Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Site Update
  • big_scot_nanny

I’m signed in, and have adds appearing too like they were a couple of weeks ago.

scaredypants

Agreed
    Privacy and transparency pop-up on pretty much every bloody new page I open today, logged-in or not and advert “assistance” or not

Squirrel

Logged in but ads all over it including advice on getting rid of belly fat. FFS.

scc999

Logged in, no ads, no privacy pop up. Chrome Version 93.0.4577.82. Win 10. v2004.

Mark

There’s been another change to our consent management popup in the last 24 hours. If you are logged in, a full member and are still seeing ads then please report it to us via the help link at the bottom left on desktop. That way we get to know what device, OS and browser you are using. In particular that’s the info we need to have to be able to fix the ad display for those of you still getting ads when logged in.

On monday we are starting work on a new caching setup – that should result in improvements to page load speed. Sorry about these glitches – we will have them sorted soon.

Mark

Mark

Please continue to report ad/consent popup issues here. I will keep this thread open in tab and liaise between our tech guys today.

Again.. sorry.

savoyad

I’m getting ads on most pages and the consent popup on every page (logged in)

onewheelgood

I’ve had no problems for the last two days. I’ve used the site all day today on Windows 10, Android phone and Android tablet. Starting at 15:30 I get the cookie consent popup on every page load – on Windows but not on Android.

onewheelgood

OK, I deleted all the cookies and logged in again. OK now.

reluctantjumper

Same as onewheelgood, constant cookie consent popup. That’s on my W10 desktop using Chrome, android phone is fine.

swavis

Yep, cookie pop up on every new page I visit. Chrome on windows 10 laptop.

ThePinkster

Logged on using my desktop (Win 10, latest version of Chrome) this morning for the first time in ages and getting adverts filling up all the pages as well as the cookies pop-up every time I changed pages.

Site works fine on my phone (Android 10, latest Chrome) but terrible on the desktop.

DickBarton

Cookie pop-up on every page that loads – including the page that appears after replying to a thread – hopefully the cookie fix is quick to implement as this hasn’t been an issue for me until 10 minutes ago and now it is constant.

verses

Starting about 20mins ago I’ve been getting the cookie popup on all pages.

I logged out and went to the following link. Then after logging back in it seems to be back to normal.

Cookie Reset

doomanic

That appears to have worked for me, thanks.

Mark

We changed a setting that on the face of it was set wrong and it gave us a brief Eureka moment. It’s clearly not worked as it should. Please try the cookie killer. What we changed was a setting regarding the ads showing to full members. The cookie popup on every page is a separate issue although trying to fix one seems to have triggered the other.

grum
    Free Member

Chat forum is currently showing as only having one page of posts and that’s it. The bike and chat mixed together forum is working as normal.

scotroutes

The whole Chat page is formatted wrong – and has lost the Smart Editor. Ah – so has the Bike Forum page

Cougar

Chat forum is currently showing as only having one page of posts and that’s it.

It’s been doing this on and off for weeks. It looks like it keeps being fixed and then reverted.

Cougar

And it’s done it again.

Only one page on the index; post counts are way out (eg, the multi-page Coronavirus thread is indicating one post); and it looks to be showing display names rather than usernames.

scotroutes

It’s not worth reporting it here. The site owners and developers won’t see it 😉

Mark

Andy is already looking at this. He’s just finishing off a postage/voucher code bug in the shop. One thing at a time.

Mark

And yes. The report/help option bottom left is the best way to make us aware of bugs.

Cougar

Sorry. I’ve beat the “posting bugs in the forum” drum countless times myself, but I thought this thread was ‘different’ being hidden from the great unwashed and created specifically to discuss site changes.

scotroutes

Hence the 😉

FWIW, I normally email tech@ with any “new” problems but will repeat them on a thread too.

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Site Update’ is closed to new replies.