Home Forums Bike Forum Sir! Chris! Hoy!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Sir! Chris! Hoy!
    stanley

This has hit me particularly hard this morning. I’m so gutted for Chris and his family. He’s achieved so much and is still so young.

I want to try and help him. I’m in a similar boat… Stage 4 incurable* prostate cancer with metastatic spread to lymph nodes. 53 years old at diagnosis (2 years ago). I’ve been through the chemotherapy and radiotherapy that Chris is going through. I’m also likely on the same hormone therapy. It’s been tough but I’m really well at the moment.

I just hope Chris can get through this treatment and have more good years than had been suggested.

*I refuse to call it terminal. It’s incurable but treatable.

As I’ve mentioned several times on here… Get yourselves tested!!

augustuswindsock

Sending positive vibes to you Stanley and Sir Chris, we’re all rooting for you both!

Bunnyhop

Yes, sending positive vibes too, to Stanley (looking great when I saw you last), also Sir Chris who’s been a favourite in our household for years.

let’s hope that science and medicine can find some cures for both MS and most cancers in the next few years.

DickBarton

Hopefully not a daft question, more due to no idea how it all works…

Not 50 yet, but how do you go about getting tested?

Is it just a case of calling the GP for an appointment and asking for a test?

I’d be keen to get tested just to make sure I’m clear…

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.