Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As an Arsenal fan I’m pleased Ole has got the job

Ro5ey
    Free Member

As a Spurs fan I’m pleased Ole has got the job.

Now Real can come in and swap Poch/Ericsson for Bale and 200m … LOL … joke

It would have to be a whole lot more for Poch.

Cletus

As a City fan United appointing this guy makes me worry less about them as a long term rival than if they had appointed someone like Poch. United’s managers since Ferguson make an interesting study.

Moyes was a manager in Fergie’s own image but he was left a declining team and had a hard act to follow. I think he still has something to offer the English game though.

LVG was technically a very good coach but maybe past his best when appointed and was too cautious.

Mourinho had a good record but was too egotistical as should have been evident from his tenures at RM and Chelsea last time round.

OGS prodigal son returning but anyone who was positive and enthusiastic should have been able to get a tune out of United’s players once the gloom of the Special One’s reign was lifted. I do not see him being able to compete with the likes of Pep and Poch. If he is still manager at in two years time I will be surprised.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Kind of agree with you Cletus and as a fan of ABU I’d prefer him over Poch. I think they will struggle a bit when teams sit in like Wolves did recently and they’re unable to counter attack. The summer transfer window will be revealing in this respect – reckon they could do with a creative midfielder. Few rumours about that Pogba fancies a move too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A very harsh ending for Spurs there, but as always seems to be the way titles are won in the minutes after the 90, it’s about how deep you can dig some days.
    The City Spurs triple bill should be interesting and pivotal to the title

Klunk
    Free Member

A very harsh ending for Spurs there.

spuds are perennial bottlers.

MSP

Lucky for Liverpool there, both this game and the Everton game, tight games, but won by very fortunate goals.

binners

Stuffy escape there for the scousers, but not half as stuffy as Chelski! Good match though, and now we’re, somewhat unbelievably, level with Spurs on points

Cardiff were absolutely robbed there! Has Neil Warnock exploded yet? He had every right too. As blatant an offside as you’ll ever see to get Chelski back in the game at the death.

Going to be one hell of a scrap for the title. Neither can afford to drop a point

senorj

Makes a pleasant change, we would normally throw the game away in seasons gone by.

theotherjonv

Has Neil Warnock exploded yet?

can he be fined for not saying anything to the referee?

Good old Colin

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11704/11680660/neil-warnock-in-silent-stand-off-with-match-officials-after-chelsea-defeat

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Lloris would have caught it if it was a bottle of red

binners

An absolute shocker of an own goal. I love the OGs when a defender tries to put it behind and ends up placing it perfectly into the top corner in a ‘shot’ that any world class striker would be happy with, but when they just bounce off them and pathetically dribble over the line?

To watch Salah you’d think he’d just scored the winner in the World Cup

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Well he’s never going to win the World Cup is he? 90th minute winner in a tight title race – it’s not going to be a firm handshake is it!?!

Did anyone else see MOTD2 highlights just now? Member of Klopp’s staff hugged him after goal – and had clearly wet/shat himself!

binners

I did look at that and think ‘has he just pissed himself?’

Watching the Chelski games, that has to be a contender for the worst refereeing I’ve ever seen.

Two straight reds, two penalties, both waved away, and then a goal allowed that was a mile offside. That match makes all the argument you’ll ever need for VAR.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – and Warnock’s comments about the big decision usually going the way of the big teams are bang on.

senorj

I was once at Borough Park and the lino shat himself.
    Had to run the line for 15 minutes before waddling off to change shorts.
    Oh how we laughed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah a little bump back down to earth for Newcastle, Arsenal were certainly everywhere we tried to put the ball and even with a bit of help from the ref it was going to be a step too far 🙂

Last 2 CL spots look like a big fight from here on in, arsenal have too many away from home to be comfortable, Chelsea could do anything, United have to do something against city and spurs will be all about how they take to the new house.

With the 5 live guys from earlier though Spurs have the most to loose there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Long term contract for Ole. Please.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As an Arsenal fan I’m pleased Ole has got the job

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ten years would be nice.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Watching Villarreal v Barcelona on itv4 at the moment – Barca have been mince defensively, especially from set pieces! Utd can definitely give them a game.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Barca have been mince defensively, especially from set pieces! Utd can definitely give them a game.

Does this make Wolves good enough to win La Liga?

weeksy

LOL that ended up a cracking finish to a game… Barca with 2 stonking goals in the last 3 mins !

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

£100M spent and still relegated, well done Fulham. Big Sam, even including his brown envelopes, would’ve been a lot cheaper.

binners

Good match last night, even if we lost. Wolves are a cracking team to watch. They’re so bloody quick on the break, and really organised at the back. It’ll be interesting to see what they do next season if they keep all their players. They could very well be mixing it with the top four. I’ve had a bet on them winning the FA Cup. I really think they could do it.

No complaints about the red. I don’t know what Ashley Young was thinnking. You just can’t go in studs up like that. Its just asking to be sent off.

Pochettino was right the other night. Its a 4 team mini-league for the other 2 champions league spots. It makes for an interesting subplot to City and Liverpool scrap for the title. I never thought we’d be involved in it before Ole turned up

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Spurs coming home tonight 🙂

Emotional message from the chairman here (though probably a bit sickly for all other supporters)

kilo

Does he mention the suspicious fire at the business objecting to the CPO and the allegations of cleansing the area of poor local residents to aid property speculation?

MSP

If the area around the stadium is cleansed of poor families, who’s kids will guard your car and make sure it doesn’t get damaged during the match?

For a reasonable price, that is definitely not extortion, honest.

MSP

Well that was tenser than expected, Brighton made a real game of it.

binners

Indeed. Looking forward to Wolves v Watford tomorrow. Should be a cracking game. I still think Wolves can win the FA cup. They play some quality football.

I stuck a fiver on it anyway, which is usually the kiss of death. They’ll probably lose 7-0 tomorrow now

binners

Well Arsenal never turned up today. Well beaten.

Watching the semi-final and seeing all those empty corporate seats boils my piss! Whoever has paid for them (probably as a tax write off) can’t even be bothered to turn up to watch the match. Just loose change to them, I suppose. Meanwhile there are genuine fans who’d kill for what are the best seats in the house

It stands as a comment not only on money-obsessed English football, but also on society right now. It’s embarrassing and depressing

MSP

I didn’t think that was a penalty, no where near enough contact for him to go down (for a bully boy who shouts at people he really fouled to get up), but var is correct according to the rules, not a clear and obvious mistake so can’t be overruled.

binners

Absolutely brilliant game though. A proper cup tie. Deulofeo is having an absolute blinder!

MSP

Deulofeo’s 1st goal was a thing of beauty.

It is much easier to enjoy a tense game when your team isn’t involved.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What a finish from Son, great goal for the determination to keep it going there. Going to up the pressure at for City.

senorj

& Keita has had his best game in a red shirt tonight.

johndoh
    Free Member

And Leeds back into second. 💪

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TFGM have got a sense of humour today

martinhutch

Phonetically awful and no Bus-quets joke. Shocking.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

or down the canal on a Kevin Prince-Boateng

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.