Home Forums Chat Forum Singletrack vs Vivaldi browser

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by pk13.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Singletrack vs Vivaldi browser
  • PrinceJohn

Should there be an immovable banner on the forum that prevents it from being read as a non paying member?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Probably not.

The easy solution there would be to use a less obscure browser…

scotroutes

Should there be an immovable banner on the forum that prevents it from being read as a non paying member?

Yes. I’m all for it.

simondbarnes

Can’t be a annoying as the newsletter popup which makes me close the site and go and do something else.

Mark

We are setting up an ad block detection notice. It’s a popup that can be dismissed and won’t return again for 24 hours. If you are a full member you should not see it because you obviously contribute financially. We got the logic wrong initially (an hour ago) and so it’s likely it displayed to some full members. That should hopefully now be fixed. However, if you have tight cookie controls then you may have some issues as it requires a cookie to be added to your machine in order to know that you have dismissed the popup. If your system doesn’t allow our cookie then it will think your are a new visitor on every page. We will keep adjusting things to minimise any issues.

Mark

Again, the newsletter slide in box can be dismissed. If you do that it will set a 1st party cookie on your machine that instructs the popup to not appear again for I think several months. If your browser prevents our 1st party cookie from being set then you are going to get the slide-in every time you visit the site.

I’ll see if there’s extra ways to limit it’s appearance beyond cookies.

dyna-ti

I got the full banner ‘Join us now’ pop up, preventing you from doing anything at all except hit the ‘join now’ button, which takes you to a join section, only for the same ‘Join us now’ pop up to appear preventing you from actually doing anything

Not that I was intending on joining, and to be honest is there another forum from retrobike to facebook forces people to pay to join :? I think not.

I’ve disabled adblocker thing. Quite a draconian measure i feel, but if thats what stw management want to do, then thats what they’re going to do.

So at least the big red pop up has vanished, but I’ve now got a long white box appeared at the bottom of the page with nothing in it.

All you can do is close this box, seems to have nothing else about it.

I also tried to post a thread asking about this but it hasnt gone through. So are free members now being blocked from starting threads, or is this another symptom of the matrix breaking ?.

scotroutes

It’s an error.
    I reported it.
    It’s being worked on.

Superficial
    Free Member

Press Esc

I get these on every page (presumably due to the tight cookie settings mentioned above) and although you don’t seem to be able to click around / through the red banner, pressing Esc clears it. This is clearly some pretty awful UI development but hopefully there’s a way to disappear the banner with a mouse click otherwise the site will be completely unusable E.g. phone/tablets where there’s no keyboard normally.

poah
    Free Member

Disable javascript on the website.

pk13

Thank God for that I thought it was me going nuts.
    Bikesarebrill has expired too I would have joined but it sent me into spiral of dooooooom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.