Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • johndoh

Yeah. Arse indeed.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

How many times have Leeds done this now?

hodgynd

Great game for the neutral last night ..I never thought I would say this but I’m starting to feel a little bit of sympathy for Leeds ( traditionally we Mags can’t stand them )..are they destined never to return ?
    Besides which it would be the closest thing to a ” Derby” match we will get for a good few years …😁
    Speaking of Derby ..great fight back they have some good young players ..

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Any predictions for today then? Should be a belter! I think Watford will really give City a game, though I can’t quite see them doing a Wigan.

I’m a big fan of Troy Deeney. Just seen him interviewed and he was saying how much he liked and respected Kompany. I imagine those two are going to have a right old ding dong this afternoon

MSP

It is strange the admiration and respect that Kompany has garnered, as a person not just as a player, from so many within the game. I can’t recall anyone else ever being spoken about like that before.

Sane left out of the starting line up again today, unfortunately I think that’s him gone in this transfer window now. He has suffered this season from De Bruyne’s absence, I don’t think the other city midfielders understand the runs he makes as well, and he hasn’t done quite enough without De Bruyne to justify his current contract demands. I hope I am wrong, because he can be a magical player, and a potential balon d’or winner IMO.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Kompany is a very intelligent and eloquent man. Hardly qualities over-represented in modern football. He’s been very outspoken about issues such as the homeless problem in Manchester. And has put considerable amounts of his own money where his mouth is.

He’s also a bloody brilliant player and has been an amazing captain for City. He’s a Cantona style talisman for them

gobuchul

Apparently you can get Watford at 12/1 for this.

Not bad for a 2 horse race……..

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I put a couple of quid on them this morning at 14/1. Thought it was worth a punt. They’re a good squad

Mrs Binners has a fiver on Wigan beating city 6 years ago. The odds were massive. You should have seen her the last few minutes of the game when city had them under siege 😂

Edit: just asked her and she won £165 off a fiver bet

gobuchul

I would put a £5 on but I’m at work offshore at the moment and the betting site won’t work outside of UK.

MSP

I think we got lucky on the handball decision, that would definitely have been handball in the champions league interpretation of the rule.

Haze

So far so good…🤞

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Great goalkeeping by Ederson.

And I do think that would have been a penalty in Europe. It was about the same as was given to us against PSG (which I thought was never a penalty)

Nice to see the Wembley tradition of loads of empty corporate seats being continued 🙄

Watford playing pretty well.

EDIT: Forget I said anything. 🙂

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Oh well. I had an outside punt on Watford but had another one on City winning it 3 or 4 nil which was only 5/1.

So I hope they only get another then stop

A harsh scoreline on Watford

gobuchul

Looks like I missed losing a fiver then!

Never mind, Binners 🙂

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Arse! That’s my bets gone then

Haze

Wolves in Europa league, happy days 🙂

gobuchul

That’s equalled the record then and the 2nd ever hat trick in a Final.

Raheem scores a hat-trick in an FA Cup Final and a sub gets MoTM!

Cletus

Yeah but without KdB the match would have petered out maybe 3-0 to City.

Hopefully he can stay fit for next season as he takes City to a different level.

Premier Icon si77
    Subscriber

Well Vinny’s leaving on a high to become  player-manager at Anderlecht. A real class act.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I’m sure he’ll make a brilliant manager. I don’t think anyone would be surprised to see him back at City one day

MSP

Great players and captains don’t always make great managers, but I do suspect Vinny will be. I had hoped he would stay within the city group and be prepared for management from within. But I think he wants to prove himself and develop his own managerial identity, before his triumphant homecoming a few years down the line.

Premier Icon mehr
    Subscriber

I’m surprised they never sold him to New York City FC for £300 million

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

I’m in the doghouse tonight ….went to the F.A. Trophy final as a “guest” of Leyton orient.Little j is a fan. However I couldn’t help myself and supported the team from the north west that won! AFC Fylde.

neilnevill

I was there too, Dad was an O’s fan..was there in his memory. On the way home I realised I’ve done 4 stadiums and 5 comps tis year. Wembley (spurs, prem, carabao, CL), NWHL (spurs, Prem) Stamford bridge (spurs, carabao) Brisbane road (the Os, National League)

Premier Icon frogstomp
    Subscriber

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, but by way of a PSA it looks like both this week’s UEFA and CL finals will be streamed live on BT Sports YouTube channel (link).

hodgynd

Well ..bugger all of that ..the big news for me today is that Ashley has reportedly agreed to ( finally ) sell the club to the cousin of Sheikh Mansour ( Man City )for £ 350m
    There have been so many false dawns that I really don’t know if I should believe this ..but if its true ..Let the good times roll!😁

Premier Icon RicB
    Subscriber

I’m still reeling from watching the Utd Legends game vs Bayern Munich (who were very good sports to do it!). Heartbreaking to be reminded how good the Utd team was back then compared to the utter sh*te they have now. Jaap Stam would be better on his own than Smalling and Jones together 🙂 A point which Ole made quite clearly and might wish he hadn’t…

Plus – Beckam wtf?!! That lad could still play on the right wing for Utd; he’s probably fitter than half the current first team! And those pinpoint cross-field passes were as good as anything I’ve seen in the prem this year

Premier Icon peteimpreza
    Subscriber

Is the game on Saturday available free to view anywhere or is it BT Sport subscribers only?

Pete – you can get it live on the bt sport you tube channel. Virgin customers can also get it. Same with  Europa League final tonight.

What channel for Virgin customers? Never knew that!

Virgin media customers can also tune into Channel 100 (HD) or Channel 532 (4K UHD) to watch the match for free.

(from the radio times – applies to both the diddy final tonight and the real thing on Saturday!)

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

A European final between two massive clubs in front of a half empty stadium in the arse end of nowhere

Well done UEFA

*slow handclap*

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

To be honest, the game deserves a half empty ground. That was hard-watching wasn’t it !

I concurred weeksy and wandered off to do a bit of fettling……cue 5 goals!

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

It got better. Well, for Chelsea anyway

avdave2

No final of any competition should ever be allowed in a ground with an athletics track around it.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Yeah the location , number of fans, track, etc all really didn’t help things at all.

I’m sure it was a great night for the players and fans, but it could and should have been so much more.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,699 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.