Home Forums Chat Forum Shopping for Bluetooth Headset for MS Teams

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by tonyd.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shopping for Bluetooth Headset for MS Teams
  • franksinatra

I’m looking for recommendations from other people who spend too much time in online meetings

My previous Plantronics / PLT Bluetooth headset finally died to death a while ago so been slumming it on wired cheapo headset ever since. This has been fine but has prevented me from wandering off to the coffee machine whilst still vaguely listening to MS Teams meetings, so I need a new wireless one. I know others will tell me to get a speaker or earbuds but I have been doing this long enough to know I prefer headphones.

Essential requirements:

– On ear rather than over ear headphone style, I prefer both ears rather than just one sided.

– USB-C charge

– Reliable, simple, forget about it connection, I have found dongles best for this but happy to be convinced otherwise.

– Prefer established brands (Jabra, PLT) but happy to be convinced otherwise.

– Lightweight over long/heavy battery, I can recharge during the day if need.

– Ideally under £100 but I spend far too much time on Teams so can justify more if necessary, open to looking at refurb.

Cheers

franksinatra

I was looking at Jabra Evolve 65 but I think the charging port is Micro USB and life is to short to be faffing around with any cables other than USB-C now.

hatter

If your office isn’t too noisy then the microphone on your Laptop will do the job so just get some decent Bluetooth headphones for the tuuunez.

A set of Sony XM1000-XM3’s can be had for £167 now. Excellent noise cancelling and music quality, they have a mic as well for bluetooth calls that works in teams so you can still wander around the office talking to yourself.

alan1977
    Free Member

we buys the soundcore range from amazon, been very pleased with them

bails

I got a Poly Voyager 4320. Bluetooth, usb c, teams button on one side to answer calls, a mute button on the mic stalk, connects to multiple devices so I can play music off my phone and then switch to answering a teams call.

I’ve had colleagues ask me what it was as the sound is much better than the standard ones we get from work. Currently £111 on Amazon.

timmys

Best Jabra you can afford is correct answer IMHO.

Looking on Amazon you can get Evolve 65 for £109, but I would push the budget and go for the Evolve2 55 at £159 (RRP £238) if at all possible.

I have the 55’s now and previously had the 65’s. The 65’s are good but the 55’s are a big upgrade – particularly on wireless range (and gets you your USB-C)

If your office isn’t too noisy then the microphone on your Laptop will do the job

Don’t be that person – everyone else hates you.

franksinatra

Does the Evolve 55 have USB C input for charging?

timmys

Does the Evolve 55 have USB C input for charging?

Yes, sorry was editing my post as you replied. I think they sell different versions where the wireless dongle is either USB-A or USB-C – but for both versions the charging is USB-C. In theory you can use computer’s built-in bluetooth and not use the dongle but I found it was crap (suspect a decent computer might be fine, but was unusable on my middle of the road work HP laptop).

tonyd

I prefer not to use headphones these days, when I do I just use what’s to hand. A friend at work though uses these and swears by them, they’re over budget of course, in true STW fashion

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Arctis-Nova-Pro-Wireless/dp/B09ZLRCH1H/ref=pd_ci_mcx_pspc_dp_d_2_t_1?pd_rd_w=Zoar0&content-id=amzn1.sym.3799925f-b0ee-4cc9-bd36-250db997eac4&pf_rd_p=3799925f-b0ee-4cc9-bd36-250db997eac4&pf_rd_r=VEB8ETNR2EF3F9EEGM3M&pd_rd_wg=VOzvR&pd_rd_r=60e72673-5c11-44a2-ac8c-3615f3d62eef&pd_rd_i=B09ZLRCH1H

I see they also support kleer. An old headset of mine was DECT, with a 30+ metre range – great for wandering around the house. My biggest gripe with bluetooth is the range, seems like kleer offers better range as well as supporting fully lossless sound for the audiophile within.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.