Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano e-bike motor lockings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shimano e-bike motor lockings.
  • b33k34

I’m sure this made perfect sense to someone.

At the top is the Steps Lockring tool – which I needed to buy for bike with a EP8 motor.  16 notches, 54mm diameter

For some reason Shimano deemed this couldn’t be the same as the bottom bracket interface (bottom right) 16 notches, 44mm diameter. there must have been some reason it needed to be that large. A lot of old tools might not have worked, but the new ones would have worked for BBs as well.

Anyway, having bought it I’m sure it will be useful in future.

But no, K’s new bike with EP801 motor uses the same size lockring as Shimano’s direct mount 12S chainrings. 41mm, 16 notches.

IMG_3661

Ambrose

I feel your pain. I have BB tools for HT2, square taper (X3 for some reason), Royce, Bosch and a couple of unknowns. Plus C spanners, cone spanners, headset spanners and goodness knows what else spanners.

b33k34

Oh yes, HT2, Square taper. Royce.  But also Isis (which I think did get used for something other that BB’s a few years back so I was glad I’d kept it).

And of course Sram DUB BB is different to other SRAM BBs (needed to buy one of those to strip a bike and sell the parts the other week)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.