc brakes and have went through the same search for a cheaper alternative but the original sram hose is your only option.

I’m sure you know it but here is the part number just incase 00.5016.168.170

I haven’t bought any since brexit but they are cheaper on the euro/German stores.

binman

Shanner is quite right, but I have used a Guide hose / banjo / bolt on a Code caliper and didn’t die.

DickBarton

I’ve the hose, just not the bit that attaches hose to ‘bit’ and then ‘bit’ to caliper…did some searching and could only find the SRAM kit which includes the hose…I’m too tight to pay it so haven’t replaced it yet.

binman

Bit = banjo bolt ?

DickBarton

If that is what it is called, yeah…the bit the hose goes into and it joins and that bit then goes in/plugs in to caliper.

For some reason I didn’t think that was called a banjo as it seems to be different to other attachments that I’ve seen/used.

dknwhy

The banjo bolt has a threaded end so with some care, you can twist them (anti-clockwise) from your old hose and re-use them. Have just done this on my SRAM road brakes.

asbrooks

I can’t comment on the these Linky but they are just under £27 for the kit.

asbrooks

Also found this too Linky

skybluestu
    Free Member

I had found those links too but they only state for guide and not code. Do you think there is any difference at all?

asbrooks

@skybluestu… Hmm, I have no idea, it would be stupid od SRAM to do that

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Buy a broken g2 brake and use the hose from that. Must be the cheapest way.

binman

If that is what it is called, yeah…the bit the hose goes into and it joins and that bit then goes in/plugs in to caliper.

For some reason I didn’t think that was called a banjo as it seems to be different to other attachments that I’ve seen/used.

Code and Guide hose fittings are very different.

Code and Level are possibly the same ?

I am confused by your description, has someone cut the hose at the caliper end to remove it from the frame, so you have a hose with no caliper end fittings ? ?

skybluestu
    Free Member

Ive bought a second hand lever and brake but the hose is too short for my bike, hence need to get a new longer one. The banjo fitting at the caliper end is pre fitted only as far as i can tell hence why i cant just buy hose and fittings separately

DickBarton

For me – someone crashed and the hose got ripped out…brakes got replaced But the existing kit for removed, put in a box and handed to me…so the banjo is missing on the rear brake but front is fine and hose length on rear will fit on bike it could go on but the banjo bit is missing and doesn’t seem to be available on its own.

Poopscoop

I’m amazed that there isn’t something on the market to join 2 lengths of brakes lines together in order to lengthen them. There is on motorbikes… I think?

Or is such a thing available for cycles too?

asbrooks

looks like someone asked the same question 7 months ago linky , Superstar do a hose fitting kit linky which is said to fit

binman

I did ask the question a few months ago, ended up buying a new hose (pre-brexit) from Germany. They come with Level fittings too, so I sold the nut / lever rubber on eBay to make some money back.

Always hang onto the old rear hose as you can move it on as a long front hose..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sram Code R Hose Replacement’ is closed to new replies.