Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • ransos
    Free Member

Wrexham will win this.

And I’m a Blade

That aged well!

Should’ve had faith in your team TAFKASTR! They were two great counter attacking goals…

They were indeed, but I can guarantee you most Blades could see that game going against us. No complaints though and another cracking game – especially for the neutral

Caher

I see Spursey fun fumbler Lloris is out for 6 months, I wonder if he’s out out or just out, whilst they push on with a less bowlegged keeper.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jhinwxm
    Free Member

I see Billy ‘not so’ Sharp spat his dummy out after the game and made a total prat of himself on live TV. Tremendous example of a pure bred idiot letting his ill-informed tongue off the leash from the one brain cell he owns.

Maybe the hump and dummy spit was due to the fact a non league striker outperformed him and made him look like the washed up has been he is?

Seems everyone bar Sheff Utd fans (who are bizarrely applauding his car crash interview as if it was some stroke of genius and wisdom) and Billy the brain cell are still completely baffled by the outburst as he couldn’t bring himself to muster up any details or specifics.

Caher

joao felix is a proper player. Chelsea may well have tapped up a genuine worldy.

dander

Mmmm, not so sure about that. What is he – a striker, winger, attacking midfielder. Undoubtedly a very talented player but I’d be wanting more goals and assists. He was about 1 in 4 for Athletico?

binners

Chelsea may well have tapped up a genuine worldy

yet after spending the same as the GDP of Spain, still can’t beat a team presently in a relegation scrap

anyway… Spurs being properly Spurs

dander

It’s Potterball though isn’t it? Lots of the ball, well organised, no threat. It’s what Brighton were under him so Chelsea can’t complain.

I see Billy ‘not so’ Sharp spat his dummy out after the game and made a total prat of himself on live TV. Tremendous example of a pure bred idiot letting his ill-informed tongue off the leash from the one brain cell he owns.

Maybe the hump and dummy spit was due to the fact a non league striker outperformed him and made him look like the washed up has been he is?

Seems everyone bar Sheff Utd fans (who are bizarrely applauding his car crash interview as if it was some stroke of genius and wisdom) and Billy the brain cell are still completely baffled by the outburst as he couldn’t bring himself to muster up any details or specifics.

As a Blade, I was a bit baffled by the interview, but seeing Billy week in week out, it was out of character. He’s had a lot of shit off people throughout his career including online and pitchside bullying about his baby boy that passed away at 2 days old. He’s always handled himself professionally, so something has obviously happened to rattle him. We don’t know the facts

As for washed up has been. You do know he’s broken numerous goal scoring records and is the most prolific English striker in all leagues this century? Don’t you?

Caher

Well I’m always curious as to how Chelsea stay away from the fair play rule that got City in a spin. I’ve no love for Chelsea since they took Kerry Dixon from us in the 80s. He could have had a long and distinguished career in the second division.

dander

It’s about revenues versus expenditure over a period of time – hence Chelsea signing a lot of these players on long contracts and paying the fees over the course of the contract.

Seems a lot of the allegations about City relate to hiding their spending – not on players, but on things like Mancini’s salary etc. One for the lawyers and accountants!

Caher

Ah ok.

binners

Having just watched MOTD I can’t comprehend how Spurs are still potentially in the running for a top 4 finish

They were an absolute shambles today. It wouldn’t have flattered Leicester if they’d have won by 6 or 7

binners

Well I’m always curious as to how Chelsea stay away from the fair play rule that got City in a spin

Chelsea make a lot of money from signing young talent, sending them all over Europe on loan, then selling them on. It’s a (very profitable) production line

Citeh just get another company owned by their owners to sponsor the naming rights to the toilets for seven hundred  squillion pounds

Anyway… VAR. covered itself in glory again today. Just when you think it might be getting better they come up with some absolute shockers

theotherjonv

Because family was out I had the chance to sit and watch the Newcastle match properly. They’ve gone right off the boil, so much that I think a top 4 finish is a tough ask and the Cup Final in two weeks should be where all their eggs go.

They look tired, and the urgency of the running both in and out of possession, and movement off the ball when attacking seems to have gone. Small squad, a lot of games, predictable I guess.

It flashed briefly for the goal, and in a couple of other places but otherwise they are looking very leggy right now. And there’s a lot of the season to go.

Five draws in last six, and you’d have expected really them to have got more out of at least three of them (draw vs Arsenal is a decent result, Palace away is tricky, but Leeds / WHam / Bournemouth are all winnable) but if they’d got 9 io 3 in those three games they’d be second and 4 points off top.

Lovely to see the reception Eddie Howe got after the game too. They think a lot of him down there.

Meanwhile the mighty Reading’s slide towards a relegation scrap continues……

gobuchul
    Free Member

I can’t see 22 players seeing out the full match at Leeds.

Someone will get sent off shortly.

binners

Nice that the Leeds fans have now added Munich songs to their usual repertoire of racism and homophobia 🙄

Caher

are Manu playing Leeds next week as well?

binners

With any luck we can go another 16 years without playing them

halifaxpete

Man U fans were chanting about Istanbul too for balance, Not that I’m defending Munich chants BTW, none of its acceptable. Probs deserved a point today IMO but there you go. Mighty tight at the bottom.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

As a Leeds fan, I’m really struggling with keeping my allegiance.  The Munich chants are utterly awful and I don’t want to be associated with a club like that.  I was hoping the behaviour of fans was improving but obviously not.  Disgusting.

ransos
    Free Member

Both sets of fans were a disgrace. I just can’t fathom taunting your opponent about the deaths of their players or supporters.

dander

Presumably it’s 100s, 1000s, doing this, not just a handful that would attract enough attention to be kicked out/arrested? Awful behaviour, so much hatred.

