Home Forums Chat Forum Sports Massage

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sports Massage
  • Caher

I’ve been a little overdoing it lately in terms of sports between weights and cycling that even a swim and a bucket of cod liver oil is no longer working so I am thinking about getting a sports massage. How do I find a good one? Google for 5-star ratings? Ask around? Any to look out for – key terms – deep tissue?

nickingsley

I would definitely ask around for recommendations.

If you gave your approximate location, I am sure STWers would make some positive suggestions.

eg in west Manchester I can highly recommend Duncan Mason and his team at Athlete Matters, Worsley. They are very good and you’ll know about it!

Caher

West of Ireland at the moment so more interested in recognising the right buzz words and therapies.

lunge

Recommendations are what you need as I’ve had both very good and very average.

If you have any local amateur sports clubs (cycling, running, anything really) then post on their Facebook page and ask for recommendations from them.

butcher

Doesn’t really answer your question but given it’s something you benefit from doing quite regular a combination of foam roller and massage gun can work wonders.

nickingsley

so more interested in recognising the right buzz words and therapies

In my view the difference between a good and an average physio is the diagnosis of the what the underlying issues are.

MoreCashThanDash

Local sports clubs will be the place to ask. Admittedly our club has a member who is a sports massage therapist, so self selecting

Caher

Found one, thanks – going Wednesday. Suppose i’d better have a shower.

oldnick

Speaking as an ex sports massage therapist – yes – please do have a shower. Also wear some pants with the original number of holes in them. And please don’t eat a very spicy meal with copious beer the day before.

Enjoy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.