Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,265 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Championship has kicked off, Scottish premiership starts today, community shield tomorrow, and the premier league kicks off next week.

My premier league predictions.

1, Manchester city

2, Livepool

3, Chelsea

4, Arsenal

Man U look to be in meltdown already, a few good early results could settle them down, a few poor ones and the shit is going to be flying everywhere. Tottenham haven’t strengthened yet if they don’t they will miss out on top 4 imo.

ElShalimo

I reckon Citeh for the league and Champions League this year. Guardiola is under great pressure to deliver trophies and has the resources to do it.

Premier Icon si77
    Subscriber

I’ll raise a glass to those predictions

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Reckon arsenal will either win it or be relegated

If Utd fall behind early on I think a full blown Mourinho implosion is a cert, judging by his comments over the past few weeks.

City for the league, just. Really hope Chelsea don’t do the usual and follow up a poor season with the title.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I can’t see anyone but City. They’re just too strong. Then… who knows? Will Spurs still bottle it against the top teams? Which Chelski will show up? The title winners, or the mid-table side? Will Liverpool stop playing Kevin Keegan football and actually defend?

One thing is for sure…  we’re ****ed, quite frankly. Looks like Maureen is setting up his wearyingly predictable third season meltdown already. He really is a charmless, petulant misery-arse. And totally predictable. It’ll all be everybody else’s fault when the wheels fall off. He’s already getting his excuses in.

I think he’s now just an embarrassment to the club and needs to go. Can’t imagine many players are happy under his present management. He’s no interest in developing the younger players or helping anyone improve like Pep or Klippity does. And the football is absolutely bloody awful!

Pogba, somewhat predictably, showed what he can do when he’s actually allowed to play. Plenty of others did too.

I’m starting to feel like an Arsenal fan of the last few seasons. I’m sort of hoping we get tonked the first couple of games, to initiate the toys-out-of-the-pram implosion

mrwhyte

As an Arsenal fan, I am going in to the season feeling quite excited. I know we probably will not win anything, but new manager and a raft of new players, going to be interesting how we adapt to a new type of football under Emery.

I just hope a monumental mourhino implosion at some point through the season. He’s not particularly inspiring confidence in the team at the moment.

MSP, I’d be happy with the table looking like that at the end of the season.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Has everyone got their fantasy football team sorted?

Just looked and I think the established STW league will roll over and start again this season, can’t find the code though if anyone new wants to join.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Yep I reckon Reading won’t be in the Premier League at the end of the season. And as for the other one I think Arsenal might sneak it… although Liverpool could be quite strong.

Premier Icon RicB
    Subscriber

1. City

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man U (if Jose goes, otherwise Tottenham)

city are too strong and should win by a good margin. Liverpool have a great squad now but a few new players in key positions to ingetrate; they’ll likely start slow and pick up momentum. The Chelsea players are used to playing together and now have a manager they don’t hate (yet!)

Arsenal are the complete dark horse so who knows

Man U? Binners said it well; I hope the awful, negative, narrow minded, hollow husk of a man that is Jose is gone by xmas and replaced by someone who wants to develop players into the first team. I’ve heard the club have looked at zidane.

Until Jose goes I can’t see any great players wanting to come to the club because of the style of football (some have been quite open about this) and the younger players will become disillusioned and leave. Martial, Fosu-Mensa, mctominay, perriera could be key players if coached properly (or indeed at all)

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I’ve read the rumours that United are sounding out Zidane. I hope there’s some truth in it and moaning Maureen is on his way ASAP

i can’t remember going into a season with lower expectations. It’s just going to be a case of when, not if, he has his meltdown. God knows where we’ll be in the league by the time we get there

Premier Icon RicB
    Subscriber

Sounds like the transfer for Mina has collapsed and Utd are in for Alderweireld for £60m- yet another player in late 20s when they have Lindelof and fosu-Mensa who could grow into that roll

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

City look to be picking up from where they left off. Chuffed that Phil Foden had such a good match.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Well that was a breeze for City. It’s scary that City had the best two midfielders in the Premiership that they didn’t feel the need to bring off the bench

paulosoxo

League one is where it’s at. Ha’way the lads! 😀

Rockape63

Its certainly going to be interesting for us Gooners this season.  We are mostly relieved to be rid of Le Prof and looking forward to a season without the same old crap we’ve endured for too long.

Unlike most people, I have a suspicion the the Spuds will do very well this year.  They have a lot of very good players, a years more experience, confidence from their WC performances and a new Stadium to eventually play in.  All of which may mean they actually challenge for the PL.   I’m not putting any money on it though…..I’d rather lose it! 🙂

johndoh

As a Leeds fan I was very pleased yesterday – not only with the result against a pre-season favourite, but the performance too.

Still, we had a great start last season so not holding my breath.

