Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 625 total)
  • Son in hospital in a coma
  • oldnpastit

I don’t know if posting this is the right thing to do, but I’m going to anyway.

Earlier this morning one of my sons threw
    himself off a railway bridge in an attempt to kill himself, which was almost successful.

His head injuries are described as “catastrophic”; that word does not really convey the full sense of stomach churning sickness I feel when I see him. I have to be realistic: while there’s always hope, it’s looking pretty bleak right now. What’s really sad is that he could never see how much he had to live for.

I’m posting partly becuse he always tried to keep things secret and pretend everything was “fine”. It wasn’t. And partly for any other parents out there with children with what seems to have been clinical depression; it’s not easy.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

There are no words that will make you feel any better. Look after yourself.

jkomo

I’m so sorry.

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, the poor lad and what a shock for you. Be there with him and comfort him.

Sorry, don’t know what else to say. Take care.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

🙁

Sorry. That’s about all I’ve got.

🙁

tang
    Free Member

That’s awful, heart goes out to you. Take care.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I just logged onto STW and read this.

I’m so sorry. I don’t know what else to say.

I wish I could send you strength right now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My heart goes out for you and your family at this time.

qtip

Can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through. Take care.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That is a tragically sad thing to read. The only useful advice I can give is not to shut people out or think you need to carry on alone. if you’ve friends and/or family nearby that want to take care of the day to day stuff, have a chat or otherwise help out in someway. Let them help, you’ve got enough going on.

gozarch
    Free Member

Nothing even remotely adequate I can say other than to send best wishes to you and your family and to hope for a positive outcome. Take care x

chipster

Bugger.
    Try to be strong.
    Keep typing, if you feel like it.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Best wishes. Will be thinking of you tonight for sure.

MrOvershoot

Nothing I’m going to type is going to take the pain away, don’t try to make sense of it and just hope it gets better.
    I have experienced similar things twice in the last 15 years. Don’t blame yourself and take every hug going, I needed every one to get me through the days following.

Philby

Thoughts go out to you! Take care and hope your family and close friends can all support each other at this devastating time.

iolo
    Free Member

How awful for you and your boy.
    My thoughts are with you.
    When he pulls through don’t blame him. It’s not his fault. He obviously has some serious problems that need addressing. If you don’t get any joy with the NHS go private. I was sectioned for trying to kill myself. I’m so glad I didn’t and when junior gets better he’ll be glad he’s still alive.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blimey.

Well I always steer clear of threads like this on here because I simply do not have the words nor sympathy of feeling you might need (or not, I really don’t know)

But.

That’s a very sad situation for you and your family.

Genuine sympathy.

Northwind

Can’t imagine what you must be feeling- best of luck to all of you, sounds like you deserve it

monkeychild
    Free Member

I really don’t know what to say as I can’t imagine how you are feeling. All I can do is send you a whole load of positive vibes and know that I am hoping you get through this ok.

aP
    Free Member

Oh my.
    I’m so sorry, if there’s something I can do to help let me know.
    Fingers crossed.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You spend your parental life trying to protect your children but i guess somethings will always escape us and be beyond our help. Hopefully there will be a positive outcome for your family.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bad times. Sincere best wishes to you and your family.

Cougar

I don’t have words beyond, thoughts are with you. I lost a close friend in similar circumstance.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

Oh dear jesus what you both must be going through, what can anyone say?

Lost a son once, know what you’re going through, my sympathies.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I can’t say much more than the above have done – but if there’s anything you need of me, just ask.

All my love,
    Sam, Bradford.

nickc

thoughts (for what they are worth) will be with you tonight.

richpips
    Free Member

Best wishes to you and your family.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for all of you – very brave for posting and sharing – thank you for doing so as it will help others

bazwadah
    Free Member

As a parent this is very difficult just to read about, let alone experience first-hand as you have. My thoughts are with you and your son.

batfink
    Free Member

man, that’s so sad.

However dark things get, you WILL make it through this.

chip
    Free Member

Wishing for a positive outcome for your son and my thoughts are with you and your family.

rmgdsc76
    Free Member

Thinking about you and your family.

jamj1974

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care.

Jay

bigblackshed

Errmm……. Don’t really know what to say. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. Thoughts go out to you and your family.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m so sorry

paddy0091
    Free Member

My words cannot offer much support, but thinking of you, your family and your son.

rickmeister

Im sure our fantastic NHS staff will do the very best for your son and help you through to what I hope will be a good outcome…

Fingers crossed..

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Stay strong.

G

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Good luck to your son, yourself and your family.

timraven

I can only add that I sincerely hope that it all works out for you and yours.

Good luck.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 625 total)

The topic ‘Son in hospital in a coma’ is closed to new replies.