Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 513 total)
  • So I’m in hospital with Priapism. I’ll laugh about this one day.
  • TiRed

Would be rude not to 😉 . Saddle! But the offer is there.

grahamt1980

On a recumbent you could attach a flag to your member as you are laying down

TiRed

My pole has a huge flag…with a styled sun – sunny uplands in fact.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just caught up with this thread, great to hear there’s some positive news and that you’re still seeing the funny side.

We’ll all be thinking of you and your generously sized robocock.

Sandwich

Bath time will always be a game of submarines, up periscope! 😀

Pierre

Just catching up with the thread… holy cow Poopscoop, you’ve had a hell of a ride so far!

Well done on dealing with it all so far. There’s a lot more to unpack and handle, but it sounds like you’re pretty experienced getting to grips with large packages. 😉

Best wishes mate.

Poopscoop

Being discharged today!

Just had to wait till the inevitably attractive female doctor popped round to get me to show her I understood how to use the penis pump properly.

Whilst she looked on.

I literally have not one atom of dignity left within me now. That was the last of it gone forever. Right there.😁

(Not boasting at all but I needed the XL size tube. Just thought I’d mention that. It’s the biggest the company produce. There is no bigger apart from their range for elephants and the like, the Serengeti Range.)

grahamt1980

I don’t know, read the picolax thread, that might just find a little more dignity to remove.
    As for the largest one, i am reminded of the nasa story around size of the sheaths used for peeing in space where the had to label the sizes large, xl and massive as otherwise the astronauts would piss everywhere

matt_outandabout

I literally have not one atom of dignity left within me now. That was the last of it gone forever. Right there

You’ve got me laughing out loud in public..

Glad you’re heading for home comforts.

Poopscoop

As I have a terrible memory I asked if I could record all she was telling me on my mobile. She was a little reluctant, fair enough.

It’s only after she went that it dawned upon me that she must have thought I meant record a video! I’m bloody mortified now.

What took place in this little room a little while ago is not something I want to remember let alone record it for posterity.

Poopscoop

This is the bad boy. Little concerned by one of the attachments in the picture but I’ll blank that from my mind.

I'm a big boy now.

ernielynch

Is that what XL looks like? It looks very average to me, although obviously I have a limited point of reference.

I have no idea how the pump works or understand completely the thinking behind it, but good luck anyway. And I hope it proves easier than going tubeless.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Being discharged today!

Thats available on the NHS?

Ah well glad you got a happy ending.

Are we still making jokes?

What the hell are the extra bits for?

jca

The NHS could save money by giving out aeropresses…

thepurist

Are those white things like fork tokens, so they change progression from the sag point to max travel?

Oh and I’ll share a moment to forget – pressure flow urodynamixs where a (in this case unattractive) female urologist feeds a tube up young MrPs one eye, pumps you full of saline until you’re gonna burst then monitors the pressure as you try to p it all back out with the tube still left in place. You know what happens when you put your finger on a hosepipe…I have no idea why she gave any pretence that I’d be able to aim at a bowl, I might as well have stood in a paddling pool.

Cougar

What the hell are the extra bits for?

I’m thinking maybe like the tips of icing bags? Pipe out little Iced Gems, sort of thing.

funkmasterp

What are the rings for? So many questions from that image that part of me wishes you had made a video to save me googling it and ending up on a watchlist

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m thinking maybe like the tips of icing bags? Pipe out little Iced Gems, sort of thing.

some of them look like hose clamps… handy if you need to bleed your brakes in the future.

grahamt1980

Hose clamp…. if poop is to be believed, then they need to be a lot bigger, or he will need to use a rubber band

Poopscoop

I’m home!

avdave2

Welcome home

fossy

Are you main carer for your mum – might be time for Social Services to help with additional carers for her whilst you undergo your treatment – must put you under immense pressure.

oopnorth
    Free Member

must put you under immense pressure.

Are we still talking about the pump here? 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Haha, love how you’re making us laugh now Poopy.

Also…

MoreCashThanDash

Just had to wait till the inevitably attractive female doctor popped round to get me to show her I understood how to use the penis pump properly.

Whilst she looked on.

It’s as if Amazon had tried to remake Carry on Doctor for the 21st century

xcgb
    Free Member

I guess you won’t be going to the local swimming pool anytime soon then!

Poopscoop

I was googling the meds I’ll be put on next week, probably forever, to manage the leukemia.

They cost the NHS £48,500 per year to treat one person.

Fair to say that if I was born in the USA id be buggered. How inhuman is it that in the world’s richest country people with basic/ no health insurance could be diagnosed with this condition…. be told it’s treatable with a well established drug…. but be unable to afford it. Even many with insurance would not be covered for a med of this nature.

Can’t get my head around it, can’t begin to imagine how hard it would be to knot a drug is available but you’ll die as you can’t afford it.

America is an odd, odd place.

matt_outandabout

Fair to say that if I was born in the USA id be buggered.

The NHS is a wonderful thing
    Mrs_oab’s treatment costs a lot – about the average wage in the UK each year. And she’s had that for 15 years now…

Poopscoop

^^I couldn’t agree more. It’s the biggest peace time achievement by any UK government in modern history in my opinion

This the second time it’s literally saved my life. In the 90’s I had neurosurgery that was essentially to stop me just dropping dead one day from a simple sneeze or cough.

Hoping things aren’t going in threes with this scenario!