Need to not fire Bielsa when a couple of results in a row go against us.

funny how 10 Of The 11 players that finished last season so badly started this season so well.

heck in the sky studio at the ground came across, to me at least, not very bitter, oh no, not him. “They never played that well for me”

MOT. Mid table mediocrity again? Or dare we dream?

Premier Icon richwales
    Subscriber

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4niWReK06_c

West brom’s new mascot is going to be the highlight of the season for me!!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Well keeping up my attendance record with a trip to see the mighty toon roll over to spurs on Saturday, hopefully we get a couple more signings in there or Ashley hits his head and opens the cheque book (or sell up)

johndoh

Mid table mediocrity again? Or dare we dream?

Dreaming. Always dreaming.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

The privitisation of The Arsenal is nearly complete.

Premier Icon RicB
    Subscriber

The arsenal buy out is interesting to say the least. AST vehemently opposing it.

Slightly odd situation that Arsenal fans will have to get used to debt being layered onto the club and annual transfer funds being used to pay interest like Man U fans did after the Glazer takeover.

And Man U fans will seemingly experience what it’s like being an arsenal fan with a manager clearly out of date and terrible transfer windows!

disco_stu

Can anyone point out some ginger premiership players for me?

I normally enter a team of ginger players who are guaranteed to come last in the fantasy footy leagues I enter but I’m really struggling at the moment to put out even half a squad of pure bloods.

Robert Elliot Newcastle GK, De Bruyne and Henderson are the only players I have so far.

Rockape63

You could always top it up with baldies like Shelvey, as no one can say they aren’t gingers!

Premier Icon spud-face
    Subscriber

Harrison Reed from Southampton’s bench unless he goes out on loan again. By the by, I saw Jack Colback playing on telly last night – my word that’s a pureblood ginge!

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

So Courtois has done a Costa and gone AWOL from Chelski, Pogba’s agent is pimping him out to everyone with deep pockets, and it looks like Barca are interested. I’m not surprised he wants away from United (again) while Jose is at the helm.

Interesting that Pogbas agent personally made 41 million quid from his transfer to United. That’s just bonkers! No wonder he wants him to move on again

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

I heard the 41 million crack on the radio the other day.Holy cow.

Although to be fair Pogba has my sympathy ,having to deal with Moanrinho every day.

disco_stu

Harrison Reed from Southampton’s bench unless he goes out on loan again. By the by, I saw Jack Colback playing on telly last night – my word that’s a pureblood ginge!

Looks as if he’s out on loan 🙁

I’ll have to consider strawberry blondes / blondes or might do a welsh ginger combo team.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

“Can anyone point out some ginger premiership players for me?”

How about Andrew Robertson? – His beard’s a bit ginge ,plus he’s Scottish. 🙂

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The undisputed king of premiership gingers?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Anyway… transfer deadline day. The only thing that I’m predicting is that Maureen won’t be happy, and will be very  vocal about it, and probably call a press conference so that he can have a moan

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Long before fantasy football, a mate and I had a rude names XI. I wonder if that could be resurrected, with up to date players.

I don’t remember many but as a start

Steve Hardwick (ex Oxford and Huddersfield GK)

Willy Burns (Cowdenbeath and Rochdale)

Wayne Wanklyn (Reading)

to which I’d of course add Stefan Kuntz

They were managed by Arthur Cox, so that when a run of bad results ensued the fans could all chant Cox out!  He was the replaced as player manager by Julian Dicks, so that when a run of bad results ensued…..

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Rude names 11….N’golo Kante –  best spoken in an Essex “twang”

Looking forward to seeing what dross Maureen gets bought for him today – hopefully Pogba is a problem too.

Wolves have no intention of going down, they’ve spent a good slab.

Oh and Rod Fanni (i think that was the spelling) formerly of West Ham; proper rude name

mikey3

Mcburnie and Clucas,both ginge and play for a welsh team,double points combo:),tho Clucas now going to stoke.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

They’re just discussing the Premiership season on Five Live, and how optimistic everyone is. Somewhat predictably a Liverpool fan phoned in to say the following

In other news, Mrs Binners just told me she’s stuck a few quid on Leicester beating Man Yoo tonight 🙁

blader1611

Binners – i am not looking forward to watching United tonight. We all know the style of football is going to be exactly the same as last year and that was bordering on LVG dull. I still cant understand why Jose is so keen on defenders, our problem was scoring and breaking down tight defences.

City will win the premiership,Liverpool will be runners up and we have to hope that Spurs have stagnated with the lack of transfers which will enable us to finish top four with either Arsenal or Chelsea.

😂

All premiership clubs should “unveil” their signings like this.

MTB-Idle

Re the rude names eleven I’m sure from the days when my boys used to collect footie stickers (mid-90’s) there was a player called Bernd Aas playing for a Premiership side but my Google-fu is weak today and I can’t confirm that.

As we are talking history I was in a discussion the other day about childhood heroes. I said that as a boy I liked George Best.

No, wait that’s wrong…I liked Zippy Best

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,265 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.