Home Forums Bike Forum Sick bikes have had just a new bike delivery…

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Sick bikes have had just a new bike delivery…
  • sharkattack

You’ve got me started now. The Dirt website was all over them from day one.

This article was an absolute cringepiece when it was brand new and needless to say it’s aged like milk.

“Underestimate them at your peril”. Whatever mate.

https://dirtmountainbike.com/features/sick-cycles-mountain-bike-menagerie.html

pigyn
    Free Member

They had a tee you could buy that was an area for some text you could write and a Sick! logo underneath.

I wrote ‘No. 1 Marino Reseller’ and bought it, with real money.

Sadly they never printed it, I thought they might see the funny side but apparently not. Got messages off each of them. I think Jordans just called me a **** but Tim’s was very long and revolved around how I ruined his holiday to Disney land. And indeed, there he was on Instagram at Disney land. And he did look sad.

They refunded the tee.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

I wrote ‘No. 1 Marino Reseller’ and bought it, with real money.

This made me lol

stwhannah

Summary for those who happily missed the whole sorry tale: https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/sick-bicycles-are-things-as-bad-as-they-sound/

You can play spot the ex-Sick components here if you like: https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/north-american-scrap-lumber-bicycle-symposium-bike-check/

This thread has brightened my day (and it was really pretty shit and in need of brightening), thank you  STW Forum.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Renton you’ve got a bite.

mashr

Not sure why it’s taken me until now to see the irony of someone making a mistake then running away from it

hopkinsgm

Irony…?

“We don’t feel comfortable taking something with nothing in return”? Chinny reckon…

renton
    Free Member

Renton you’ve got a bite.

Seems that way !

martinhutch

“We don’t feel comfortable taking something with nothing in return”?

Marvellous. 🙂

tomhoward

And now the comment has gone. Colour me shocked.

Tom-B
    Free Member

@pigyn I’m wetting myself at that! Its the gift that keeps giving. Loving that he was at Disney ffs 😂

Edit….wasn’t there a low alcohol beer too?!

pigyn
    Free Member

From that Instagram, it’s a shame that Jordan only got a load of debt when Tim got a Focus ST

dannyh
    Free Member

And now the comment has gone. Colour me shocked.

Fortunately renton screen shotted it for all of us to enjoy…

Jordan really is a dickhead. When he knows he has a reputation for gobbing off and then ‘disappearing’ the posts, what does he think anyone who is clued up enough to troll him is going to do?

🤦‍♂️

ElShalimo

Can someone post on there that as soon as they’re re-opened they’d love to pop in a get a tattoo of their favourite bike on their ass cheeks?

zilog6128

all this time I’d thought the reason they were no longer in the “industry” because they were chancers and everything had finally caught up with them – turns out that’s not the case at all! It’s all down to YOU BASTARDS on here!!

Northwind

sharkattack
    Free Member

Clueless muppets start bike brand and fail spectacularly leaving lots of people out of pocket including manufacturers.

Nah. They’re not clueless muppets, they’re thieves. Don’t let them off so easily.

matt_outandabout

They’re not clueless muppets, they’re thieves.

This.
    The ‘woe is me’ and ‘it is all your nasty fault’ still ducks the responsibility and theft that went on through SICK! and related enterprises.

csb
    Free Member

Can I naively ask… did the people who were stiffed by the Sick bikes/ occult tattoo scam get their money back?

tomhoward

If they paid by PayPal or credit card, and claimed within the timeframe, yes.

Otherwise, largely no.

A few people got restraining orders though.

mashr

Occult Tattoo …. “account is private “

longmover
    Free Member

Jordan really is a prize dickhead, messaged them about a frame early on before all it went crazy. They said it was in stock so I ordered it, 2 weeks later I enquired where it was, they replied that the delivery was delayed and would arrive in 3 weeks. 3 weeks passed and the delivery was stuck in customs and they were struggling to pay the duty (who would have thought that you had to pay duty on imported goods?), when that got sorted the frame arrived. 6 months from order to delivery on a frame that was in stock.

So the box is in my hands, I open it, instead of being bare metal it the colour of milk that has been left in the sun for 3 weeks, the paint also has a texture to match. The quality of the paint was awful, it would fall off just looking at it. The build quality of the frame was also absolutely shit, it has put me off buying a Marino. I contacted Sick to say I wasn’t happy and they should replace the frame, a few emails went back and forth the silence, more silence, followed by more silence. About 5 months later they asked if I still had the frame, it had been sold on by then.

The only contact in the end was when I called out the customer service guy on here and got a whiney email off him.

I got off lightly, many others didn’t. He scammed many people including those that worked for him and then he goes on to blame everyone else for his downfall.

TLDR: Jordan is a prick, lied about stock, delivered shit product if at all, Jordan is a prick.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Worth bearing in mind a Marino is about £500 which is a hell of a lot less than other custom builds. I tend to think of him as a Peruvian Tom Barker (of Mr Big fame).

But yeah his powder coats were shonky for a time, a lot better now so I hear. It may also have been another builder entirely, they used a few folk.

chiefgrooveguru

“Worth bearing in mind a Marino is about £500 which is a hell of a lot less than other custom builds.”

Although UK wages are about seven times Peruvian wages, so that’s the root of the cost difference. And he’s probably earning more than many in Peru which I’m sure is the reverse of UK custom builders!

chiefgrooveguru

“It may also have been another builder entirely, they used a few folk.”

This is a good point. I’ve seen one direct ordered custom Marino and it looked well made and was nicely painted.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Great news! My S!ck Wulf frame is going to be delivered today. Just 2 years after I originally wanted it, I mean I only ordered it from Marino a fortnight ago but still.
    We know disruptive it was to the industry, let’s see how disruptive it is to my riding group. I imagine it will slow things down somewhat on the uphills as a minimum (if that’s even possible)

longmover
    Free Member

Worth bearing in mind a Marino is about £500 which is a hell of a lot less than other custom builds. I tend to think of him as a Peruvian Tom Barker (of Mr Big fame).

The frame that turned up as definitely a Marino, it was some of the worst welding I have seen. There were gaps in the welds, some of the welds also had spikes on them which would probably give you a cut. Other Marino frames I have seen have looked ok, this one really wasn’t.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Sick bikes have had just a new bike delivery…’ is closed to new replies.