Apparently Haaland a doubt for the biggie on Wednesday…….

Caher

Taunting fans, especially local rivals, is as old as the hills and happens the world over and is usually nasty. For instance Reading fans taunt Swindon about their lack of literacy but they are able to drive tractors.

johndoh
    Free Member

lifelong Leeds fan here. Always, always despised the shit that goes on (once called out by a fellow season ticket holder – who I’d sat next to for years – for being a ManU fan for not ‘standing up if you hate ManU’).

Let’s make football about the football- it was a great game today and we deserved something from it, but when you’re in the arse end of the league these things never seem to go for you.

Caher

Just saw MOTD 2 that was a shameless dive against your old club. Grealish should be ashamed of himself.

binners

it was a great game today and we deserved something from it, but when you’re in the arse end of the league these things never seem to go for you.

It was a proper old school match. Leeds seem to start well, then run out of steam in the second half. Looks like its going to be a proper relegation battle again this season. Its going to be interesting to see what happens tonight, whether Evertons performance was a brief ‘new manager bounce’ blip or something more structural. I’m sure the atmosphere will be as similarly toxic as Elland Road yesterday

Just saw MOTD 2 that was a shameless dive against your old club. Grealish should be ashamed of himself.

And once again showed the failure of VAR to overrule decisions. You’ll never see a more blatant dive, but it stood

argee

Got to say i thought it wasn’t a penalty, but watching it a couple of times i think he’s done the clever thing of running across the defender and hoping to get that little clip that’ll take him down.  Remember back when i played those were the most annoying fouls, barely any contact but it’s your own momentum and usually your own feet that makes it look like you’ve been shot by a sniper 😂

dander

Taunting fans, especially local rivals, is as old as the hills and happens the world over and is usually nasty. For instance Reading fans taunt Swindon about their lack of literacy but they are able to drive tractors.

A bit different from Hillsborough/Munich/Istanbul type chants! Many chants are funny, and just banter (‘your coats from matalan’ by city fans toward Mourinho for instance) – these cross a line. IMO.

gobuchul
    Free Member

There have been chants about Munich since I was a kid back in the 70’s.

Like a lot of stuff around football, it didn’t get the publicity as so few games were televised.

There have been chants about Hillsborough since it happened.

Making no excuse for it, it’s disgusting and crosses a “line” but it’s usually a small minority. The vast majority of fans find it revolting as well.

PrinceJohn

It begs the question once again – what is the point of VAR?

Given how close the title race has been for the last couple of seasons if Arsenal lost by a point this year they would have a pretty good case I would’ve thought…

Caher

I mentioned the Grealish dive because Keith Hackett was on 5live this morning and mentioned this specific incident. And the other failings of VAR this weekend. So I looked at MOTD.

Serves me right for watching the 6 nations as the rugger bunch have this insane ability to stay upright whereas delicate people like Grealish can be tripped with ease.

argee

Serves me right for watching the 6 nations as the rugger bunch have this insane ability to stay upright whereas delicate people like Grealish can be tripped with ease.

This is the example used all the time, but in rugby you can’t clip someones heals whilst they’re going full pelt, it’s one of the most annoying fouls in the game when you’re on the receiving end, it just unbalances you and you end up doing a comedy stumble and fall, i never tend to shout about these ones, it’s the ones where they move into a challenge then lift up their feet like an undercarriage and fall over that’s annoying, they get them every time, but it’s too ‘clever’ for my liking.

MoreCashThanDash

I caught bits of MOTD2, Grealish looked like a dive to me but I didn’t catch whether the studio pundits picked it up.

As for “nasty” chants – I hate it. I’m an Ipswich fan and I get the jokes with Norwich, I live in between Nottingham and Derby so that’s all around me, but I don’t understand the hatred or using tragedies to wind up tbe opposition. Its just a **** game of football, no one’s death justifies a mention.

I do have a Leeds supporting mate who goes on about how lovely the atmosphere around the women’s game is but then spews vile hatred at Man Utd or anything that goes against Leeds in a match. If you’re not actively trying to be part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Though the same can be said about VAR!

ransos
    Free Member

Making no excuse for it, it’s disgusting and crosses a “line” but it’s usually a small minority. The vast majority of fans find it revolting as well.

Pretty sure I could hear it on the TV, so there must’ve been a fair few at it.

It begs the question once again – what is the point of VAR?

Legalised match fixing

*allegedly

binners

As for “nasty” chants – I hate it.

I find them really frustrating because, as dander mentioned and gave an example of, the best football chants are comedy gold and genuinely funny. My favourite was when Rio Ferdinand got banned for missing a drugs test. It was a Manchester Derby the following week at OT and the Citeh fans in the away end were all singing ‘his name is Rio and he’s sitting in the stands’ to the Duran Duran tune. I mean, thats bloody genius!

PrinceJohn

I often feel players are dammed if they do & dammed if they don’t. Yes some of them dive – however how many times have we seen players get fouled, stay on their feet & not get a pen?

binners

Viewing 40 posts - 1,841 through 1,880 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.