Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 264 total)
  • South Downs Way Triple attempt starting shortly.
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Now showing live on mine again.

The quickest and easiest way to find out where he is is to hover over the graph at the bottom at the far right hand side of the graph, it then puts a red dot on the map which is where he is.

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s a hearty ride, hat’s off to him. My head couldn’t do that even if my legs could.

grazedknees
    Free Member

Yeee haa! Richard managed to get to Eastbourne in 22.55. I believe That puts him at the top of the leader board. Big smiles. He passed the Dr test, and with a huge whoop and a smile the size of the Solent he has turned round and gone over the brow of the hill. go Richard!!!!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Great stuff!

Anne, have you managed to infiltrate his brain with more terrible music?

superfli
    Free Member

Fk me, it seems like ages since I started watching his progress! A day at work, eve, a sleep, and he’s still going, and will be until this eve 😯
    HUGE RESPECT!

JRTG
    Free Member

He doing amazingly well. Great pace, heading up on the hills soon, will look out for him!

wisepranker
    Free Member

The man’s quite clearly insane!

nsaints
    Free Member

HUGE RESPECT!

+1

Keep going Richard, you can do it

I’m keeping a close eye on progress whilst running a huge update of contracts into SAP. I’ve just rewritten my script so it’s running faster…Richards still going to cross the finish line ahead of me

cakefest
    Free Member

Stunning effort, Richard. Savour every little bit. This is living.

MarkSS
    Free Member

Awesome stuff.

“Because its there” – that’s the spirit.

Cheezpleez

Seriously impressive! Go on mate, keep those pedals turning!

Taff
    Free Member

Glad to hear he’s got through the night ok.

Napalm
    Free Member

It looks to me that the Endomondo graph is not recording his current progress and that Richard’s still in Eastbourne.

Can anyone confirm that he’s still moving and what time he might hit Firle Beacon?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

His schedule for Firle Beacon is shortly after 8am. Looks like he is maybe 15-20 mins ahead of schedule at Eastbourne.

Latest tweets confirmed he’d left Eastbourne, I think Endomondo updates in chunks rather than continuously, so I doubt he’s stopped.

muddy@rseguy

Well it looks like he’s either started or is just about to start the return leg from Eastbourne…good going 🙂

(bit difficult to get the map update thingy to work)

Bet he’s going to enjoy the long downhill into Southease today 8)

Napalm
    Free Member

Ok, the graph has updated.

I do find hitting F5 very refreshing.

singletrackmind

So he is , I think , the third fastest ‘Double – Supported’ rider after Mike Cotty and Neil Newell. After holding back on the gas and keeping a reserve for another 100 mile ride!
    Is Richard a machine? Is he actually on a Puch maxi 50 ? Can anyone confirm he is not on a tandem with Jan Ulrich as stoker .
    Clearly super fit and super fast . Riding one way in a paltry 13 hrs left me pretty much destroyed so i dont know how you mentally prepare for the pain this must put you through .
    You can tell from the earlier posts who has ridden alot of the SDW and who hasnt .

Is anyone heading up on to the Downs ( who is fast enough to keep up ) to give him a load of encouragement / stop him nodding off ?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

And now its updated, he’s climbing out of Jevington.

Napalm
    Free Member

OK heading off shortly to meet him somewhere around Itford Hill.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Good luck Simon. I am meeting him at Bury, if you’re still there I’ll see you too. Seriously worried that he’ll be too fast for me even after 250 miles!

njee20
    Free Member

So he is , I think , the third fastest ‘Double – Supported’ rider after Mike Cotty and Neil Newell. After holding back on the gas and keeping a reserve for another 100 mile ride!

Not detracting in any way, because it’s a storming effort, but that’s more because folk focused on doing it unsupported!

wwaswas

Fantastic ride. I just can’t imagine having the stamina to do this

splashdown
    Free Member

Sorry if this has already been posted…

More information available here http://www.sterry.org/

In addition to an amazing effort he’s also hoping to raise funds for a couple of charities

Donated 😀

iomnigel
    Free Member

Go on lad! Amazing feat of endurance stamina and mental strength. When will the first 36hr MTB race start??

richen987
    Free Member

Woke up and he is on third leg! Cracking effort keep pushing!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Good effort. Makes my Trans-Cambrian Way ITT tomorrow pale into insignificance…

And, am I the only one who sniggered at this:

his six pack dropping into cocking

😉

Napalm
    Free Member

I’m at Itford Hill, lots of offroad relay runners & no cyclists. Has he gone past already?

JoB
    Free Member

he should be right with you Napalm

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Saw him about 30mins ago around Bo Peep, still looking strong. Amazing effort!

spooky_b329

Now shows him on the swing bridge at Southease, so if you ain’t seen him yet Napalm, I think you’ve missed him!

Napalm
    Free Member

He shot past with one support rider; now waiting outside Kiri Te Kanawa’s house to see him again & maybe follow. By eck they look fast & fresh.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Top banana! Took me 14hrs 35 just to do it one way and I was broken for a month afterwards.

Napalm
    Free Member

Lots of walkers – Duke of Edinburgh event – here they come now.

Napalm
    Free Member

2 weary cyclists just gone past; but it wasn’t Richard, here he comes =1 now. Soon to hit yellow brick road.

Napalm
    Free Member

Support rider has front flat, I’m waiting for him (Simon) as he’ll get lost here. Richard about to drop to support car onA27 bridge.

jet26
    Free Member

Impressive – very impressive!

Matt24k
    Free Member

Is it just me or is the Endomondo thing really that frustrating to use. Every time I zoom in to try and get a fix on our man it zooms back out again. That aside what a fantastic effort and I hope the weather and walkers stay kind.

spooky_b329

I moaned about this earlier, the tip given was to hover the mouse over the route profile and it will highlight on the map. So move to the end of the profile and it will show his position.

cakefest
    Free Member

can’t see route profile in Endomondo to find where he is. do i need to create a login or something?

tenfoot

Massive respect to this man. Fantastic effort.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way Triple attempt starting shortly.’ is closed to new replies.