Home Forums Chat Forum Smart Blu Ray / Multi Region DVD – Real world experience please!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Smart Blu Ray / Multi Region DVD – Real world experience please!
  • Harry_the_Spider

My lad is an avid DVD collector and wants to invest his (very) hard earned pocket money in a smart Blu Ray / DVD player. However, it must be multi region for the DVDs as he has some American ones.

Has anyone got any real world experience of buying one of these? We’ve found loads of units for sale that claim to be multi region, but when you rean the reviews they aren’t.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver_The_Spider aged 17 and 2 weeks.

ji
    Free Member

Been a long time since I bought a DVD player, but most half way decent brands usually had some form of hack via the remote control to turn them multi-region. Worth googling?

StuE
    Free Member

Panasonic DMP-BD84 Smart BluRay Player MultiRegion for DVD Playback(DVD Side) https://amzn.eu/d/jiwYCLo

No expensive and reviews certainly indicate it can play multi region discs

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks, the above is a good case. Description says it is multi region, but there are reviews that say it isn’t.

jp-t853

That one linked above should be fine for DVD’s.

They are often only multi region for DVD I think, Blu Ray is less common

Harry_the_Spider

Ok. Online information is very conflicting and I don’t want him to blow £100 on something that might not work.

hot_fiat

Just beware that the apps for smart players seem to be very poorly maintained (looking at you panasonic!), so you may be better off with a roku or firestick to do the smart thing.

Harry_the_Spider

Yeah, I’m beginning to think that the best solution will be to HDMI it to his laptop. Need to check if he can play a Region 1 on it.

dc1988

I used to have a laptop where you could change region but it limited how many times you could do it, worth checking

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.