Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • theotherjonv

“When you’re sat in row Z and the ball hits your head…. that’s Zamora”

binners

And that was sung by his own supporters. 😂

Much like…

“Park, Park wherever you may be…”

ransos
    Free Member

“When you’re sat in row Z and the ball hits your head…. that’s Zamora”

Yeah, I heard that at Upton Park!

Caher

Wasn’t there a song about Luis Suarez’s teeth being offside?

sandboy

Carragher’s bit on the side, song about Fernando Torres. You have to hand it to United fans for their song writing talent.
    I remember Wolves fans going to Old Trafford for a night game in their pyjamas because in their previous game, United had something like nine minutes Fergie time.
    Football banter is great!
    Everton making Liverpool look half decent.

ransos
    Free Member

You have to hand it to United fans for their song writing talent.

The Neville Neville song was genius, tbf.

binners

The scousers are pretty good at them. Some personal favourites from a good few years ago

You’ll know the player straight away…

“He’s big, he’s red, his feet stick out of bed….”

“He’s fast, he’s red, he talks like Father Ted….”

They maker that look pretty comfortable. What’s going on with Mo Salahs hair? He looks like he spends his days outside a park, shouting at buses

neilnevill
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64631335

Liverpool deserve a very very very big apology.

binners

That’s been glaringly obvious for a long time. I know a few people who were there and the whole thing was apparently a total shambles

Seems the French police took their lead from their South Yorkshire counterparts

MSP

It was obvious on the night itself, but at least the truth has come out fairly quickly (in comparison to the british authorities pushing a lie about Hillsborough for decades).

binners

And I doubt Le Monde ran a front page the next morning stating ‘la vérité!’

vazaha

Prime the Police for violence, and they shall deliver.

Nothing new under The Sun.

vazaha

Know it’s old, but…

binners

Well Mrs Binners didn’t seem overly impressed with my Valentines Day declaration that I love her even more than I love Marcus Rashford 😂

neilnevill
    Free Member

Back to the soccer ball and it’s the return of champions soccer league tonight. Spurs are at the san siro. No bale this time. In fact no hojberg, bentancur or Loris. This could be tough. I’ll just cheer myself up with…
    Taxi for Macon!

binners

Its quite interesting for the rest of us to guess which Spurs will turn up? The one that beat Citeh or the one who got absolutely walloped by Leicester less than a week later.

We’ve now accepted out place in the world of late and that our European football is now played on Thursday nights, but you generally assume you’ll be playing in Kazakstan, not up against Barca

neilnevill
    Free Member

It’s almost as much fun for us spurs fans, 😂 in a perverse sort of way!

argee

AC Milan are in horrific form, lost 4 of their last 5, got humped 5-2 at home to Sassuolo and before that beat 4-0 by Lazio, they’ve certainly not enjoyed the WC break!

Caher

Well watching the Spurs game and feeling a little regret and wished I’d watched Midsomer Murders on ITV 4.

binners

I opted to watch Ted Lasso. The real one, not the one who’s about to be appointed Southampton manager in a Suella Braverman paced return

Anyway, my evaluation of which spurs would likely turn up tonight appears to be (literally) on the money as far as my betting was concerned 😀

Caher

Just discovered Apple TV due to a 3 month trial and there’s some absolute stonkers on there.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Only got to listen to a few snippets of 5 live commentary. Seems we had no quality in the final 3rd but a different ref would have given loads of free kicks and a penalty. Milan showed little to scare. Got a fair chance of winning at home so all to play for… Let’s hope the other team turns up for that game!

binners

Where was Kane playing tonight? He was ineffective as left back against Leicester and his midfield games haven’t been that good of late

Caher

Kane was busy auditioning for the popular BBC documentary Ambulance.

binners

I’m amazed he can still walk, he’s had his legs broken and been shot by snipers so many times

He’ll be starring in the opening scene of Casualty before long, stood next to a big drop into a quarry or a combine harvester that’s just had a safety guard removed. Jack Grealish has apparently already been signed up for a scene involving some badly constructed scaffolding above a swimming pool and a killer whale

On a tangent… Ted Lasso is absolutely bloody brilliant and infinitely preferable to watching Spurs

binners

Absolutely cracking first half! That was some finish by De Bruyne

I hate to say it but these two are so far clear of everyone else, it’s a definite 2 horse race. It’s certainly going to be an interesting contest to watch. Can’t see either dropping many points

Caher

City have just moved up another gear..not just this game but for the season. All down to superb conditioning.

argee

Looks like Arsenal are done, don’t think they’re a match for this City side when it comes to the big games, they miss Partey in the middle and Jesus up front of course, reality is Nketiah is not a top 4 front man, Haaland has been a handful and kept the Arsenal back four and midfielders occupied, Arsenal count more on their wingers.

martinhutch

I thought Arsenal had their chances,just didn’t take them. Pretty even game except for about five minutes of defensive cock ups.

dander

Not a lot in it, some poor errors for City’s goals, which they took advantage of ruthlessly. May well knock the stuffing out of Arsenal, they did look a bit leggy as they haven’t the same level of squad as City so far less rotation.

More Potterball from Chelsea as well. Neat and tidy, no goals. Love it!

MoreCashThanDash

Arsenal have a game in hand, so still theoretically control their destiny. Makes the title race more interesting.

argee

Arsenal have a game in hand, so still theoretically control their destiny. Makes the title race more interesting.

They still have to go to Man City, so you could say they also have control of their own destiny.

Reality is, it was a close game in terms of possession and movement, City just have players who can take their chances when they come, or do a job when it’s not, Arsenal just looked like they weren’t getting through tonight, Nketiah missed two open headers in front of goal, Haaland wouldn’t have done the same.

martinhutch

I still think it will be very close as long as Arsenal don’t crumble or suffer squad injuries. They cut through City very nicely at points tonight, just didn’t finish. With a fit Gabriel Jesus, I think they would have been in a pretty dominant position by now.

blackhat
    Free Member

Just like the cup game, City went up a gear in the second half. Like all great teams, the skill is built upon a high work rate.

Caher

Well that was fine fare for an early Thursday night. Is that Manu’s normal away kit or were they teasing Barca?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

so 15 years after the whaling from the red side of Manchester about Abu Dhabi money killing the game, we are here?

dander

It’s only one bidder, I’m sure others will be after them too and Ratcliffe has already said he’ll bid.

binners

After the years of the Glazers clueless parasitic ownership, bleeding the club dry, we’d welcome Fred West as a new owner as it’d represent a considerable improvement

MSP

Is Ratcliffe any better, he is a western Oligarch who’s contribution to politics is perhaps more subtle but part of a group who has caused more damage in spreading an economic message of neoliberalism and greed that serves just a few to damage billions of lives. The american billionaire bidders will be just the same.

dander

I agree MSP. Depressing that these are the only types now who seem to have the means and power to take over the bigger clubs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.