Home Forums Chat Forum Sediment filter for bath plug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sediment filter for bath plug
  • bikesandboots

Do such things exist? I can only find filters for incoming water, not what goes down the drain. Plenty of plug strainers with big holes for debris and hair, but will let mud sediment and grit right through.

I have no outdoor space to wash muddy gear. No outdoor space at all, in fact, and nowhere public to reasonably do it either, let alone with water and lighting. When I drive to ride (which is most of the time), I generally rinse things down before packing up the car to come home. But sometimes that doesn’t happen, or I ride from home, so I end up at home with dirty kit to be cleaned off in the bath. Draining the bath without letting the sediment down, and then wiping up the sediment to dispose of separately is tedious. And washing it down is I fear would clog the pipes up eventually.

So I would like some fine washable maybe fabric filter like you have on a vacuum cleaner, to go over the plug hole.

DickBarton

A garden centre pressure washer – you pump it up and build pressure up to allow a fine mist or jet out. Can you rinse at doorstep?
    The pressure washer can be filled from tap on bath so hopefully a very small hassle to do (do before going out and leave at door so you access it before dirtying up the house after a ride.

bikesandboots

Thanks I was half expecting ideas not to wash dirty kit in the bath 🙂

I do have a HydroShot for the trail car park washing I mentioned.

I have no outdoor space of my own (as I said), nor any nearby public or shared outdoor space where I can wash dirty shoes, trousers, and jacket. The kind of things that need a few buckets worth of hot water and detergent to do.

May as well be living in a skyscraper for the purposes of this question.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.