Kip

Blimey @poopscoop got to this thread via this week’s newsletter and it reminded me of all the good reasons why I visit this forum.
    Good luck with the treatment, your member, your mental health, your mum, your lad’s new career in the force, you lad’s family, and everything else I’ve forgotten.
    Seeing the cost of your meds makes me think that perhaps an extra couple of pence on my national insurance is worth it.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

They cost the NHS £48,500 per year to treat one person.

Fair to say that if I was born in the USA id be buggered. How inhuman is it that in the world’s richest country people with basic/ no health insurance could be diagnosed with this condition…. be told it’s treatable with a well established drug…. but be unable to afford it. Even many with insurance would not be covered for a med of this nature.

Don’t know if you heard about the recent announcement concerning a gene therapy treatment for Hemophilia B that essentially cures the condition. While the current management of the dissorder costs the NHS about 200k per person per year, this ‘cure’ is likely to cost upwards of a million.  They are working to make it available on the NHS as soon as practical.

Thing is, it’s a practical solution as well as altruistic. The NHS pays less to pharma companies for meds and drugs than almost anyone else in the world as they are buying for an entiure countries worth of treatment rather than in the US where the hospitals are buying just for themselves.  It’s part of the reason why treatment in the US is so expensive, that and the thieving insurance companies obvs.

Anyway, keep your chin up.. sounds like you are on a good road all things considered. And remember that there are people out there would pay good money to have an attractive person in a Dr’s uniform watch them abuse themselves.!!! 😉

Cougar

I was born in the USA id be buggered.

On the bright side, it’d seemingly be by one statistically smaller than yours.

TiRed

The NHS has switched from branded Gleevec to generic imatinib. This was started when the patent expired for CML in 2016 and has continued for a rare GI tumour called GIST in 2021. Of course to cover the loss in revenue, Novartis developed follow-on medicines (nilotinib). One could argue that the high costs in the US of the innovator medicine was what paid for the research into the original and all the other failed drugs. That said, when it lost patent, it was selling $4bn a year at $110k per patient in the US – so it’s easy to argue that they’d had their fill.

This makes for an interesting read on pricing and generic imatinib in the US https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/JOP.2016.019737

For the impact on cost of generics, BNF lists gleevec as £973 for 60 tablets and generics are priced from £100 up to £900 depending on maker. The active ingredient of every generic is chemically identical, with the same human exposure when taken. The dose is 400mg a day (four tablets) so that’s £200 to £2000 per month. It’s on the WHO essential medicines list for a reason.

Nilotinib is dosed at 600mg per day and costs £2,432.85 per month. Ive not looked at comparative efficacy or safety, but you can bet that NHS purchasers will have!

As an aside, Novartis are currently laying off 8000 workers, possibly as a result of not developing a drug that has filled that revenue hole left by what is a fantastic drug. Second album syndrome is not just for bands.

FB-ATB

Maybe everyone should get an annual NHS statement like we do with the council tax bill. If everyone could see what their treatment costs they may less critical of the system.
    Mrs FB has had cancer surgery & chemo, FB jnr has CP (spent time in NICU & SCBU) so has had lots of assistance and will do for the rest of his life.

I had a bike accident in the US- fortunately the company’s travel insurance paid. Flashing the insurance card, I could see the $ signs in the clerks eyes like a Tom & Jerry cartoon.

I do not resent paying tax for the NHS.

All the best Poops for a speedy recovery.

Jordan

Absolutely! The NHS is a fantastic thing! It’s horrific to see what is happening to it. I recently had a years course of Pembrolizumab for melanma treatment. I can’t remember the precise cost per treatment but it seemed astronomical to me.

Great to see you are facing this with some humour Poopscoop, it’s the best way to deal with something that is actually a bit shit.

Poopscoop

Thanks for the continued posts guys.

I’m honestly shocked at how many of you have either been directly affected by cancer or had a loved one diagnosed with it. I think ive always seen the advert saying that one in two of us will contract it during or lifetimes as being hopelessly pessimistic. We,, ive been changed on that one.

@FB-ATB
    and @Jordon, the best of wishes to you both and your families. Also to others on here battling or watching a loved one/s fight this desease.

I went for a short walk yesterday evening down the road to a shop. Half a mile in total I would think and the temp was only 21 deg with a nice breeze. It totally destroyed me to the point I got a little emotional when I got home. I won’t be on the long term chemo till next week so perhaps I’ll feel better on that than this interim one that’s just to bring my white blood cell count down. Apparently it’s killer to have reduced my red cell count too.

I was just shocked at how tough such a short walk was. Everything is just a lot harder at the moment and these hot days are horrid. I love hot weather usually. Well no more.

Watched a few episodes of Plebs before bed though and they cheered me up no end.😁

Jordan

Cheers @Poopscoop and the same to you and FB-ATB! I’m pretty much ok actually and consider myself lucky. They managed to remove all the tumours they could find at the start and the treatment was meant to mop up any stray cells that might be floating around. Having regular scans to check for any new growth but so far all clear. There’s always the chance it could come back but I’ll worry about that when/if it happens.

Chin up and keep fighting!

thepurist

Everything is just a lot harder at the moment

Take it easy – hopefully this is the start of the recovery.

dyna-ti

I was just shocked at how tough such a short walk was

Bring a bike. Walking for me is tough too, one of the reasons i bought the Ebike, but i’ve also found just walking with it holding on to the bars with both hands makes walking easier.

A bit like a very expensive crutch 😀

chipster

All the best on the way to recovery, Poopscoop, take care.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 513 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.