Home Forums Bike Forum Spada MTB gear , any good?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spada MTB gear , any good?
  • oldfart

Prices seem bargaintastic but is it cheap but not cheerful?

alanl
    Free Member

I used one of their Topo long sleeved jerseys yesterday. Nice soft fabric, fits, cannot complain, £14.99 + postage. Very much like one from DHB I use regularly, that is 3x the price. Actually, having just googled, they are £50 at RRP, so I wouldnt be surprised if they were from the same factory as the DHB ones.
    MTB Topo Thermo Olive Green Long Sleeve Jersey Shirt
    Oh, and I dont know what the thermo is in the description, maybe a slightly thicker fabric than the £11 ones? It was fine yesterday at a damp but warm Whinlatter.

R.lepecha

I’ve got one of their Whistler jerseys. I think those are the cheapest they do right now.

It seems fairly decent. Comfortable & well fitting. 

The only thing I’d say is the material appears to be prone to becoming statically charged. It’s not a problem as such but I’ve not seen the same recently on other new jerseys like the cheap Scott Trail ones from Start Fitness.

Watty

Spada make/made reasonably priced motorbike clothing. In fact I have a pair of their waterproof textile winter gloves that I use on the pushbike in inclement weather. Cheap AND cheerful I’d say.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I bought a jersey from their stand at the Malverns yesterday. Seems good for the money, if a little short in the body (of course that could just be because I’m a little round in the body )

fatface1
    Free Member

They started as a budget motorcycle clothing seller 15-20 years ago if I remember correctly. Recently they’ve definitely upped their game: I looked at their stall at the recent MCN show and the clothing was better designed and better quality.

Their MTB gear is probably worth a look.

_tom_
    Free Member

What’s the sizing like on the Whistler jerseys, does it match up with the size chart? Thinking about getting a couple, not sure if a cycling specific one would really be any better than some of the £6 wicking “fitness T-shirts” that decathlon sells though?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.