Home Forums Bike Forum Small bearing puller help required please

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Small bearing puller help required please
  • toomuchtime
    Free Member

Hi

Thanks for reading this and hopefully you can help

I’ve a Banshee Spitfire and I’ve got the big bearings out unfortunately my bearing puller isn’t small enough for the small bearings now I’ve seen a tool on ebay for £14.50 that’ll do just seems a bit pricey does anyone have any tricks up their sleeves to get them out ?

The bearings sit in a cup so can’t get to the entire bearing from the ‘inside’ of the frame

Any help would be warmly received

Cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

What size bore are we talking? I know you can sometimes use an expanding bolt, the sort for securing in construction block, that might work.

Where are you? Someone local might be able to help.

toomuchtime
    Free Member

I’m in Nottingham bearing sizes are 6001 and 608

jamiemcf

Bearing protools do an expanding extractor…. I’ve used my two loads.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bush mechanic’s

#1 For blind bearings (in industry and car tinkering) you can pack the inner blind void with grease (or white bread), use a close fitting drift/spindle etc and give it a good quick sharp thump with a hammer, this can sometimes ‘hydraulic it out’
    (I’ve removed a knackered Landrover flywheel spigot bearing with this technique)

#2 If the blind bearing is in an aluminium component – if you can get it into a pan of boiling water the expansion can be enough the bearing falls out.

wheelsonfire1

Without a picture it’s difficult to know what will work but if you can get through from the back with a punch then individual expanding extractors (12mm and 8mm) should work. Wheels Manufacturing (Madison/Freewheel) are one of many suppliers. A bike shop will do it for you too.

toomuchtime
    Free Member

Thanks everyone went for the expanding extractor off bearing pro tools 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.