Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 264 total)
  • South Downs Way Triple attempt starting shortly.
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

Chapeau for this chap. More power to his pedals. A superhuman feat.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Here’s the Endomondo link that was given about 4 pages back on the thread so could do with re posting:
    http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/60289217
    As mentioned above by spooky_b329 if you hover your cursor of the end of the profile graph a red dot shows on the map for his current position.
    It looks like he has 70 miles to go.

faz083
    Free Member

235 miles in 28 hours. That’s amazing.

m1kea
    Free Member

I popped out to get some snaps

Richard crossing Southease bridge on the way back

Pit stop at Housedean Farm on the A27

Plumpton Bostal

m1kea
    Free Member

More

Turning past Jack & Jill

Coming down to Saddlescombe

Ricahrd & Josh Ibbett at the Saddlescombe pitstop

Apparently Josh has done a ride or two himself? 😉

Strapping up for the climb to Devils Dyke.

When I left them at 11:30 he was still averaging 7.7mph. Some other guys joined him at that point and I hope others will get out there as well.

Plus, put your hands in your pockets and donate a bit.

cinnamon_girl

Blimey 😯

Go that man! Brilliant stuff.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Link to Just Giving page
    http://www.justgiving.com/teams/southdownstriple
    I don’t know Richard but I am inspired by this ride.

smiff
    Free Member

that’s awesome. good support team essential. he runs a lot of sag in his forks. hardtail so his arse must be taking a pounding…

m1kea
    Free Member

that’s awesome. good support team essential. he runs a lot of sag in his forks. hardtail so his arse must be taking a pounding…

He had a ‘Assos creme’ moment at Housdean but I didn’t snap that! 😆

His support are also pretty tired and speaking with other long distance / duration competitors, it’s vital to have a good crew and that they stay fresh as well.

Gee them up to if you get out to watch the final 6 hours or so.

zippykona

I can’t even ride to work on a hardtail.
    Super bloody human. Man of the year etc.

piha
    Free Member

That is a monster effort, well done that man!

john_l
    Free Member

Looks like he’s just crossed the A24.

Rode with him with a few others from Saddlescombe (up there) to the Adur – still smiling & riding well.

Fantastic ride!

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the Wessex way double (2×150 miles)has ever been attempted?

grazedknees
    Free Member

Hi all. Just left Bury, all going well aside from gps batteries so there’s a new Endmondo route for you all. Follow Richard here http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/user/4762822

smiff
    Free Member

haha great stuff. i might cheer him as he goes through QECP again this evening.
    i find this quite incredible, I have done the SDW a few times very slowly but i don’t normally ride longer than 4 hours, can’t imagine 36 hours… would definitely be asking for that Ass Cream after 6 or so and no longer able to steer a straight line in probably 12.
    that extreme long distance stuff is a completely different sport. is he enjoying it or just wanting to stop?

muddy@rseguy

Managed to catch up with Richard and two other support riders on the SDW from just before Chantry hill above Storrington to Amberley mount. He is seriously trucking along especially when you consider the distance already covered, looks very focused and obviously not wanting to chat. The group did say they really appreciate all the support that he’s getting out on twitter and the Internet.

Mighty 8)

Napalm
    Free Member

Rode with Richard from Itford Hill to the Adur – seems focussed & calm. He’s only going to go and do this isn’t he?
    The sun’s out now & I’m full of cheese on toast. Richard says he’s looking forward to a pint; reckon he’s earned it.
    Godspeed.

jimification
    Free Member

Rode with him yesterday morning from Chanctonbury to Amberly. Glad to see he’s still hammering along nicely! He’s got the wind behind him now too.

allthepies
    Free Member

Not too far to go now, once he’s cleared Butser then it’s the home leg.

muddy@rseguy

Big apologies to all on STW, I clean forgot to ask what tyres he is using. 😉

m1kea
    Free Member

Big apologies to all on STW, I clean forgot to ask what tyres he is using.

Kenda Small Block from what I can read off my snaps 😀

spooky_b329

Ha…I’ve been wondering why he’s been stuck nr Bury the last few times I’ve checked Endomondo…got to change the day, doh!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Haha I made the same mistake 🙂

muddy@rseguy

Looks like he’s just about to go up Butser Hill, the last big climb of the day.

allthepies
    Free Member

Don’t envy him that Butser climb but once done then he’s homeward bound.

dobo
    Free Member

he maybe having a pitstop at qecp, that climbs a beast and maybe thinking hes almost home but theres still some hills to go and i hate to say it posibility of rain.

dobo
    Free Member

hes over butser, i bet that one hurt, looks like hes just trucking on again!

allthepies
    Free Member

Looked like a push up butser from the speed but he’s crested it now!

dobo
    Free Member

maybe spun out on a granny but if hes sensible he walked 🙂 last thing he needs is to go anaerobic up a huge hill during a 300 mile endurance event 😉

nosherduke996
    Free Member

I am from the same cycle club as Richard and there is no way he will walk any of it.

allthepies
    Free Member

After over 250 miles and faced with a very steep hill he may not have any say in the matter 🙂

grazedknees
    Free Member

A quick update from the support crew – he’s left QE2 and going great guns. We’re happy cos the cafe was open and We’ve all had tea 🙂
    Follow him here… http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/user/4762822

dobo
    Free Member

i think hes sped up? clearly he should be doing 4 laps 😉

nosherduke996
    Free Member

After over 250 miles an

d faced with a very steep hill he may not have

any say in the matter[/quote]

This guy is a machine. He even goes out with the roadies on his mtb. and can average 16mph.

cinnamon_girl

How are the weather conditions there?

m1kea
    Free Member

Looks like late teens temps and the easterly wind continues.

Now on last major climb.

cinnamon_girl

Old Winchester Hill done and dusted.

richen987
    Free Member

Pretty much there, amazing ride, hats off to the fellow

weeksy

Wow…. impressed. Been out all day at Fod… so not seen teh updates..

Respect to the guy.

Matt24k
    Free Member

His average speed is going up. Has he got a lead out man for the sprint finish? 🙂
    Keep going, the end is in sight.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way Triple attempt starting shortly.’ is closed to new replies.