Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,699 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season
  • handybar
    Free Member

Forlan was a fantastic player but he was very much a continental player. In Italy and Spain, the forwards often work on set moves/plays, which are orchestrated in advance on the training field, whereas for some reason this isn’t a part of the English game. In such a set-up Forlan’s movement became more impactful and he could be a deadly finisher.
    But I think Suarez has surpassed him as the best Uruguayan striker now as he has more versatility.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and some fun from Photoshop with England and Sunderland’s Number 1

No need for an edit

and finally what a goal

binners

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Truly astonishing that that was their first league defeat since Solksjaer took over the job. Nobody would have predicted that.

martinhutch

I don’t think Binners can be complaining about slightly dodgy penalty decisions after this week!

senorj

Beginning to look as though if lfc have any chance of overturning “citeh” then ole and the boys will have to do us a favour…fancy that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t think Binners can be complaining about slightly dodgy penalty decisions after this week!

Binners: “Hold My Beer”

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Bring in VAR! It’ll solve everything!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of all things that have worried binners on a football thread, hypocrisy has never been in the mix.

Caher

Juve Athletico stunning game!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

GOAT

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Would like to see City v Juve over two legs!

binners

EEEK!!! Oh well… it was good while it lasted….

Ajax v Juventas
    liverpool v Porto
    Spurs v City
    Barca v Man Yoo

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly Binners I still reckon your lot are worth a fiver at this stage.
    Ajax are worth a shout too if they have a good home leg, Liverpool look like the winners of the round though!!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Liverpool and City slight favourites in their ties I think, Juve will go through easily and Barca Utd is 50/50 I think. United can really get at their defence and Herrera will crock Messi.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

stolen from the BBC but if Arsenal & Chelsea make it to the Europa League Final fans will have to make a 4,946-mile round trip to play a London derby in Asia on a Wednesday night

nick1962
    Free Member

Puzzled as to why Utd have been made to switch their home/away leg around when they don’t even play the same night as City.Home for the second leg is surely advantageous/preferable.

martinhutch

Puzzled as to why Utd have been made to switch their home/away leg around when they don’t even play the same night as City.

Quite tough on police resources on consecutive nights, I’d imagine.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think it would also be tough on the knock off tat sellers and getting that many half and half scarves moves around will be tough 😉

binners

Honestly Binners I still reckon your lot are worth a fiver at this stage.

When I got back from the Bournmouth game (Ole’s 3rd match in charge, I think) I thought I’d check out our odds of us winning the CL. It was 40/1 so I thought it had to be worth a fiver.

But we’ve not got a good record against Barca. I remember watching in awe as they took us apart in the 2009 final at Wembley. It was a lesson in tactical attacking football. Its the only time I’ve seen Fergie stood staring and not knowing what on earth to do about it. He had no answers. The United fans all applauded the Barca players off at the end. It was a masterclass!

They did it to us again 2 years later

The present Barca squad isn’t up there with that one, but its fair to say I’m not confident

martinhutch

I don’t know, I think Barca would have preferred just about anyone else in the draw, City included.

Very hard to prepare for OGS’s United, I would have thought. They have absolutely nothing to lose here, he seems to be bringing out some very unexpected performances, and is likely to show them very little respect.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

This is brilliant

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Finally NUFC get one in the right net in the last minute!! Though I hear it’s important o blame the wind these days for any bad performance 😉

binners

True Martin. Nobody thought we had a chance against PSG either. That’s the joy of knockout competitions. It doesn’t matter who you are, have a bad day at the office and you’re out. As Real we’re just reminded

I stuck a fiver on us winning the FA Cup at the same time. Ever the optimist, me

Should be a good match against Wolves later. I really rate them and they’re great to watch. Lightning quick on the counter. They were bloody unlucky not to beat Chelski last week. Going to be a tough game

binners

Looked like some bonkers games today Mike. West Ham coming from 3-0 down to win 4-3? 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah, had e=my eye on the Newcastle one as Ireland ruined the party, a Newcastle team finding it’s feet again (along with some comedy defending and a couple of naps at the back) for his work rate great to see Richie get the equaliser with a screamer. And before my fellow geordie comes back saying he is no good the stat last weekend
    https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_cross
    came up, most crosses in the premier league this season

Looking forward to a shorter MoTD tonight 3 games 40 mins, highest placed team 9th 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and anyone else spied Swansea are 2 up??

martinhutch

Err, yes, just noticed….this should be interesting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So VAR not in operation here?
    Not a penalty and off side 3rd goal?

City very lucky

binners

Stuffy there, City

Well offside and never a penalty

If you’re going to have VAR then have VAR, but not for some matches and not others.

If we’d have had VAR that match is 2-1 to Swansea

Cletus

City were very lucky with the questionable penalty, rebound off the keeper and offside third but that’s the way things go sometimes and City have had more than their share of bad luck in the past.

Credit to Swansea – their second goal was a thing of beauty and it is great that Celina finished it so well after his penalty mis-kick in the week.

Fabian Delph must be the most relieved man in Wales this evening as his mistake could have contributed hugely to City going out of the cup to a Championshio side for the second successive season.

martinhutch

If you’re going to have VAR then have VAR, but not for some matches and not others.

They should have probably not bothered having it in the CL this year. Some very dodgy decisions, even with it. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

there does need to be some “This is a penalty” clips shown to players, managers and fans at frequent points during the season, in fact they could replace the void that the betting ads will leave

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Come on you Wolves. my dad’s team god bless him. used to drive to Molineux loads with him. Looks like a cracking atmosphere.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Looked like some bonkers games today Mike. West Ham coming from 3-0 down to win 4-3?

We won, but we played atrociously. Some moments of magic but with the team we have we shouldn’t be 3-1 down to Huddersfield!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So city for the cup then, if you can’t bend the rules on buying players just spend it on the ref’s 😉

(Wolves 1 up)

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Maybe Utd will wake up now? They’ve been pedestrian at best.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nope! 😂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pick that out. Hi Ho Wolver-ampton!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is this OGS doing contact negotiations?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,699 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2018/19 season’ is closed to new replies.