Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Site Update
  • Drac

Yeah Tom seems to have it. As Flickr uses link backs the forum picks up more then one link, it essentially sees 10 pics.

scotroutes

Anyway, if you are posting that many photos then you should really put them in a personal blog for folk to read rather than spamming the forum with content.

ART

Really sorry about that. We won’t give up. Can you fill in the bug report form with as much detail as you can and we’ll make it a priority job.

Bless you, and sorry, tired last night at the end of a long week. Read your instructions, fixed it 🙂 Thank you!

singlespeedstu

Anyway, if you are posting that many photos then you should really put them in a personal blog for folk to read rather than spamming the forum with content.

Its just a weekend picture thread inviting others to post their pics so we all have some great biking pics to look at…

scotroutes

I should have put “allegedly”. 😉

oceanskipper

Is there a fix for the adverts showing even though I am logged in? Keeps happening. Sometimes refreshing the page helps sometimes not….

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Bloody place is covered in adverts for me as well.

sam_underhill

Same, adverts everywhere even though I’m logged in.

metalheart
    Free Member

Getting worse.

Every time I come back to stw it’s banners (blank which you have to close to refresh the page) and adverts. Even when following a link out then back in, **** adverts.

I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to do at resubscribe time. I was already decided to bin the mag (I only skim it, it’s a waste of resources) but this is pushing me to seriously consider stopping everything.

Drac

Sorry guys. There are issues with ads effecting some members, as @mark says there’s plans to stop this. Apologies that you’re experiencing them

Mark

If you are seeing ads please report it to us using the site bug report option here. It just allows us to find the problem quicker especially with screen grabs and as much info as you can give us. The method of knowing if you are a full member or not is by a cookie that is checked and updated on every page. For those who know, check for the cookie called ‘ezoic’.

Website bug report form

the-muffin-man

Issue Reported – ads for me again. Happened last week by stopped, now back again.

How does anyone navigate this site with Ads running! Its worse than the Daily Mail!! 🙂

I just don’t understand it. Pushing so many ads so it makes the site barely useable. Not sure how that drives traffic – apart from to another website.

thebunk

Just started happening today.

– Go to forum

– See ads

– login

– Still see ads

– Refresh

– No more ads

Mark

We’ve updated the site to now use two methods of detecting you are a full member. There’s original cookie but we now have a server side check too. Fingers crossed we’ve got that issue sorted now.

The new ad system uses AI to learn the best combination of ads to place in your browser. It takes about 45-60 days for it to fully optimise and learn. It will be bit over enthusiastic at times but it will settle down.

Drac

Then it becomes self aware?

a11y

Logged in , member etc and currently seeing ads – already reported on the form. First time it’s happened. Hopefully NOT another step towards becoming self aware…

northshoreniall

Is anyone else now getting large black blanks mid page instead of adverts?
    On mobile, logged in, using android, will try laptop later.
    Its weird and means still have scroll past where ads would be but large sections of black background instead.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve had that. Mobile Safari on IOS

metalheart
    Free Member

Been seeing gaps, been seeing adverts (but would disappear when refreshed).

Now seeing adverts and banners and logged in. Refresh does **** all.

Safari on a decided unmagic iPad.

metalheart
    Free Member

Happy to report that browsing experience much improved. Currently no ads or gaps (get the double ‘dark’ posts but that no real hardship).

Thanks!

scaredypants

Happy to report that browsing experience much improved

<switches off “thing”>

Mark

Glad to hear that. Let us know if anything changes. It’s a priority that you guys get the best experience.

Our tech guys Tom and Andy have been working with our Ezoic tech partners pretty much exclusively over the last few days to make sure this work properly. We’ve still got some things to iron out but it’s good to head that the glitches are getting rarer.

Drac

Happy to report that browsing experience much improved. Currently no ads or gaps (get the double ‘dark’ posts but that no real hardship).

Thanks for the feedback normally we don’t hear once problems are fixed.

metalheart
    Free Member

You are welcome. I’m a believer if that you’re going to winge you really need to let people know when they’re getting it right. It’s only showing respect.

I’m also aware that I jinxed it in saying that it was fixed too! 🤪

bigblackshed

Logged in, refreshed, still seeing ads. Wasn’t happening Friday evening just appeared Saturday 06:30 ish.

BF9929-AD-9-B27-42-FB-888-D-249-F93-BAEBE4

There used to be an option to turn ads on / off in settings, doesn’t seem to be there now.

iPhone SE2, iOS 14.7.1, Safari.

Rio

My iPad is showing so many ads that the banner ad obscures the non-scrolling ads on the right. Can’t read the ads for the ads. Would prefer no ads though, I’ve had to go to a PC to post this since the cookie change to remove the ads seems to have worked on Firefox.

mogrim

Just logged on after a week away (from this computer, at least) and it’s full of ads 🙁

Tried refreshing and no change.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yesterday morning I’d a screen full of ads again. Refresh wouldn’t make a difference.

In the afternoon (I’d been out on my bike, amazing, I know!) and it was ‘back to normal’.

Today fine (so far). 🤷🏼‍♂️

salsaboy

All ad free now, excellent.

mogrim

Cleared out cookies, and all ads gone. Bit crap I needed to do that, but whatever.

DavidB
    Free Member

Ads all over the screen for me. Site totally unusable on mobile. I’m an ios user.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Ads again for me. Tried logging out and back in again etc etc. IOS 15 beta. Was working fine yesterday.

kilo

Ads all over my iPad, which hasn’t been used for a few days but none on the iPhone. Refreshing seems to make no difference. Bit annoying tbh, why does this forum always seem to have some bug or another running?

DavidB
    Free Member

You have to delete cookies which is massively shit on mobile (safari) as you are logged out of all sites. Then the logged out problem appears again. The AI is pre-neanderthal at the moment clearly.

And to answer the previous question. I remember the developer ad with a salary of £24k.

jimdubleyou

Just switched to using safari on Mac OS, getting ads first time I logged in.

scaredypants

back again for me last night

<switches on “thing”>

singlespeedstu

Still getting adds all over the place despite being logged in and trying the cookie cutter link thing?

teethgrinder

Ad bollocks everywhere. Logged out and back in, and still there.

Chrome on android 10

Mark

Ad changes have happened. How is it now?

crossed

Any reason why I’m getting ads all over the site?

The site is borderline unusable without paying for a sub and to be honest it doesn’t seem to be much better since I’ve paid with ads on pages an pop-ups when I try to open topics.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Site Update’ is closed to new replies.