Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • meesterbond

We won, but we played atrociously. Some moments of magic but with the team we have we shouldn’t be 3-1 down to Huddersfield!

This ‘fine run of home form’ is covering up some pretty poor performances. We tried to gift Fulham a 3 goal lead before starting to play and even then we weren’t great – Fulham looked completely toothless. More of the same when Newcastle visited. Thankfully I didn’t go to Palace, Cardiff or Wolves.

As for Huddersfield, as exciting as it was and we must have had 80% possession, we scored from 4 set pieces (I think)… the last goal from open play I remember was Rice’s goal against Arsenal in January.

3 new strikers, a backup right back and a replacement for Noble in the middle needed in the summer.

Cletus

So city for the cup then, if you can’t bend the rules on buying players just spend it on the ref’s

Seriously!??!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The emoji means I assume he’s not serious! Hope Wolves avoid City in the semis.

mrmoofo

Mikewsmith … do you only sing when you are winning?
    When ManYoo has more cash than anyone else it was never a problem …

binners

We looked nackered today. Totally outplayed by Wolves, who were brilliant and deserved the win. The way they’re playing at the moment I genuinely think they could win the FA Cup this season. They’re a quality side

PiknMix
    Free Member

3 new strikers, a backup right back and a replacement for Noble in the middle needed in the summer.

I never though I would see the day that Mr West Ham would need replacing but we are definitely there. I’m hearing we have a decent budget for the summer window.

Thankfully I didn’t go to Palace, Cardiff or Wolves.

Probably for the best hey 😉

meesterbond

I never though I would see the day that Mr West Ham would need replacing but we are definitely there. I’m hearing we have a decent budget for the summer window.

He’ll still do a job and run himself into the ground… unfortunately that now happens after an hour rather than 90 mins. We looked a lot better when he was replaced by Nasri yesterday.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mikewsmith … do you only sing when you are winning?
    When ManYoo has more cash than anyone else it was never a problem …

Not sure who you think I’m supporting here, just makinng sarcastic comments about the state of FFP and lack of VAR at swansea 🙂

Only drawing this weekend for our lot but a much better performance away from home

theotherjonv

Ach, who’d be a goalkeeper! Only mistake all game.

weeksy

Bit lucky to get away with the points. But keeping the results coming, so all good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This is going to be a tense shoot out!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So
    Watford vs Wolves
    Man City vs Brighton

anyone not betting on city?

Haze

City obviously the favourites but would love Wolves to win it if they can get past Watford…

binners

After yesterday’s performance and seeing how well they’ve played recently, I’ve had a punt on Wolves

Wolves v Watford should be a cracking game!

Anyone watching Chelski? They were all over Everton first half but didn’t score. They’re now getting battered by them second half 😂

To quote the old cliche: a proper ‘game of two halves’. Everton didn’t turn up for the first 45, then they’re two up

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

No easy games in international football. Except Scotland at home. Shambles!

binners

I bloody hate the international break! Its invariably when your in-form striker pulls up with a hamstring injury, half way through some meaningless friendly that’ll keep him out for the rest of the season

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Or they do what their club bosses tell them and turn up with a torn fingernail requiring r and r during the international break to be in peak condition for the first match directly after. See Trent A-A, Rashford, Sterling this week….. Fergie was a master of it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47667239

Great video of having the ref’s on mic for the game down in Oz, would be great to here in the PL though might need the old 3s delay

binners

Fergie was indeed the master of the phantom injury, with subsequent miraculous recovery in time for the next premiership game

But there was a very good reason for that. You have to put that in the context of the frankly disgusting way that both Becks and Neville were hung out to dry by Engerland, where the philosophy at OT was one, quite justifiably IMHO, of **** the FA and **** Engerland.

Scholes made it quite clear, with his early International retirement, he wanted nothing more to do with the national squad after that circus

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So predictions?

How many under 21’s to score?

England win for me and I think some really solid performances with the number of good players around

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nice one Sterling 🙂 great build up there and passing

theotherjonv

what bollocks Hoddle talks…..doesn’t think it’s a penalty because Sterling’s not going to get there. So any off the ball foul doesn’t count because the player wasn’t about to win the ball?

He was absolutely and illegally sandwiched by two defenders stepping into his path. Clear pen.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, is t here somebody who can sign hoddle off for a bit longer!!

Nice and patient for England, finding their feet a little again but coming into it well, it’s very nice to not be worrying too much when somebody goes off as there are 2 or 3 behind to fill the gap

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A lot of the older pundits still live in their day, that would be been the case when Hoddle was playing.

Being fouled going away from goal in the box wasn’t a penalty when I was playing!.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah the summing up at half time sums it up, neither completely fouled him but they did together.

Think I said it above somewhere, they need to show some of these things to players, managers and pundits each month to remind them what is what.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What a finish!!

theotherjonv

great driving run by Barkley, thought he was going to just run into traffic but picked a pass just at the right time

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can I just say you will win nothing with kids 😉

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Or with that clown Pickford in goals.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I’ll give Montenegro points for a proper anthem!! Kind of one that needs marching and some big missiles on parade.

theotherjonv

I just logged on to post exactly that!! Proper Eastern European roll the tanks out stuff!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well that makes it interesting for a bit

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

\devils advocate on that one I’d say they are probably working on the advice of lawyers in terms of not singing a lot of cash – it will have a bearing on who’s insurance covers it too.
    In many ways I would have thought they could have sat down behind closed doors and sorted it out though.

As for England woken up a bit!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In many ways I would have thought they could have sat down behind closed doors and sorted it out though.

100%.

mefty
    Free Member

New Spurs stadium looks amazing based on photos from trial event.

senorj

It is indeed an amazing piece of construction.I cycle past it quite regularly and they still hadn’t finished the exterior cladding on the south side a week ago!The glass bar looks mental – seen a couple of vids from a bloke who did some work there.

theotherjonv

It does look amazing – I might have to remortgage to go and watch a game there (don’t know how much tickets will be, would hope with 62,000 seats it won’t be hard to get one)

avdave2

Well they’ve gone for the Norway plus deal in Manchester

theotherjonv

Bloody immigrants taking jobs honest British managers could do.

I demand Pardew be offered it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.