Home Forums Bike Forum Sending Exposure lights for service – Lithium Ion – Courier?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sending Exposure lights for service – Lithium Ion – Courier?
  • el_boufador

Hi all,

After many years great service I have a couple of Exposure lights (MaxxD and Diablo) that are now down on burn time due to the age of the batteries.

I want to send them back in for a service with Exposure, to fit new batteries
    …however…
    all the couriers that I look at seem to have a restriction on sending Lithium Ion batteries, whether separately or as part of a unit.

I asked Exposure themselves who suggested APC – however this seems to be more suited for business customers rather than punters like myself (looks like I have to sign up as a customer, visit a depot miles away)

Can anyone suggest a courier who will definitely take the lights,
    with it clearly stated on the Ts and Cs that it is OK to send products containing Lithium Ion?

I really don’t want to risk it – I am looking to send £400+ worth of lights – I bet if they got destroyed due to ‘containing items on the restricted list’ then insurance would also be invalidated.

Thanks for any tips!

Speshpaul

Royal Mail do a next day up £600 insured for £10

exposure lights have sealed/contained batteries the RM are ok with that.
    sent a maxD and a Diablo back for some pre-winter fettling a few weeks back.
    Absolutely no issues at all.

zilog6128

must admit I didn’t even give this a thought when I sent my light for repair! Used RM, no issues.

stevious

I’ve just sent mine to exposure via Royal Mail without issue.

mrbadger
    Free Member

It can’t be that much of an issue given 99% of people probably buy them online and get them delivered, me included.

I’d have thought a fair proportion of what gets posted nowadays contains lithium ion batteries of some sort..

el_boufador

Thanks,
    Think I have found what I need on RM conditions…
    https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2024-05/prohibited-and-restricted-items-english.pdf

There are still conditions to be adhered to, which is worth being aware of  (e.g. packaging requirements)

Screenshot 2024-09-16 214717

st

Another Royal Mail vote here. I sent a Joystick back earlier this year. Answered the question at the counter about what was in the parcel and they popped a sticker on. No bother when I confirmed that the battery was integral to the light and not loose in the packet.

davosaurusrex

I have the solution – give them to your plastic Northern mate when you were in Wales last weekend,  then he can drop them into Exposure for you.  All you need is a time machine. At worst they’ll keep my FiveTens company, sitting forgotten in the back of his van….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.