Home Forums Bike Forum Silca tyre pressure calculator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Silca tyre pressure calculator
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just another online tool. The ‘pro version’ is ‘free’ if you fill in your name and email.

https://info.silca.cc/silca-professional-pressure-calculator

There’s even a video about how they came up with the numbers.

lewzz10
    Free Member

Good luck to them trying to get me to run 17psi in my rear tyre! That’s just silly

hols2
    Free Member

Things like that might get you in the ballpark, but you still need to experiment to find the best pressures for the specific tyres and trails you ride. No, I’m not going to give them my personal details so they can sell them to spammers.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Did you lie about your weight? 🙂

robertpb
    Free Member

The first time I met Geoff Apps back in the mid 80’s he said I was running too much air in my tyres, he had 18psi and so did a lot of the group we rode with, it’s taken a long time for people to catch on. I know that Nino runs 17-18psi in his tyres.

lewzz10
    Free Member

No, I put in the correct weight of me geared up and my bike for 2.5″ tyres. <20 psi feels horrible without inserts and I don’t want to go through rims either.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Seemed about right for me.

86kg + bikes (think I put 92kg and 96kg for road and gravel bikes)

27mm road tyres 80-85psi

37-41mm gravel tyres ~35 psi.

Generally I would probably go 85-90 psi on the road bike simply because any less than that sometimes feels vague when cornering. But then the calculator doesn’t know if my 27mm tyres are Schwalbe pro ones (they are) or Schwalbe Marathons (which would probably ride just as well without any air they’re so stiff).

Offroad, 35psi in the gravel bikes seems about right. I go lower in winter and higher in summer, like the road that’s more to do with the tyres not squirming than chasing grip. I run a foam insert in the rear wheel but don’t feel it bottom out on the rim unless I’m running ~25psi.

No, I’m not going to give them my personal details so they can sell them to spammers.

It doesn’t check it, just put DomCummings@number10.com

tjagain

About 60% of what I run. Completely useless thing because rim width, riding style and personal preference are +/- 30% at least

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Silca tyre pressure calculator’ is closed to new replies.